Targetpractice

picked up an ak47 at a gun show. whats it worth?

This post is giving me an opportunity to express a feeling that I’ve had many times in the past about our beloved NJ Gun Forum.

Can I say this… jcpg has it right! Only thing I don’t agree with is… that he believes it is specific to the “XX variant” section of the forum. That I don’t agree with. It’s the entire forum really.

I rarely post at the forum for the exact reason jcpg describes in his comment. It’s disgusting actually. You can’t ask a question without someone chiming in with some ridiculous nonsense or just being immature and treating someone like an idiot. It's crazy.

But then again I’m from NJ my whole life… it’s par for the course. It’s just the way it is here in the armpit of the universe. Not only with guns but with everything! To say I’m used to it would probably be the understatement of the century. But it definitely doesn’t make it right.

When I finally have the opportunity to move to Bucks County… it goes without saying... there will NEVER be a reason to visit the NJ Gun Forum again! Thank God!

This post is giving me an opportunity to express a feeling that I’ve had many times in the past about our beloved NJ Gun Forum.

Can I say this… jcpg has it right! Only thing I don’t agree with is… that he believes it is specific to the “XX variant” section of the forum. That I don’t agree with. It’s the entire forum really.

I rarely post at the forum for the exact reason jcpg describes in his comment. It’s disgusting actually. You can’t ask a question without someone chiming in with some ridiculous nonsense or just being immature and treating someone like an idiot. It's crazy.

But then again I’m from NJ my whole life… it’s par for the course. It’s just the way it is here in the armpit of the universe. Not only with guns but with everything! To say I’m used to it would probably be the understatement of the century. But it definitely doesn’t make it right.

When I finally have the opportunity to move to Bucks County… it goes without saying... there will NEVER be a reason to visit the NJ Gun Forum again! Thank God!

While I can see it as a turn off, especially to a new person to the forum, but that is one of the reasons to really have a look around, hit the section that you may have a question about and see if it has been asked before and you may find your own answer.

The problem is, and yes it is a problem but not as big as some may make it out to be and that's that same topic that a 4 or 5 page just went dormant and here comes someone who doesn't look around and asked the same exact question, and keep in mind, some of these topics are not a one time thing, they are repeated over and over and over and over and over, get the picture.

Now I take 2 views on this, first it's from the member who has been around for a little while, it gets old, now looking at it from a new person to the forum, well if they ask, or someone else asks that question, well it's bumped to the top and hopefully read before someone asks the same question in another thread.

Here is a really good thing to do when ever you go to a new forum, look around, get a feel for how things are, read, try and catch up. Now I joined at the end of 2010 and I probably spent most of my time reading and it was probably a few months before I really started posting. Back them there wasn't as much information and number of threads as there are today, but I read ever single thread ever posted, I have down time when I am at work to do this so I had an advantage there. Do I expect everyone to be able to do that, not at all, if you can great, if not, at least do a search for what question you are about to ask if you don't see it right away.

Just a few ideas and comments.

Also had to edit it to add, your last comment wasn't really needed, it really not like anyone is forcing you to come here.

what attitude do you see?

I have been in PA for a while now and still frequent the site.. you know why? I have a love for firearms and the shooting community.. I think your statement is one of great generalization and if you really feel that way.. you should probably just leave..

Frequent any other forum and you will see the same thing, it's not just on here.

Just saying...