Sandy

Mossberg 590A1 - purchased :)

I looked low and high and found someone who had the exact model I had picked out after much deliberation over my last 2 days of research.

Shipping today is the 590A1 12 ga Mariner . I should have it next Wednesday :)

Question is ..I won't be using the factory stock . The LOP is too long. Since it is a brand new gun I want a brand new stock on it..which for me means adjustable .

So can someone recommend a nice good quality adjustable stock for it ? I have been pouring over reviews for the Kicklite and the Knoxx SpecOps..for the Knoxx it seems the people who complain about cheek bite are the ones who have it adjusted down into its shortest position so I won't go with that one. The Phoenix Kicklite though..I haven't seem anything negative about it . Does anyone have any experience with it?

I like the idea of recoil reducing..but if it does that at the expense of behaving funky elsewhere , I'll just take it on the shoulder with a good quality adjustable stock and decent butt pad combo.

I need a single point tactical sling and something to hold additional rounds ( for training) .

I looked low and high and found someone who had the exact model I had picked out after much deliberation over my last 2 days of research.

Shipping today is the 590A1 12 ga Mariner . I should have it next Wednesday :)

The "Mariner"? Is that like a Marine unit in stainless steel like Remington's 870 Marine Magnum?

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-marine-magnum.aspx

The "Mariner"? Is that like a Marine unit in stainless steel like Remington's 870 Marine Magnum?

http://www.remington...ine-magnum.aspx

Yes, it's very similar to that from the pictures I saw.

IPW, congratulations! Lots of luck with it. Is it for both of you, or are you going to get his and her's?

I have a 500, but those 590 a1's are really starting to call out to me. I have not bought anything in awhile, but I think I may break down soon.

Frank if you want to try it at the BH let me know! Will be doing GFH Urban Shotgun with it May 20th. Pete is looking at a Browning BPS Stalker. That is too big for me , so we may not be his and hers. :) I'll have him try my 590A1 before I swap out the stock though. I think a couple that shoots together should have at least one matching set :p

Get a milspec adapter for an adjustable stock and ar pistol grip.

http://www.mesatacti...index.php?id=55

I like this idea. There are a ton of great adjustable AR stocks out there. This gives you far more options than a shotgun specific stock.

I like this idea. There are a ton of great adjustable AR stocks out there. This gives you far more options than a shotgun specific stock.

Plus they make a recoil reducing buffer tube to.help with those magnum loads. My buddy has a 870 with the lep set up and recoil reducing buffer tube... 00 buck felt like.bird shot. Plus he he added a magpul stock to it made it look fierce. Although if I do.it I'm going with the troy warhammer stock... You should cheack it out

One important thing to consider if you're thinking about a pistol grip stock is that the safety will be very hard to use as it was intended. You have to compromise your firing grip quite a bit to deactivate the safety. A lot of people seem to have the attitude that it's a pump shotgun and that you don't need the safety anyway. I'm not one of those people, so pistol grip stocks and mossbergs don't go together IMHO.

Don't forget the short LOP Hogue stock we discussed in the other thread.

I ordered it

Plus they make a recoil reducing buffer tube to.help with those magnum loads. My buddy has a 870 with the lep set up and recoil reducing buffer tube... 00 buck felt like.bird shot. Plus he he added a magpul stock to it made it look fierce. Although if I do.it I'm going with the troy warhammer stock... You should cheack it out

I odered it with that recoil reduction feature

No, do NOT get this stock. Get the one we talked about (Hogue youth stock) awhile ago.

The youth stock is still a 13 inch LOP. I need a max of 11 " I have freakishly short arms. . I tried several youth tocks at the gun show. 13 inch me no reachy.

One important thing to consider if you're thinking about a pistol grip stock is that the safety will be very hard to use as it was intended. You have to compromise your firing grip quite a bit to deactivate the safety. A lot of people seem to have the attitude that it's a pump shotgun and that you don't need the safety anyway. I'm not one of those people, so pistol grip stocks and mossbergs don't go together IMHO.

Don't forget the short LOP Hogue stock we discussed in the other thread.

O ordered the LEO version which sits low , doesn't cover the safety , and still allows you to use bead sights. I do have seriously short T Rex arms :)

Nice Sandy, congratulations on the new Shotty, pic's when she (or is that he for a females gun) comes in..

I think it is a he....It has a pistol grip.

Is it just me or is IrishPete MIA?

He is playing mass effect III

Nice pickup on the shotgun...I'll have my 590 at the GFH Urban 1 as well.....but I think it's on 5/19, not on 5/20.

I'll double check that ! Thanks , see you there :)

I ordered the LEO version which sits low , doesn't cover the safety , and still allows you to use bead sights. I do have seriously short T Rex arms :)

I was referring to pistol grip stocks in general, and not that mesa models specifically. Either way, you'll see what I'm talking about once you install it :) Good luck!

