Targetpractice

picked up an ak47 at a gun show. whats it worth?

hey guys i went to a gun show today. i picked up an ak47 model sa 85m. made in hungary. has feg stamped on the side. its made by kbi inc. some of the things i read about them say that its a post ban gun which is no longer imported into the usa. alot of what i read also says that they are one of the best if not the best stamped ak you can buy. what do you think this is worth?

post-4598-0-04012000-1336259677_thumb.jpg

post-4598-0-12218300-1336259689_thumb.jpg

15 years in Rahway State Prison, if its an Avtomat Kalashnikov stamped rifle

Ahem, its East Jersey State Prison, thank you very much. I grew up a town over in Woodbridge , and they haven't called it Rahway State Prison is many many moons. Are you from the area?

Ahem, its East Jersey State Prison, thank you very much. I grew up a town over in Woodbridge , and they haven't called it Rahway State Prison is many many moons. Are you from the area?

I've lived in the Colonia/Woodbridge are for the last 26 years or so and I still call it Rahway prison.

To us old pharts it will always be Rahway State Prison, just like Reingold Beer was made in Orange, Trenton State will always be Trenton State and NCE will always be NCE.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/993981414/Guns/Rifles/AK-47-Rifles/Full-Stock/HUNGARIAN_SA_85M_7_62X39_FE.htm

Post ban AK47 from.what I found .online. here is one for sale, only company that makes a variant is kbi also from.what I found....ummmmm Idk buddy unless its a variant from what I read they ar AK by name and on the banned list.

http://www.gunsameri..._7_62X39_FE.htm

Post ban AK47 from.what I found .online. here is one for sale, only company that makes a variant is kbi also from.what I found....ummmmm Idk buddy unless its a variant from what I read they ar AK by name and on the banned list.

mine is a kbi. im pretty sure its a variant

Its not an AK47...its a SA 85M....totally legal....even has a thumbhole stock...which eliminates the pistol grip allowing for another evil feature.

I beg to differ.... NJ does not define "thumbhole stock"

they do however define pistol grip.. and that sure looks like a pistol grip to me..

"Pistol grip" means a well defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes

conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the firearm to be held and fired

with one hand.

I beg to differ.... NJ does not define "thumbhole stock"

they do however define pistol grip.. and that sure looks like a pistol grip to me..

yes but im pretty sure pistol grip is perfectly legal if the stock is not adjustable. all of the ars i see here have pistol grips but fixed stocks. when you buy an ar in nj with adjustable stock, they pin it so that it isnt adjustable anymore but it still has the pistol grip

yes but im pretty sure pistol grip is perfectly legal if the stock is not adjustable. all of the ars i see here have pistol grips but fixed stocks. when you buy an ar in nj with adjustable stock, they pin it so that it isnt adjustable anymore but it still has the pistol grip

Ar has 2 evil features, a pistol grip and a detachable magazine. Stocks are pinned when u see them in this forum so they cannot collapse. Sure. Some one will jump in with the statute

Funny thing about thumb through stocks is... Several ffls I have spoke to will order a saiga 12 and install one on.it since "its legal" I haven't gone foward yet, kinda feel its illegal

thumbhole has got to be legal if a full out pistol grip is. every ar and ak i see in nj has a pistol grip with fixed or pinned stock. nj law only will allow you to have an adjustable stock and pistol grip if its a pump shotgun. otherwise stock has to be fixed/pinned. this gun is legal. no flash suppressor, fixed stock, 5rd mags. if you say its ilegal post the link that says it isnt. everything else is here say. beside this thread is meant to find out value not if its legal or not. there is no doubt in my mind its legal. my brother was with me when i bought it and he is a cop

Maybe you guys should stop flaming on him when all he asked was what it would be worth, not whether it's legal or illegal.

I will say it looks legal though, there is only 1 'e' feature on it.

Oh, and I wouldn't rely on your brother being a cop as a legitimate reason as to whether it's legal or not though. A lot of cops don't know much about firearms, especially legalities of firearms. Just saying..

Maybe you guys should stop flaming on him when all he asked was what it would be worth, not whether it's legal or illegal.

Oh, and I wouldn't rely on your brother being a cop as a legitimate reason as to whether it's legal or not though. A lot of cops don't know much about firearms, especially legalities of firearms. Just saying..

thanks man. all i was trying to do is find out what it was worth. i do rely on my brother on being a reliable source though because he is very savy around guns and gun laws. ive had him look up stuff in the statutes before. when he isnt sure about something i call my range and they said everything is legal on this also.

thumbhole has got to be legal if a full out pistol grip is. every ar and ak i see in nj has a pistol grip with fixed or pinned stock. nj law only will allow you to have an adjustable stock and pistol grip if its a pump shotgun. otherwise stock has to be fixed/pinned. this gun is legal. no flash suppressor, fixed stock, 5rd mags. if you say its ilegal post the link that says it isnt. everything else is here say. beside this thread is meant to find out value not if its legal or not. there is no doubt in my mind its legal. my brother was with me when i bought it and he is a cop

you do not understand the law.. the individual feature is not illegal.. it is an excessive combination of features that creates an illegal gun..

I suggest you read the NJ gun law faqs under the NJ gun law section..

not flaming.. educating..

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

Click that link and scroll down to page 4 or 5, it will have the law on what an assault rifle is. A rifle that can accept detachable magazines and has at least 2 of the following: blah blah blah.

Not to sound rude but I would not trust your local range either. It's surprising how much ranges or gun shops don't know when it comes to firearm legalities. And when they don't know, they usually start talking out of their rear ends.