As I am getting ready to walk out the door to start my new job as a taxi driver on the night shift a thought strikes me. What have you done lately to preserve your 2nd amendment rights? Being a member of a national or state org while a good thing is not enough. So what have you done? As for me I recently had a conversation with our new cleo as well as the mayor concerning the extra forms required by the city. Both seemed genuinely surprised that these were not required by the state and the cleo even took notes during the conversation. Having just recently taken over the job he promised to look into it and told me they were just following the procedure that was in place prior to him starting but if he was able to verify what I had said he would promptly eliminate them. I will be calling next week to follow up. Your turn...

I've gotten several people into guns, and taken others out shooting. I use the NRA scorecard when I vote, I WANT to start a Pro-2A club at Rowan, and I provide statistics when people start claiming online that gun control decreases crime.

I try to keep people informed and aware of the pending zombie apocolypse. I try to remind them that re-animated corpses wont kill themselves. So I like to think that Ive made a few more people aware that owning firearms is just not their constitutinal right, But also their obligation to use those firearms in defesne of our loved ones and country from the mass hoardes of the walking dead.

That and ive taken a few people to the range who were very anti gun, and in the end are now very happy gun owners.

Some good replies here guys as well as some often needed levity. Keep your efforts going. mcbethrthat is some quality work and our community needs more of it. All I ever hear in the msm is news about anti protests or gun related violence, usually both in concert. While I feel for all the families that have lost loved ones to this type of violence, I also know (as do most here) that further gun restrictions are not the answer. This http://t.co/lthDpZrt cracks me up every time I see it but it does illustrate the point. Make sure antis you know see it. Perhaps we can be as proactive as these moms against guns. Why shouldn't we also stage marches and demonstrations? Love or hate them the OWS/anonymous movement have been able to get their message out and converted more than a few. Don't sit around and let them take your rights! Do something about it then do something else. If oyu are not a front line type of person, then perhaps your skills in other areas can help the cause. Don't just say eff it, I got mine, or I don't wanna rock the boat cause I might get denied. You may not like how it ends and there won't be anyone there to help you. Remember that Janet Reno said it "Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms

is the goal." It is your duty to preserve your rights. No one is going to do it for you.