Brisco

What's "The Point"

Well, I didn't know we needed another mall around here. I think traffic already sucks pretty bad in that area. Watch the video, wouldn't those electronic billboards cause some more traffic problems?

http://thepointatsay....com/index.html

On the plus side, it will bring construction jobs and then retail jobs. It would be nice having a Bass Pro Shop pretty close.

http://sub.gmnews.co...jor_tenant.html

I saw that about 2 years ago. I also noticed a new for sale sign on the amboy theatre. I wouldn'y hold my breath on this one.

I would.. theyve been excavating and grading that area for almost a year now. Im sure its still a ways out but its approved through the town/county and site work is already underway on the mall side (southbound parkway side)

*edit*

On a side note, this thing is going to be MASSIVE. Id like the idea of seeing something so state of the art being built, but it will certainly bring as many problems as it will bring jobs and an economical boost to that section of the county. Cant wait for that first car or van to go careening off the roadway after the distraction of a wall of electronic billboards hits them in the face.

Wow, that's some presentation. i can see investors and retailers salivating already.

This general area is going to be one big mall someday.

The Mahwah Crossroads is raising a big ruckus up by me and being met with a bit of opposition too, but local administrators have already given it their seal of approval. Slated for the land where the old Ford plant used to be, it's situated only 12 miles north of the malls in Paramus, 12 miles west of the Palisades Center in Nyack and 18 miles south of the Woodbury Common Outlets. Certainly not as big as The Point, but lying at the intersection of 287 and Rt. 17, this will only add more havoc to traffic in that area.

http://www.mahwahcro....com/index.html

I'm ready to Have a Bass Pro Shop in my town, might not like the added traffic, but I travel off hours anyway.

As said, they have been doing prep work for about a year now, so I guess it's going to happen but will still wait and see what the finished project looks like, I have a feeling it will change between now and then.

Now you would think that with the added revenue the town would be taking in my Property taxes might go down, won't be holding my breath on that though.. lol

Man, as ex-Sayreville resident, I feel bad for all the people that live right near that area... The noise and traffic from all the cars that will be going to this place and light pollution from all those signs that they will get will be horrendous. It would be enough to make me want to move out of that area (thank God I did that almost 10 yrs ago!)

Yea Tony, I'm thinking that same, added traffic, but I have a feeling it may be a little more limited to Main Street Extension area. Just hope they make another entrance exit to the Parkway and 1&9 to keep traffic local to the area. Sure know there isn't enough room to make Main street headed towards Washington after the Main Street Extension, so will see. Hate me have my 20-25 minute commute messed up.

Can any one say "Xanadu South"

As a "Central Jerseyean" I take offense to that comment :)

It will undoubtedly bring more traffic to local roads and highways, but at least theyll be able to run an exit ramp from the parkway eliminating the congestion from at least the people traveling from further distances.

Built right where that bright green pond is on the southbound end of the Driscoll bridge. Don't know how much pollution is left from that old chemical/paint plant but the color has been like that for as long as I can remember? Hey, as long as they put that Bass Pro Shop there, I'm good with it.

One of my favorites was the 30 minutes to Manhattan, When 3 AM?

Fortunately, most of my work is South of the bridge, so I might like the idea of a Bass Pro Shop like 15 minutes away. Fishing is my other favorite pastime.

As long as they don't bring in the crack head who designed the Xanadu abortion, I think they have a chance.