Barms

ballpark prices for various 9mms..

Hello, i'm brand new here, i have a rimfire pistol but will eventually make the plunge to "real ammo".. :-)

I've googled around until i was exhausted trying to get pricing on guns to help make my decision (of course price is not the only thing, but frankly the difference between a $900 gun and a $550 gun has a big impact). My frustration with looking online aka budsgunshop is that there are so many features and options listed for inventory ("range kit", "tactical options"..etc) that i truly cant find the "basic price". For the list of weapons i have below (in 9mm) would one of you be so kind to list the 'ballpark" figure rounded to the give or take $50 or $100 please? So i'm looking for BASIC option, full size, NJ compliant.. and preferably pricing for a NJ store (internet is great, but frankly to save less than a hundred bucks i'd rather support a local business and have a relationship. Thank you so much! so if you say like "Sig $850, M&P $550"..etc etc.. that is all i need..

Smith Wesson M&P

Sig 229

XD

Walther PPQ

Berreta PX4

HK P30

in another thread we can get into pros/cons of each, but right now i just want to limit it to price.. Muchas Gracias..

Hello, i'm brand new here, i have a rimfire pistol but will eventually make the plunge to "real ammo".. :-)

I've googled around until i was exhausted trying to get pricing on guns to help make my decision (of course price is not the only thing, but frankly the difference between a $900 gun and a $550 gun has a big impact). My frustration with looking online aka budsgunshop is that there are so many features and options listed for inventory ("range kit", "tactical options"..etc) that i truly cant find the "basic price". For the list of weapons i have below (in 9mm) would one of you be so kind to list the 'ballpark" figure rounded to the give or take $50 or $100 please? So i'm looking for BASIC option, full size, NJ compliant.. and preferably pricing for a NJ store (internet is great, but frankly to save less than a hundred bucks i'd rather support a local business and have a relationship. Thank you so much! so if you say like "Sig $850, M&P $550"..etc etc.. that is all i need..

Smith Wesson M&P

Sig 229

XD

Walther PPQ

Berreta PX4

HK P30

in another thread we can get into pros/cons of each, but right now i just want to limit it to price.. Muchas Gracias..

You can get a new Sig 2022 for $475 at Shore Shot, it's a really good gun and the only Sig I have seen at such a low price.

Scig

The first thing you need to do is actually handle some pistols. 9mm is a great cartridge to step up to. You have a wide range and using price is not a good way to filter out guns. I suggest going to Shore Shot, or a place that rents handguns to get a feel of what you like and don't like. Once you find the gun you really like, then price shop.

oh let me clarify.. i'm not CHEAP at all.. i'm not against buying an $800 gun.. i know i will spend over $500.. i just want to know the Quality to Price ratio right off the bat.. trust me.. cheap is the last thing I am. i'm just frustrated i can't figure out pricing on the web there are too many options listed..

thanks..

Yes, go to gun shops with your FID & handle them. Feel the grip, the weight, the sights. and maybe go to ranges & rent some.

you definitively don't want to end up with a pistol you don't like & get stuck with.

My personal first 9mm choices would be:

92FS

P229 with SRT

Regarding prices, you should forget about pricing because you'll probably spend as much or more on ammo.

Ruger SR9. They usually run between $400-500. I also know that Shore Shot has one in their rental guns so not only can you get your hands on it but can fire it too. They have a number of 9mm for rent so you can try out a few different ones to better make your decision.

Do you have a plastic vs steel preference? Some folks insist on one versus the other. Some don't care.

If you want an all metal gun, your options are more limited if you buy new.

CZ 75B and variants (EAA) - $450-$550

Sigs 226 & 229 - $650 and up

I find CZ's to be a good value for the money

If you go polymer, your options open up a lot.

Striker fired - I find the S&W M&P line to be good value for the money.

Hammer fired - ditto for the FN FNP/FNX/FNS series guns

There are many more like Glocks and Rugers. I will let others comment on them.

hmmm... this is turning into an advice thread.. i was just looking for prices of each gun if you guys knew them off the top of your heads because trying to get prices online is very hard, and stores vary widely.. like when i was in RTSP he quoted me the EXACT price of a gun from the MSRP of the website of the manufacturer.. but deep down i know there are better deals than that in local stores..

