Sandy

Mossberg 590A1 - purchased :)

Magazine rack , bathroom?

You better be careful. He has a history of hitting on guys wifes and getting touchy feely. Now that Victoria Secret's brought up, he may start humping somebody's leg.....jus sayin.

The recoil pad won't fit if you take more than an inch off the stock , especially a youth one .. Without hockey tape. Not trying to be a jerk :)

Might be able to fit on a Limbsaver - maybe a Grindable one.

http://www.limbsaver.com/firearms/recoil.php#grind

No, do NOT get this stock. Get the one we talked about (Hogue youth stock) awhile ago.

+1 on the Hogue youth stock. I put one on my 590A1 and love it. I have tried adjustable pistol grip stocks and found that they do not work for me at all. The pistol grip just gets in my way.

DOHHH ! Where were you 2 pages ago ???? lol The Mesa is in route .Well , if I don't like the Mesa I 'll have these bookmarked. Thanks for finding it :) Heck , may order it just to have.

Fail

+ Ray Ray

The recoil pad won't fit if you take more than an inch off the stock , especially a youth one .. Without hockey tape. Not trying to be a jerk :)

Maybe I can make something out of the gel inserts from a Victoria's Secret Miracle Bra and some duct tape :)

Cut down a non youth stock. Get a slip on butt pad for a smaller gun. Viola. You can also get a grind to fit pad meant for a smaller gun.

I ordered the youth stock with the 11 3/4 pull . Once I put a recoil pad on it though it may still be too long. It sucks having arms this short. I tried a bunch of long guns at the show this weekend..even youth models are too long. I think youth versions of any serious guns are meant for 13 or 14 year old boys..most of whom tower over me and have way longer arms. On top of trigger issues I have trouble with reaching to rack a round. Unless it is one of those teeny guns for 6 year olds. Do they make tactical Cricket guns ?? lol

Also , since I have to cut so much off regular stocks , it winds up real small at the butt end. I would need to buy a grindable recoil pad and get it ground down below what it says the maximum grinding dimensions claim. The adjustable stocks go down to 10 inches ..then a good recoil pad will bring it to perfect LOP for me.

Not trying to be obtuse about stock options..if you ever met me you would understand lol I have a 27 inch reach in boxing terms. Think about it lol

I'll install the Mesa adjustable , see how I like it. If I don't like it I'll return it , and if I do like it I'll keep the youth stock anyway as an extra , maybe my kids will want to use it for something someday or I may want to switch for variety. I also have a Knoxx Breachers Pistol grip for it. My brother in PA has one on his 500 and says it keeps his hand from hurting , even with heavy loads. I did not actually mean to buy that Knoxx ..but it was in my Amazon cart for consideration from when brother recommended it..then I went to order something for my daughter and hit "one click order" and it shipped everything in my cart. So it lives here now.

Basically , I will have the factory black stock , the cruiser pistol grip that comes in the box with the gun , a black youth stock , a Mesa adjustable stock , and a Knoxx Breacher pistol grip.

You could say I have a lot of stock in this gun lol

I work late Tuesdays and Thursdays (get out at 6). Every other weekday I'm out at 3. Weekends are usually good but I like to get to the BH right when they open to avoid the line. I stopped there yesterday (mothers day) and it was empty. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll check my availability.

The gun I ordered gets here Wednesday , I HOPE to get to try it before I take Urban Shotgun Saturday ..but it looks like I will be letting the first round fly out of it at the training . Are you around Friday ?

On weekends when I don't have a GFH class , one of us is at the BH for the opening bell Saturday and Sunday :)

Damn, I'm so impressionable! I read this thread and went out and ordered a 590A1. I guess I had been thinking about it for awhile, because when I went back and re-read Mark's thread, I had posted something on there about wanting to get one. One could make a good case against having ghost rings on an HD shotgun, but I just love the way this one looks:

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/NEW/51517.jpg

It only holds six shots, but if the zombies attack, I can go to my 500, which holds 8 shots, or better, my AR.

You can get a +1 or a +2 on that model.

Ray, I thought you were complimenting my choice with your +1, until I realized you were talking about a mag tube extension. Thanks for that.

Sandy, I just took it a few weeks ago. I think you're going to like it. Hope you get your shotgun in time.

Hint for excelling in class: Get some dummy rounds and do a lot of practice reloading. (There are probably YouTube videos on how to do it.) Much of the issue with shotguns is keeping the thing fed.

Thanks Frank :) It arrives tomorrow at the FFL , doubt I'll get a range trip in before hand to try it out. Where is the best place local to Bergen Co to get shotgun ammo without way over paying? Don't have time to order it. I'll see about getting dummy rounds at the same time :)

Ray, I thought you were complimenting my choice with your +1, until I realized you were talking about a mag tube extension. Thanks for that.

Sandy, I just took it a few weeks ago. I think you're going to like it. Hope you get your shotgun in time.

Hint for excelling in class: Get some dummy rounds and do a lot of practice reloading. (There are probably YouTube videos on how to do it.) Much of the issue with shotguns is keeping the thing fed.

great choice in a defensive shotgun too, sorry

The gun I ordered gets here Wednesday , I HOPE to get to try it before I take Urban Shotgun Saturday ..but it looks like I will be letting the first round fly out of it at the training . Are you around Friday ?

On weekends when I don't have a GFH class , one of us is at the BH for the opening bell Saturday and Sunday :)

I should be able to do friday after work. Let me check and I'll get back to you

Props to being able to handle the 590. It's big, heavy, and long...most women would not be able to handle one, nonetheless shoot one.

Was this a serious post are a sexual joke?