Hi all - I just found this handy little thing in the IDPA Tactical Journal as an ad and thought it might be useful for matches and sport shooters alike. It also looks like they have some cool portable stand products as well.

Brass Wizard by Uniquetek.com

brass_wizard.jpg

From their site:

The Brass Wizard™ is designed to make gathering your spent cartridge cases efficient and easy ... as well as saving your back in the process. The Brass Wizard™ quickly picks up most centerfire metallic pistol and rifle cases, and shot hulls. I've even used it to pick up .50 BMG brass!

Just roll the Brass Wizard™ over the cases and they pop into the basket! It picks up brass from sand, dirt, grass and hard surfaces. It will hold about 25 to 35 pistol cases before needing to be emptied.

The Brass Wizard will pick up:

Pistol Brass: .380 Auto, 9mm, .38/.357, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, 45 Colt, and up!

Rifle Brass: .223, .308, 30-06, 45-70, etc.

Shotgun Hulls: .410 bore through 12 GA.*

50 BMG: Yes, even 50 BMG and other large bore rifle brass.*

* If you want to pick up only shot hulls or 50 BMG, and exclude pistol brass, see the Brass Wizard II™ below.

Features

Will not damage the brass cartridge cases or shot hulls

Eliminates bending over

Eliminates handling of dirty brass

Minimizes pick up of dirt, stones and debris

Thought someone might find value from it.

It only works on fairly hard surfaces. Nice for indoor ranges, a waste of time outdoors if you shoot on grass/sand/gravel.

I've seen people using them at matches in the conditions you mention. I'm going to pay closer attention next time to see if they are really working.

It only works on fairly hard surfaces. Nice for indoor ranges, a waste of time outdoors if you shoot on grass/sand/gravel.

If you're on fairly short or matted grass, it's actually not terrible. Col Mortimer was using one at the last Shongum match and it seemed to work fine. I plan to use mine there from now on. But you're right about sand and gravel, it just won't work.

I want one. Not that I reload, but some of the outdoor ranges I've been to are LITTERED with brass, some of which appears aged. Collect enough of it, and I may be able to buy some more ammo with the scrap XD.

Hell I never tried one on a nicely manicured lawn so if it works, then great. We've tried them at both CJ and OB and we were disappointed with the results, on the other hand we use them the OB indoor matches and there it shines. It isn't a bad technology, it just not the answer for everything.

I want one. Not that I reload, but some of the outdoor ranges I've been to are LITTERED with brass, some of which appears aged. Collect enough of it, and I may be able to buy some more ammo with the scrap XD.

don't scrap it unless you know it's either no good, or not re-loadable. People who reload will take it and toss you a few bucks, it's worth more to a reloader than a scrap yard and you will wind up with a few more bucks that way also..

WHOA!!!!!!! low blow Harry, how many other posts am i being bashed it. Ouch! Btw i just ordered a press and I don't want you to have my brass. i'm rolling another tarp over your tarp.

Good, I was trying to figure out a way to separate that aluminum junk you bring to matches so I don't have to pick it out 1 by 1. Good thinkin'

Good, I was trying to figure out a way to separate that aluminum junk you bring to matches so I don't have to pick it out 1 by 1. Good thinkin'

I was going to go there but I already had 1 Low Blow and figured I'd let someone else field that one..

I need to find a new squad

And change your clothes before you come to shoot, we smell the tacos/barritos 100ft away.................. ;)

I gotta shoot my 9mm more often so you guys can have my steel-cased Tulo junk mixed-in with your nice brass casings! I think I have .45 ACP in aluminum also! :)

And change your clothes before you come to shoot, we smell the tacos/barritos 100ft away.................. ;)

I gotta shoot my 9mm more often so you guys can have my steel-cased Tulo junk mixed-in with your nice brass casings! I think I have .45 ACP in aluminum also! :)

DAMN that's low

Love you Elvis.

Same here Elvis, don't you just feel the love...........

I just want to beat you fair and square with the carbines one day. No equipment failures for you or Jon next time. I now know how my guns works (thanks Ray Ray) so I can give you guys a run for your money!

holy shit, i think that is borderline racist!, fugg the squad I need a new forum. I know how sensitive you old men are so i try to keep quiet but if you want to open this box then don't fear the demons.

and Qel save em if you ever plan to reload or want to send them to me. Also if u have enough I'm pretty sure some haters on this forum will buy em off of you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By zoid
      Note: Everything is SOLD PENDING FUNDS 
      Press: Lee Pro 1000 - $50
      The arm doesn't pull down for some reason so this is why I've significantly discounted it, I'm sure it can be fixed.
      Comes with Brass Feeder, Powder plates, extra pieces. Funnel.  Powder feeder, primer feeder.  Normally $200 plus new.

Lee Precision Dies: - $25 for both 45 ACP and 9mm  
      Tumbler: Lyman Turbo 1200 w/ half bag of media. -  $25.  
      The base cracked, but it works like a charm. Comes with a wall timer.  Also some extra brass polish and brass die lube.

RCBS 502 Powder Scale - $35 (This is a steal, normally $75 plus shipping!)
      Very accurate, easy to use.  

