tblant

Any MMA Fans?

I am debating on going. When the UFC was in Philly i bought tickets the day of on Craigslist and got super lucky. I paid $600 total for 2 tickets with the face value of $750 each. I took my now wife and our seats were center ring 1st row on the floor. We sat right behind ESPN Desportes, got to meet a couple fighters and had some pictures taken with Dana White. Only reason i bought the tickets was because we were getting married the following month and i figured it was a gift to ourselves considering how much i saved for that frigging wedding.

I am a huge MMA "Junkie", the main card on Fox is stacked...As much as I like Miller, I think Diaz is going to take this one. Both have sick Jits so I think this fight will be predominately on the feet and I think Diaz' style will prove the difference.

I have been involved in MMA and other martial arts for several years now.. in the past few years I got away from sport fighting and focused more on combat style fighting.. I actually run my old schools website.. nothing super impressive website wise.. but will give you an idea of the mma side...

www.acmfs.com

I'm a huge fan, for this upcoming main card my predictions are:

Pat Barry vs.Lavar Johnson - Johnson

Rousimar Palhares vs. Alan Belcher - Palhares

Josh Koscheck vs. Johny Hendricks - Koscheck

Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller - Diaz

Looks like a good card. I have to say I am picking Diaz too.

Vlad - that looks decent :) I also do BJJ and Krav Maga . Not as much Krav Maga in the last 5 years since I had 3 kids in that time period and the school is in NYC, but I will get back to it as my littlest rugrat gets older. The BJJ is local so I do keep up with it. Did some competition in Grapplers Quest. I don't think I'll do that again until they have enough women to break it into age groups. I got sandbagged by a 19 year old Lehigh University wresting champ in No Gi. I was 40 . PAAASSSS! lol

Pete is a 3rd degree black belt in Krav Maga , a brown belt in Judo , and has won several All Ireland Judo Championships .

So yeah , MMA is on in our house.

Funny , my daughter likes it and I keep getting these pamphlets from school about keeping UFC off primetime. lol

Looks like a good card. I have to say I am picking Diaz too. Vlad - that looks decent :) I also do BJJ and Krav Maga . Not as much Krav Maga in the last 5 years since I had 3 kids in that time period and the school is in NYC, but I will get back to it as my littlest rugrat gets older. The BJJ is local so I do keep up with it. Did some competition in Grapplers Quest. I don't think I'll do that again until they have enough women to break it into age groups. I got sandbagged by a 19 year old Lehigh University wresting champ in No Gi. I was 40 . PAAASSSS! lol Pete is a 3rd degree black belt in Krav Maga , a brown belt in Judo , and has won several All Ireland Judo Championships . So yeah , MMA is on in our house. Funny , my daughter likes it and I keep getting these pamphlets from school about keeping UFC off primetime. lol

I used to really like MMA.. but the UFC just got completely out of control.. I was paying like $50? for like 4 fights (on a good night) and that is just ridiculous.. I am all for a company making money.. but it was just too rich for my liking... further some of the matchups were just plain silly.. also at around the same time I had really fallen in love with combatives real world fighting.. which made a focus on sport fighting even harder to maintain.. but even with that said.. for free.. I will likely watch it.. lol

I'll never watch anything by UFC after they banned the fighters from displaying firearm related sponsors.

The reason the UFC banned firearm related sponorships from the fighters is because of their major sponsors such as Harley, Bud Light and a couple others.

I got really lucky today/tonight. I decided the wife and i were gonna go to the fights today around 4pm. Bought 2 tickets off of ebay for $59 total, they were in sec 234 row 5 which was center cage and technically row 1 for that section. Face value for the tickets with fees was over $90 each.

I order just about every ppv if i am home and if i miss a live event i might watch it the next day using some internet resources. Back in 2000-2001 i trained in BBJ and Mauy Thai so i really enjoy watching the technical aspect of the sport.

The reason the UFC banned firearm related sponorships from the fighters is because of their major sponsors such as Harley, Bud Light and a couple others.

