this_is_nascar

Suggest a Smartphone

For you iPhone guys, are you at least getting an entire full day from a charge?

Average use, I'm at about 60% by the end of the day with no charging. Bored, and playing games, it might get closer to 0%, but will definitely get through the day.

However, I bought the iPhone for the music capabilities. In the car, it is charging as I listen to music. In the dock at home, listening to music, it is charging. So, I really couldn't care how long the battery lasts, since I have to go out of my way to deal with it.

Average use, I'm at about 60% by the end of the day with no charging. Bored, and playing games, it might get closer to 0%, but will definitely get through the day.

However, I bought the iPhone for the music capabilities. In the car, it is charging as I listen to music. In the dock at home, listening to music, it is charging. So, I really couldn't care how long the battery lasts, since I have to go out of my way to deal with it.

Yeah I've never seen it go below 20%, even when I was using it a lot through the day. I've been happy with the battery life.

For example, my fiancee is playing Bejeweled, and will probably play for another hour. It was at 75% now. Probably will be between 60-65% when I get it back. And that's an hour of straight playing. If you don't use it constantly, battery life shouldn't be an issue.

My iphone 4s goes all day without charging. I plug it in every night. You het good battery life if you shut down apps you don't need to have running.

This is key more than anything. I shut down my apps whenever I get a chance. Great way to save battery life. I've heard a lot of people who complain about battery life often don't know about shutting apps down.

Iphone 4s!!! Go with it. Not only do you get the best operating system you also get the best warranty. Forget having to pay an insurance deductble to replce your phone. Apples products come with a standard 1 year apple warranty. Your phone stops working for some strange reason! just make appt with applestore, take it in and leave with a complete replacement. You dont have to wait a weeek to get a replacement in the mail. Its also the easiest phone to repair if you drop and crack the back or front glass. Watever you need to find out just ask siri and she will tell you. Its Literally a phone, computer, mp3 player, and personal assistant all in one.

Yesterday morning, I walked out of the Verizon store with my new Motorola Razr MAXX. I just couldn't look past that 3300 mAH (or whatever it is) battery. I do not want to own a phone that can't get me an entire day without being charged. I think the MAXX is my best chance of achieving the longest possible usage between charges. Anyway, I've been spending a bunch of time playing with it and reading about it on Android Forums. I've been reviewing some of the "Top 10 Android" application sites. What great apps can you guys recommend? In addition, I tried accessing NJGF and it redirected to something called TapaTalk or the like. I have to research what that's all about.

So far, so good.

I access NJGF on my phone using just the browser. When Tapatalk comes up just hit cancel. If you scroll all the way to the bottom there is a button for the mobile version of the site, most of the time it remembers this setting, but not always.

Unfortunately the mobile version of NJGF is not a separate URL, and it does not automatically redirect mobile browsers to the mobile version.

Iphone 4S all the way. Was using blackberry for a number of years. Cant believe how much better the Iphone is to the BB. Not one complaint about the Iphone. My dad who is tech illiterate got the Iphone a month after I got mine. He must tell me at least once a week how much he loves the 4S.

Iphone 4S all the way. Was using blackberry for a number of years. Cant believe how much better the Iphone is to the BB. Not one complaint about the Iphone. My dad who is tech illiterate got the Iphone a month after I got mine. He must tell me at least once a week how much he loves the 4S.

anything is better than Blackberry... My girlfriend had the torch for about 3 months, hated it so bad that she gave it away to her friend and bought her self an Android base phone. I asked her why give it away? she said she didnt want anyone else getting ripped off like she did. I guess blackberry is more for business they personal use

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't say I'm all that impressed with Tapatalk. It takes forever to load and never seems to be not doing anything. I've yet been able to view the forums with this application.

Well, it works really well on my iPhone 4s. ;)

galaxy nexus, or razr maxx. i was an iphone owner since 2009 when the 3Gs came out and i recently went to android. I dont think il use an iphone again. Galaxy nexus is definitely a great choice.

Glad to hear it. Now maybe the author should spend some time to learn the Andriod OS, so he/she can get it to work as well on those phones :).

Well, 1) make sure you got the real, paid version form one of the reputable android app stores (google's marketplace, or amazon are what I would recommend at the moment). There are tons of fakes out there loaded up with malware and viruses for android.

People refer to iOS as a walled garden. They call it that because while you may be trapped in it, it's got it's advantages, otherwise they'd just call it prison.

How are you guys carrying your phones? Do you belt-carry with a clip, carry in the pocket naked or carry in the pocket with a wrap? I've always belt-carried on the belt, but I'm finding this phone may be a bit too large for that, unless I'm able to drop 50-lbs or so :).

Thanks again. For my new RAZR Maxx, I had tried tried the OEM Verizon belt-clipped case. It was nice, but offered no protection to the top and bottom of the phone. When clipped to my belt, I "felt" that it was there for sure. I've tried the Body Glove, since I had great success with that on my LG Cosmos. For their RAZR Maxx version, they seem to have changed the design of the clip itself. On my old one, the clip was activated from the top, while on the belt. Now on the newer version (I guess due to the kickstand), the button is on the bottom of the clip, making it almost impossible to easily access, without twisting your finger in all kinds of strange positions. Using the BG without the clip makes for a really sturdy setup, but the phones sticks while putting it into and taking it out of my pocket.

I read about (and ordered one a couple minutes ago), the Diztronic brand of case. It offers the same outstanding protection of the Body Glove, but reportedly doesn't get hung-up while pocketing it. I should have it sometime tomorrow.

Yes. I carry this way at work too. In my patrol bdu pants leg pocket screen facing in. When i upgrade i will most likely get a case those. I will be going to the iphone and a magpul case. Right now i have a droid x

I have the Droid X now and it works fine. Is there a compelling reason to buy an Iphone in August when I am eligible for an upgrade?

I carry mine in my pocket, no case, screen facing me. If you want one of the best cases with a belt clip then here is the answer http://www.otterbox....default,pd.html

Yes, I've been reading about those as well. Seems to have the best protection, but you sacrifice in other areas, mostly in size. It's been compared to carrying/holding a "brick". The fact that it will make the phone noticeably larger, means it will be even more uncomfortable on my waste. I do appreciate the suggestion though.