Steve_G

.22 LR Carbine - Which One?

I was thinking about picking up an M&P 15/22. While checking them out on-line, I came across the Sig 522. Anyone have experience with these two? I'm looking for light and reliable. The M&P is of course familiar but, the Sig takes the Blackdog 15 round mags. Trying to decide which is the better buy. Or, should I just pick up a .22 LR dedicated upper? (which would lead to a dedicated lower). :dontknow:

I don't know if it's NJ legal but I've been looking at a HK MP5 22

may or may not qualify as a pistol

looks like the barrel is at least 16" but the stock is retractable....get a FFL to pin the stock maybe.....get low capacity mags maybe.

It's going to take some work for a gunsmith to make this one legal...

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=285179717

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=284264475

I have somewhere north of 2-3k rounds of Federal Bulk through my 15-22 without a single failure, and without being cleaned. I removed the upper yesterday for shits and giggles and there is literally a pile of dust and crap inside the lower, and this thing still performs like a champ. Add in how easy to clean it is, all the aftermarket goodies, and relative ease of obtaining 15rd mags.... You can't beat it.

I have somewhere north of 2-3k rounds of Federal Bulk through my 15-22 without a single failure, and without being cleaned. I removed the upper yesterday for shits and giggles and there is literally a pile of dust and crap inside the lower, and this thing still performs like a champ. Add in how easy to clean it is, all the aftermarket goodies, and relative ease of obtaining 15rd mags.... You can't beat it.

OK. That was my original choice so could you point me to the 15 rounders? Also, the fixed stock is it removable like an AR? I would like a CTR if possible.

Definitely give the 15-22 a good look. I have one and really like it. It eats everything and is very accurate. The tube is not removable like an AR but the stock should be able to be replaced. You would just have to drive out the pin and pin in the new one.

The GSG was fun, the novelty kind of wore off but I will say I enjoyed it for the length of time I owned it. If they could just fix the clamshell design of it....

It seems like the 15-22 is really taking over though. I never thought I would like one, or an AR nonetheless, but I asked a guy at the range if I could shoot his and I put a couple mags through it. It was pretty damn fun haha. I may be in the market for one, especially since it's relatively light and would be perfect for my gf.

I've been having a blast with my 15-22! No problems with it at all. Frustrating that it has the 10 round mags though...you just go thru a full load too quick. Been using Federal 525 bulk from Cabelas.

@ j0n - where did you see the 15rd mags at? I've seen the short 10rd, but not 15.....

I went with the Ruger SR-22. Not an AR, but I didn't want one either. I really like the weight and feel of this gun. Uses the same mags as the 10/22 which is another reason I did it, I already have a 10/22 plus a lot of mags.