Sandy

Mossberg 590A1 - purchased :)

Welll , there was one forum member who was nice enough to let me shoot his 590 at the BH this afternoon , and afterwards he installed my adjustable stock for me that I could not figure out. Thanks so much to him , he was a huge help , and I can wing the course tomorrow thanks to his efforts and time :)

Haha for once I was being serious and not trying to joke around. It came off pretty sexual but was not meant as that.

Oh okay

Pics of this damn shotty please!

I'll take some pics tonight . Shot it at GFH Urban Shotgun today . Awesome class ! Gun was a bit heavy for me but once I learned how to manage it things went smoothly :) I felt zero recoil in my shoulder , even with slugs. The Mesa stoick did its job great . I think I'll lose the limb saver pad though. Too sticky on your clothes :/ Besides , the stock works well enough I doubt I need it .

I'll take some pics tonight . Shot it at GFH Urban Shotgun today . Awesome class ! Gun was a bit heavy for me but once I learned how to manage it things went smoothly :) I felt zero recoil in my shoulder , even with slugs. The Mesa stoick did its job great . I think I'll lose the limb saver pad though. Too sticky on your clothes :/ Besides , the stock works well enough I doubt I need it .

Can you give us a run down of the class? I was watching a 1 on 1 GFH shotgun class at Cedar Grove when I was doing a CT permit and it looked really fun

yes yes yes , ok lol

I had to finish editing and delivering 2 communion shoots that took up all of my memory cards ( I don't delete until all edits are done and archived on a remote server) . I can clear my card now , and take some pics.

yes yes yes , ok lol

I had to finish editing and delivering 2 communion shoots that took up all of my memory cards ( I don't delete until all edits are done and archived on a remote server) . I can clear my card now , and take some pics.

Post them in the tactical shotgun pics thread, thanks.

no , none at all. Because I got the low sitting LEO version , it does not cover it at all. You do have to rotate your hand slightly up off the pistol grip but I do not feel like it was a big deal. The only trouble I had with the safety was it was stiff and hard to push period , probably because it was new. Towards the end of the class the safety was much easier to manipulate and I was able to do it with my finger indexed above the trigger without any issue. I actually ( don't laugh) might switch the stock yet again. The lowest adjustable LOP is 11 1/2 inches. I can reach the trigger ok , but can only reach the very back of the foregrip ..with hand facing palm up for racking , and arm fully extended to reach like that, it makes it a little awkward . Other adjustable stocks go down to 9 1/2 inch pull . I mean , I managed..I just think it would be more comfortable for me if my weak arm/hand had a little bend in the elbow.

It did not. I would say we went through over 100 shells of Trap , Buck , and Slugs. It got very very warm , but not to the point where you would burn your hand. No way your average range outing would call for a heat shield either . Trade offs IMO - heavier barrel of the A1 version = much less recoil , barrel does not get to be scorching . Downside , weight. But hey , if a girl can shoot it for 4 hours I'm pretty sure your average guy can manage it :)

You got a deal :) I'll let you know. I liked your stock better funnily enough , and found I could reach the foregrip much better on it. And the recoil on yours did not bother me one bit either , even though you have the non recoil reducing one. Still waiting for that Hogue youth stock to come in too :)