I prefer my pistol grip and adjustable stock over a standard shotgun stock. Especially when.it comes to tactical loading, clearing corners, and shooting in general. Ipw if Ur ever in the ba or ss area u.can try my set up before u install Ur mesa set up

Will it cover the safety ? With the low version and the adapter , it claimed it didn't. I do want to be able to use the safety.

I'm guessing the youth stocks are meant for preteens or something. I'm barely 4 "11 ..junkmanted lopped my Ruger Mini 14 stock down to a 10 1/2 inch lop and it is perfect :) It was 13 1/2 ( the hogue youth is 13 1/2) . I had to tip the trigger with the very end of my finger and I could not reach the slide to rack it.

I'm kind of doomed with long guns unless it is a Cricket lol...the adjustable stock goes down to 11.25 inch ...then if Pete wants to use it he can extend it.

I prefer my pistol grip and adjustable stock over a standard shotgun stock. Especially when.it comes to tactical loading, clearing corners, and shooting in general. Ipw if Ur ever in the ba or ss area u.can try my set up before u install Ur mesa set up

Thanks ! I'll let you know . As we spoke before you know that my dad is in Brick . Do you ever go during the weekday ?

I got this one..will it mess with the safety?

http://www.nokick.co...cal%2093220.htm

Its not that it messes with the safety, it's that you can't reach it with your thumb. You'll have to reconfigure your hand to operate it.

You could take the standard stock that came on your shotty and cut it down to your preferred length.

I don't like the stock you chose, but that's just me.

No, it won't mess with the safety any more than any pistol grip stock will. Look at the picture, and then imagine yourself trying to disengage the safety. You have to break your firing grip to get your thumb (or some other finger) onto the safety. I imagine it's even more of a stretch for someone with small hands. It's do-able, but it certainly isn't fast.. which is why a lot of people with pistol gripped mossbergs just leave the safety in the fire position.

ETA: Ray beat me to it :)

Will it cover the safety ? With the low version and the adapter , it claimed it didn't. I do want to be able to use the safety.

I'm guessing the youth stocks are meant for preteens or something. I'm barely 4 "11 ..junkmanted lopped my Ruger Mini 14 stock down to a 10 1/2 inch lop and it is perfect :) It was 13 1/2 ( the hogue youth is 13 1/2) . I had to tip the trigger with the very end of my finger and I could not reach the slide to rack it.

I'm kind of doomed with long guns unless it is a Cricket lol...the adjustable stock goes down to 11.25 inch ...then if Pete wants to use it he can extend it.

Thanks ! I'll let you know . As we spoke before you know that my dad is in Brick . Do you ever go during the weekday ?

Monday and Wednesday normally my membership lapsed at ba, so I have to renew.it but by next Tuesday I should be renewed

Oh , I see what you mean with the safety. I could not reach the safety with my dominant hand on the Mossberg 500 with the regular non pistol grip stock, anyway. I tried a bunch at the show.

The thing with cutting down he stock is it gets to have a not so big butt plate to shoulder and none of the recoil pads fit it when you have to lop 2 or 3 inches off. You have to use hockey tape or something. With my Ruger Mini 14 I'm fine with a small hard butt plate. Not with a 12 gauge though , thanks. And I always had to use duct tape and blocks to reach pedals on various bicycles and big wheels . I'm 42 ...I don't want to rig hockey tape and limb saver pads on my gun. :)

Oh , I see what you mean with the safety. I could not reach the safety with my dominant hand on the Mossberg 500 with the regular non pistol grip stock, anyway. I tried a bunch at the show.

The thing with cutting down he stock is it gets to have a not so big butt plate to shoulder and none of the recoil pads fit it when you have to lop 2 or 3 inches off. You have to use hockey tape or something. With my Ruger Mini 14 I'm fine with a small hard butt plate. Not with a 12 gauge though , thanks. And I always had to use duct tape and blocks to reach pedals on various bicycles and big wheels . I'm 42 ...I don't want to rig hockey tape and limb saver pads on my gun. :)

Not trying be a jerk, but its a defensive shotgun. Cut the standard stock, get recoil pad and slip it over the hole. DONE. If you don't like it, oh well, your out a 10 dollar stock.

The recoil pad won't fit if you take more than an inch off the stock , especially a youth one .. Without hockey tape. Not trying to be a jerk :)

Maybe I can make something out of the gel inserts from a Victoria's Secret Miracle Bra and some duct tape :)

Not trying be a jerk, but its a defensive shotgun. Cut the standard stock, get recoil pad and slip it over the hole. DONE. If you don't like it, oh well, your out a 10 dollar stock.

The recoil pad won't fit if you take more than an inch off the stock , especially a youth one .. Without hockey tape. Not trying to be a jerk :)

Maybe I can make something out of the gel inserts from a Victoria's Secret Miracle Bra and some duct tape :)

The-cat-invasion-will-start-tomorrow-if-it-ever-comes-random-11353395-344-292.jpg