gunguynj

Ahoy from Montclair

Hey everybody my Name is Dan and I am a new member of the ANJRPC and will be shooting @ Cherry Ridge. I usually shop at the Bullet Hole since it is close to me. I am a Physical Therapist and I recently began pursuing recreational shooting after realizing that....I CAN!

My first gun was a Model 60 357 S&W 3" revolver. Much more kick then I expected and I have only put about 200 rounds through it. Currently Id say Im pretty inaccurate. I also just picked up a used Tikka T3 tactical with a nice Buckmaster scope and bipod. I took it out to Calverton and put 300 rounds through it. I wouldnt say its dialed but it certainly makes shooting easy. Its a 223 caliber.

I have one more gun permit and I am thinking about a few handguns, primarily a Beretta 92FS or a Chiappa White Rhino(It looks exciting). Then again, Im trying to just relax and enjoy what I have before buying 5K worth of guns!

Look forward to learning from you guys and this great website.

Welcome, brother. Get a big safe. One gun turns into nine real easy... and it gets interesting when you wife takes over half the safe for her jewelry.

The Beretta 92FS is a fine handgun, and for that matter, so is the Model 60.

Hi My name is Rick and I'm a reloading addict. Oh wait, you said physical therapist. The 92FS is a great 9mm. Welcome aboard and I also shoot CR. I mean, at CR.

Sorry Rick im not THAT kind of therapist although sometimes i feel like it! I like the Beretta but for the most part I am a revolver man. Something about that design looks like it would be a pleasure to shoot. I am certainly open to suggestions though.

Welcome, brother. Get a big safe. One gun turns into nine real easy... and it gets interesting when you wife takes over half the safe for her jewelry.

The Beretta 92FS is a fine handgun, and for that matter, so is the Model 60.

Thats why she doesnt have the combination! That also explains why we wont have any money for her to buy more jewelry as well :-) Hell, she is enamored with long range shooting so maybe ill get her a 223/308 of her own/me.

The model 60 is great I just wish I had more heft and frame to absorb that killer 357 round. My hand thumps for a day after putting 50 rounds through it!

Hi,

Welcome.

Might I suggest some 38 specials for your .357? Your hand and wrist will thank you.

That said, I believe you'll find 9mm to be much more fun since you can shoot so much more of it.