Lalo

North Jersey Clay Target Gun CLub - Trap Shooting

Imagine how much older the old farts have gotten since this thread was started  :laugh:

I found them neither grumpy nor unhelpful. After I finished a round one guy asked if he could give me some tips. Since I barely know what i'm doing a listened to every word and hit 6 more targets on my next round.

• Like 1

Was looking to go there too, I actually went there twice, once with friends and second time took a lesson from John T. My friends don't have shotguns so I forced to go to Thunder Mountain but if someone arranges a meeting there I would definitely be interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2012 at 7:51 PM, Parker said:

I shot here occasionally on weekends many years ago back in the seventies and eighties, when it was nothing more than a plowed patch of dirt in the middle of a field. Many of the shooters then were from the town and these same residents were also members of the hunt club that had hunting rights to that property along Rt. 80. I worked only a half-mile away, but at the time their hours and times were very limited. My company (TRW) had a trap club, and we shot in a trap league every Thursday night a little further west at a nice club called Troy Meadows. Fairfield had a team and I remember shooting against them in our league. (The Northern Zone ATA State shoots were held at Troy Meadows years ago.) The DEP/state closed down Troy Meadows some time ago because it was along watershed property and they were concerned about lead contamination.

I also shot on the TRW Trap Team back in about 1981, I remember the deer feeding in front of the trap houses under the lights as we shot. Parker, which of the other 4 team members were you?

Mel