XDJohnTact

Range 14 Questions Shotgun capacity?

My buddy was shooting over at Range 14 the other day and had his Hi Point 995 and brand new Mossberg 500. When he was all done and putting everything away, one of the ROs came over and was questioning him about the shotgun. The RO was trying to tell him that he had to have the "plug" in the magazine when shooting at the range. He said he thought that was only while hunting? Then the RO took him inside and was on the web trying to find out a definitive answer, but could not find any.

I told him that as far as I knew, the mag limiter was only required while hunting in Jersey, not while sport/skeet/target shooting?

One would think that a RO would know these things?

When shooting certain shotgun sports like Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, 5-Stand, you only load for the amount of targets you will be shooting at.

Now, if you are just blasting-away at paper, steel, the dirt, etc.... in an open pit for example, there is usually no limit to what you can load in the gun. How is a 6/8 round shotgun different than a 10 round rifle or 15 round handgun?

Maybe they have their own rules at that range which is certainly possible.

RO needs to pulled aside and schooled on the laws from what it sounds like.

it's R-14 what do you expect..There have been a few cases of RO's calling the DOD police trying to jam people up even though their firearm was 1000% Compliant..just "Looked Bad"

it's R-14 what do you expect..There have been a few cases of RO's calling the DOD police trying to jam people up even though their firearm was 1000% Compliant..just "Looked Bad"

Wow, that is disturbing!

Seriously? Those Dudley do-right snitches need to get their teeth kicked in.

I could understand that reaction if somebody showed up to the range with an RPG-7 rocket launcher or a machinegun, though. LOL.

Seriously? Those Dudley do-right snitches need to get their teeth kicked in.

I could understand that reaction if somebody showed up to the range with an RPG-7 rocket launcher or a machinegun, though. LOL.

A member of this board had the police called on him when he showed up with an NJ legal 1919...

A member of this board had the police called on him when he showed up with an NJ legal 1919...

Yep reason for the sign that said no tripod mounted gun's..HAHAHAHA...

Hey you only one round per second.HAHAHAHA..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1919+machine+gun&mid=4F10B09AF73981602BC64F10B09AF73981602BC6&view=detail&FORM=VIRE7

Is R14 that bad? I just went there for the first time a few weeks ago and had a good time..

What else has happened?

It is fine for the sporadic shooter and is the most economical solution. If I shot often I would be looking for a club to join to avoid the hassle (I did just that).

I went to the R-14 pistol range for the first time last Friday. And shot my new Rock ISland 1911 Match for the first time.

I had no problem with any of their rules or enforcement--so far. I heard the RO call people out several times for not having the right flag out, going to shooting station during cease-fire, and having targets too close; but those are the range's rules and they are in writing. Sounds like there may be capricious enforecement of unwritten rules, but I did not have any such issue on my one trip.

I liked the range, the price is great, and it is very close to my home. I think I can put up with some flack if I have to.

Is R14 that bad? I just went there for the first time a few weeks ago and had a good time..

What else has happened?

I took my son to CJRPC for the first time on Saturday. After about an hour of shooting he said to me, "Ya' know, I never realized how bad Range 14 sucked until today."

Yes. They are really bad.

I went to range 14 about a month ago and brought my own target backers. Made from angle iron and 3/8 inch plywood. They told me that I couldn't use them cause it was too thick. I was told that it had to be luan or paneling, when I ask why I was told that is the rules and the guy was really rude about how he said it. So I was forced to buy one of their targets.