tuktuk

WTB --- steel / other / not plastic rod for Sig P226

Funny, I was just thinking about this. Is there any info proving a need for this upgrade?

There is no "need" for this. And I'm not sure the term "upgrade" even applies. This is for people who don't like/trust plastic guide rods, although I have never heard of one failing (doesn't mean they don't - it's just something that isn't common, if they do). Metal guide rods add weight to the muzzle which helps damp recoil (minimally), which is why this isn't legal for some classes in some gun games. Although with a Sig you are probably OK since they did use metal guide rods at one time.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There is no "need" for this. And I'm not sure the term "upgrade" even applies. This is for people who don't like/trust plastic guide rods, although I have never heard of one failing (doesn't mean they don't - it's just something that isn't common, if they do). Metal guide rods add weight to the muzzle which helps damp recoil (minimally), which is why this isn't legal for some classes in some gun games. Although with a Sig you are probably OK since they did use metal guide rods at one time.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

BIG + 1 Bob

this is exactly what it is. :)

and I'm not even worried about the plastic rod, just have an itch to do something to my pistol :)