Thanks for the wise advice i know you guys mean well about good values.. I've held or shot probaly half the guns listed above.. i'm not a total novice..i just wanted some info on prices of the ones i've listed because though i'm not a rookie to shooting.. i am a rookie to SHOPPING and i feel like a gun can range in price by over a hundred bucks from store to store..

thanks though... i like the website..

You can get a new Sig 2022 for $475 at Shore Shot, it's a really good gun and the only Sig I have seen at such a low price.

Scig

I've taken a few trips to shore shot in the last couple of weeks with my gf and she loves the 2022. Easy to shoot, light, and handles recoil well.

Of the guns on your list, the HK P30 is just outstanding. Once you pick one up you'll have a hard time putting it down. Heritage Guild rents the P30 (as well as the M&P, Sig, PPQ and others). I suggest getting some range time to make an informed decision.

BTW, add the CZ 75 SP-01 to your list. It's a $600 gun and is a great shooter.

Of the guns on your list, the HK P30 is just outstanding. Once you pick one up you'll have a hard time putting it down. Heritage Guild rents the P30 (as well as the M&P, Sig, PPQ and others). I suggest getting some range time to make an informed decision.

BTW, add the CZ 75 SP-01 to your list. It's a $600 gun and is a great shooter.

x2. P30 was my first handgun in Lem V2. Switched it to lem v1 and its smooth sailing. Pricey but you pay for the name. I hear the walther ppq is great also.

A great method for determining used handgun values is to use the "completed auctions" search feature on Gunbroker. It requires that you have an account(free to sign up), but is well worth spending the time to do it.

Like other people have said best to handle the pistols at a range and try them before you buy them.

CZ75BD 580

CZ75b Stainless 700

Beretta 92fs/M9 600/650

Para ordance GI 1911 500 or 600

Para Ordance Black ops 1100

HK p30 999

(recently looked at many different guns)

I maybe off some on the prices (not much) but all were from what i can remember from the tags.

Like other people have said best to handle the pistols at a range and try them before you buy them.

CZ75BD 580

CZ75b Stainless 700

Beretta 92fs/M9 600/650

Para ordance GI 1911 500 or 600

Para Ordance Black ops 1100

HK p30 999

(recently looked at many different guns)

I maybe off some on the prices (not much) but all were from what i can remember from the tags.

To me those all seem high. Are they from a local store. Rahway Firearm Guild?

To me those all seem high. Are they from a local store. Rahway Firearm Guild?

All over i was in the last few days shopping round efingers many other local gun shops and several other stores not really many places I would shop but to get my feel for the guns i've stopped in to them. Has for the guild i'm sure they are nice people in there but last time i walked in did some window shopping and had to walk out my wallet was feeling slightly anorexic. Majority of the prices i remember were on tag usually higher then what they would sell to you in non chain stores.

Effinger's and NJ FAG (that's a heck of an acronym :)) are both known for high prices. NJ FAG seems to have a better rep though around here.

Oh god, Efinger's is terrible. I won't step foot in the place anymore.

For the most part, most 9mm's from Glock, S&W, Walther, Springfield, Beretta etc, they seem to run $450-650. Once you get into Sig's, HK's, Kimber, to name a few, they bump up and start at the $800 range give or take.

Ron, the problem with Budsguns or other online dealers (for rookies like me) was that when i put in M&P 9mm like a dozen different options show up. such as "compact", "10 round", "15 round" "15 round +1", "tactical", "range kit".. etc etc etc etc.. and the prices vary a lot by the options and i don't know what half of them meant.... it was just overwhelming for a rookie to find out the BASIC price.. but the feedback above has helped me out a bunch.

Ron, the problem with Budsguns or other online dealers (for rookies like me) was that when i put in M&P 9mm like a dozen different options show up. such as "compact", "10 round", "15 round" "15 round +1", "tactical", "range kit".. etc etc etc etc.. and the prices vary a lot by the options and i don't know what half of them meant.... it was just overwhelming for a rookie to find out the BASIC price.. but the feedback above has helped me out a bunch.

Go to Smith & Wesson's website and compare the various models, then you can narrow down the choices. You will notice that S&W also provides a model number, like 109301. Use this number when you search on-line, this way you can compare like guns.