Teky0101

Liberty Safe - Fatboy

Hello Everyone,

The other week my brother and I visitied the liberty safe store in Mt. Laurel. The salesmen was excellent and the safes seemed very nice! We are possibly looking to purchase the Fatboy 62 gun safe with the electronic lock so I was wondering if anyone on the forums owns this safe? If so, what do you think of the safe? Is there anything you discovered about the safe after your purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering why you have issue with a business advertising their brand on their truck?

Or is it just a case of privacy/tinfoilhat-ism?

really? Why would anybody want to announce to anyone passing by that they are having a safe installed. To me, it's no different then a repo guy not putting his name on his truck.

I think Mike is totally right...I'd be fully pissed if they rolled up with that!! There have been so many burglaries around me as well! I have the outside of my house lit up like Yankee stadium at night!

I live in a decent area. In saying that there has probably been 3-4 burglaries on my street in the past 5 years.

You call that a decent neighborhood?

There have been a total of zero burglaries in my neighborhood in the 20 years I've been living in my house. I think that's decent and a reasonable expectation.

Regarding a truck showing up that says "Freds Safes and Ammo", how is this making you less safe? First off, it says to potential thieves "don't bother". And, unless your neighbors are the potential thieves, it is highly unlikely that potential thieves will be driving by right at that moment.

<snip>

Regarding a truck showing up that says "Freds Safes and Ammo", how is this making you less safe? First off, it says to potential thieves "don't bother". And, unless your neighbors are the potential thieves, it is highly unlikely that potential thieves will be driving by right at that moment.

It is still not cool to "out" someone like that.

You call that a decent neighborhood?

There have been a total of zero burglaries in my neighborhood in the 20 years I've been living in my house. I think that's decent and a reasonable expectation.

I'm not sure how many criminals you've been around in your life but it the ones that know what you have that you should be more concerned with. Jus sayin!!!!

Just wondering. How thick is the body on libertys? Would you happen to know the gauge?

Not that thick. They are off the franklin line I think. I have looked at them a lot but decided I wanted something stronger. The best time is around the hunting shows. Such as the outdooor show in edison and the shows in harrisburg. Liberty gives good rebates then.

I was priced at $1800 and I think $175 for delivery and install in my basement in Feb.

I guess I am one of the few here who would rather advertise that I have a safe, guns, cameras, alarm system, etc., than one who may be assumed not to have any sort of protection. IMO, the common criminal is not going to attempt to burglarize a home where the owner takes steps to protect it. I think just the opposite will occur. Just like the other thread where people are afraid to carry their firearms to their vehicle for the same fear. To each his own. :unknw:

I got my safe, a Liberty Lincoln 35 from the Mt. Laurel store and found them to be highly prefessional from order to ship, to delivery and installation. I've been very happy with my purchase.

I was wondering how thick is 11 gage steel? Is it strong enough to resist and break in? We also check the Florida and we are going to check to see if they will match it tomorrow. It was almost 300 dollars cheaper.

Have you check lowes.com to see if you can get a better price?

So, just so I'm tracking, you called a storefront buisness and wanted them to match an internet store price, got into a pissing match with them because they wouldn't, then didn't buy from the first company either...gotcha...

Like I said, my experience was great. I had some extras thrown in for free, and they were very talented for getting my good sized safe into places with less then a quarter inch of clearance. They were clean, fast, respectful, and zero drama.

Once they installed it, they gave me a full overview of the safe features again, in home, along with showing me how to operate and set up my locking system. The delivery man also brought a discount Liberty offered to Military and LE to my attention, that I was unaware of. If I recall, it was a hundred and fifty dollar refund.

So, like I said, the experience was top notch, and so is the product.

I guess I am one of the few here who would rather advertise that I have a safe, guns, cameras, alarm system, etc., than one who may be assumed not to have any sort of protection. IMO, the common criminal is not going to attempt to burglarize a home where the owner takes steps to protect it. I think just the opposite will occur. Just like the other thread where people are afraid to carry their firearms to their vehicle for the same fear. To each his own. :unknw:

I agree, I have a camera system on my house, an alarm and a safe. All you have to do is look at the house to see the cameras. I consider that a deterrent in itself?

Special ops scout, looks like your tracking wrong. First, the internet price I got is from a brick & mortar store in florida which is an authorized liberty safe dealer. Second, I never got into a pissing match with them. I called them and told them I could have it delivered from another liberty safe dealership just like them for a lot less. I asked them if there was anyway they can even come close to that price, not beat it. The person I spoke with told me someone would call me back. They never did. But I'm the one who's wrong?

Sorry, to answer your other question, like I said in my original post, the reason I didn't go with that company in florida is they only did curbside delivery. I didn't want to attempt to get a thousand pound safe to the basement myself nor did I want to call a moving company to do it.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your responces to my question. We have decided to upgrade the same to a Franklin series, they have a really nice one on sale at the store. We also tried to price match the Flordia and after speaking to the sales rep he told us that the Liberty Store in Florida was going out since they did not comply with Liberties standards of sales. However, the salemen maked down the safe even more for us by $400 dollars!!! Woo!! Hoo!! Now the only problem we are having is to upgrade one more step to the Lincon or stay with the Franklin. Also should we get the electronic lock or stay with the mechanical just in case there were a large surge or EMP. Anyone have any suggestions?

The basic premise as it was explained to me; if you intend to go into it often, get an electronic lock. If it will be more of an occassional access, you can get by with the mechanical lock. I have the biometric on mine, and while I might be screwed on an EMP, from a more practical sense, it takes me all of about six seconds to access my safe. As I tend to store my off duty in there when not carrying due to three young children in my home, it's very convienient to press one button, rest any of a half dozen different fingers on the reader and have it open. I can also get in about a second quicker if I just punch in the combination. The lock is stand alone and battery powered, it's not plumed into the power outlet, so a power surge of any sort would have no impact on your locking mechanism; just on the golden rod and lights.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your responces to my question. We have decided to upgrade the same to a Franklin series, they have a really nice one on sale at the store. We also tried to price match the Flordia and after speaking to the sales rep he told us that the Liberty Store in Florida was going out since they did not comply with Liberties standards of sales. However, the salemen maked down the safe even more for us by $400 dollars!!! Woo!! Hoo!! Now the only problem we are having is to upgrade one more step to the Lincon or stay with the Franklin. Also should we get the electronic lock or stay with the mechanical just in case there were a large surge or EMP. Anyone have any suggestions?

Franklin, dial lock. The Lincoln is a nice step up, but aside from the bottom 2 bolts and the slightly longer fire protection, there isn't that much to justify the price.

My Franklin is bolted down under a staircase, so it's not going anywhere, and there's no room around it to get a pry bar in there to go to work on it anyway. I know 4 way bolts are recommended, but with the budget that I had to work with, the Franklin was the way to go.