SOLD - Primers: 6 full boxes Large Pistol Primers.   - SPF $90 (Plus 2 partial boxes)
                      6 boxes CCI Small Pistol Primers - SPF $90

(3 TulAmmo, 2 CCI, 1 Sellier/Bellot) 2 partial boxes Large Pistol primers.
      (This is $15 each, I'm not charging for the partials.) You will NOT get a better deal than this. Usually $35 a box, plus shipping, plus hazmat. and you're getting two partial boxes free!).
      The small pistol primers were literally just opened from the box they shipped in just for the photo.  Untouched.

Bullets: $15 per box.
      Update: 2 boxes 158g 38 SPF
      Lead 45 ACP, Lead 38spl/357Mag,
      500 bullets per box
      Partial Box of Plated 9mm (about 200 bullets) / Included if you buy the lot
      Partial Box 45ACP Lead about 200 bullets / Included if you buy the lot
      You will not get a better deal than this.  I paid $35 a box plus shipping.

Assorted Brass: $45 (unprimed, once fired)
      Approximately 1000 9mm, 500 40sw, 500 38spl, 500 357mag, plus at least 1000 assorted brass.
      Comes with the plastic tubs.  Honestly, the count is probably higher than what I'm listing, but I would rather err on the side of caution.  
      Usually, you can pay around $45 for 1000 rounds of any brass or more.  

MTM Bullet Trays: $FREE IF YOU BUY ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS. First come first serve.
      4 x 45 ACP 100 round trays, 1 x 9mm 100 round tray, 3 x 50 round 9mm trays (smart reloader brand) 

THE WHOLE LOT - $125 SPF 

Assorted Brass: $45
      Bullets:  $60 2000 bullets
      RCBS 502 Powder Scale - $35
      Tumbler: Lyman Turbo 1200 w/ half bag of media. $25.  
      Dies: 45 ACP and 9mm - $25
      Lee Pro 1000 Press - $50
      Powder: Accurate #2 and Clay's. About a third of the bottle left of each container. 
      Located in Matawan NJ right off Rt 34.  10 Min fro OBRPC.
      sungwei@gmail.com
      732 841 6482
      Unfortunately cannot ship or meet up currently as I am moving so local pick up only.

158g Sold pending funds 

• By My1stGlock
      Although it's not a NJ establishment I believe West Side Rifle and Pistol Range is the last indoor gun range that exists in NYC of all places. I happen to know the guys and they are a great bunch of guys. I found out that they are also hurting like all other self owned businesses and someone mentioned they have a gofundme page currently. The fact that they are a 2A establishment and also the only one left in the NYC I figured i  can let our forum members know about their page. They did not come to me about this but if I can help out a business/friend and spread the word I will do so and for a good bunch of guys. I understand that for some of us it's hard to donate but if you can that would be great. If you can also spread the word and post on your social media sites that would be great. I would do so but I don't have any accounts on FB, IG or other sites. If you do donate drop them a message that it was you heard about them via NJGF!
      https://www.gofundme.com/f/west-side-rifle-and-pistol-range-inc

Thank you and sorry for asking......

• By medved11
      Up for sale is an unused Lee Loader Kit for .44 magnum. The kit comes as shown and has all of the parts that come with the set. 
      $20 for a face-to-face sale in the Princeton/Hillsborough area

• By rifleman
      For sale awesome MEC 9000HN Hydraulic reloading press $600 !  I already have a pair of these machines and tuned this up perfectly. It has been stripped down, cleaned, assembled, lubed and run 200 shells. They chambered and shot perfect. This machine needs nothing to start loading shells at a rate of 300 per hour. If you have a single stage or manual progressive MEC, this is the machine for you. Your arm will thank you, the hydraulic 110VAC pump has a foot pedal. It draws less than 10 amp, can plug in anywhere. The sizing collet is in perfect condition. 
      It is set up now for 1-1/8 oz 1,200 FPS velocity using Cheddite 209 primers, WIN wad & Remington Gun club hulls. These are great hulls to reload, the plastic is perfect for re-crimping. I can set it up for another load or show you how to do it. 
      This machine lists for $1,211 at Midway + shipping but you can get a machine fully set up and working for the low price of $600 ! This will produce $9 per box Winchester AA loads for about $5. Plus the machine will always have resale value, parts and service are available from MEC. I have been loading on the 9000 for 5 years and they are easy to adjust & maintain.
      But wait................. 
      Act now and included in the price is the MEC maintenance tools for adjusting base re-sizing & main spring removal ($32 value), MEC Bushing rack ($30 value), 9 bushings ($45 value) 3 charge bars ($54 value). That is over $150 worth of extra stuff that you don't have to buy! The manual is included. Man that's a lot of extra stuff.
      The extra bushings will allow you to make any 7/8 oz, 1 oz, 1-1/8 oz shell at any velocity. You can make some low recoil now noise light loads for the kids up to a killer 75 yard sporting clay crusher for the end station at Lehigh.
      OK, this sounds too good to be true but I want to sell it to a forum bud and skip the hassle of shipping it on EBay. The machine is under power and will produce shells immediately. I couldn't sell it any other way. Pickup only in Brick NJ. 
      This is not me but it is a very accurate representation of the machine. Best to call or text 732-691-8706, I don't check Forum replies too often.

• By Maksim
      I just wanted to take a moment and wish a very warm welcome, once again, to Shore Shot Pistol Range!  @shore_shot
      A very cool fairly recently remodeled range and a nice big store with plenty of firearms for you to try!  One of the oldest in NJ with plenty for both new and more experienced shooters.  I recall coming here after Rays closed up.
      Also, please visit the vendor page here