And that is supposed to change what for me?

I should let Harley and Bud know that I am campaining against them as well now?

And that is supposed to change what for me?

I should let Harley and Bud know that I am campaining against them as well now?

So how did you let UFC know that you were campaigning against them?

I caught the Koscheck-Hendricks fight and the Miller-Diaz fight and both were quality fights. Better than the Evans-Jones fight the week before. Championship matches keep turning into survival matches and are boring as all hell now.

So last night when i was sitting there with my wife i wished i actually didn't attend the fights. I have no respect for people that have no clue or respect for mixed martial arts. If you want to watch NHB (no holds bar) fighting watch youtube or bum fights online or in Lakewood. If you could make an extra 250k+ by not getting caught by a hay maker from your opponent i am pretty sure you would fight safe.

Wound up having really amazing seats.

post-4771-133632785945_thumb.jpg

Good night of fights.

Rich

Rich what section were you in and if you don't mind what the seat cost you? I had the chance to pay $200 for a front row seat but with the wife that would have been $400 so i went with the $59 option lol.

it actually was not the other sponsers it was a Fox requirement.

I stand corrected i actually read mmajunkie and cagepotato everyday as they are part of my homepage tabs with chrome. I thought UFC banned the gun affiliation before the FOX deal but remember now that was a long time coming. My brother in law's father in law is a high up in Fox.

So how did you let UFC know that you were campaigning against them?

So last night when i was sitting there with my wife i wished i actually didn't attend the fights. I have no respect for people that have no clue or respect for mixed martial arts. If you want to watch NHB (no holds bar) fighting watch youtube or bum fights online or in Lakewood. If you could make an extra 250k+ by not getting caught by a hay maker from your opponent i am pretty sure you would fight safe.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of defensive fights but if it's going to be defensive I'd prefer to see it go to wrestling or jujitsu. GSP on the ground is a thing of beauty to watch. But watching the two supposed best fighters in the world for that division (Evans and Jones) dance around in circles for 25 minutes isn't entertaining.

The Koscheck-Hendricks fight is a great example of a really REALLY good fight that just went to decision, even though I'd prefer to see a TKO/submission rather than decision. Both guys were throwing solid punches that were connecting but both had granite chins. As Hendricks said, Koscheck is a tough guy, and he couldn't knock him out. I love Koscheck's fight (even if he is a total d-bag). Regardless, I was on the edge of my seat for that entire fight (literally).

I've heard on and off things about the people who actually go to fights. Some love the sport, others just want to see people get knocked out. I'd rather just get the PPV. You get a camera angle from 10 feet away, vs. watching ants fight from the upper level.

Rich what section were you in and if you don't mind what the seat cost you? I had the chance to pay $200 for a front row seat but with the wife that would have been $400 so i went with the $59 option lol.

Section 1 cwc, row 1, seat 3

Face was around $250. I went for free because my friend had an extra ticket after his client dropped out last minute. Paid $25 for parking but food and drink were covered.

Rich

I used to really like MMA.. but the UFC just got completely out of control.. I was paying like $50? for like 4 fights (on a good night) and that is just ridiculous.. I am all for a company making money.. but it was just too rich for my liking... further some of the matchups were just plain silly.. also at around the same time I had really fallen in love with combatives real world fighting.. which made a focus on sport fighting even harder to maintain.. but even with that said.. for free.. I will likely watch it.. lol

They have also imposed draconian rules on the fighters ( about making money from their own likeness outside of the UFC to give an example) , and use money to strongarm other up and coming organizations from hosting MMA.

We are more combatives/real world oriented as well. I find the BJJ to be a nice compliment ..a lot of the gi chokes/submissions and holds translate to an attacker with a jacket on..and any gi choke becomes brutal if you use somebody 's t shirt collar to do it. Ouch , to say the least.

The early UFCs were the best. True style against style. Totally outed TKD .. showed the holes in other traditional arts when applied to a real street fight where your opponent is using the same material you are ( i.e , predictable)