jonfoxx

Our presence even being felt at Staples!

I really want to try ppc next time around.

Beware: You thought the first steel match you shot was an eye-opener, wait 'till you try PPC!

It still annoys me and I still continue to do it, the 25 yard line kills me. :(

She was about 20, I am 44 and married for 20+ years, I could only think of dozens of other things that I would offer to do with her before shooting ever came to mind... :maninlove:
The being maried part means you have no excuse for thinking any thing else but taking her to the range preferably in some sort of group shoot, where us single guys can meet her. :D

When I get the "why" question my usual response is "its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." I find that the biggest objection I get to gun ownership is that it is just too dangerous to have a gun in the home, followed by guns are designed for only one thing -- to kill. People that raise those objections will usually dismiss the enjoyment of recreational shooting as not worth the cost.

I've also noticed more and more people coming around and expressing interest in applying for an FID. Problem is that the barriers are so high (having to take off from work to drop off the application at the PD) that people often don't get around to it.

IMHO the entire application process is DESIGNED to make it inconveinient to avail yourself the opportunity of firearms ownership. And to collect more "tax dollars" to exercise a right.......

When people ask me why I have a gun, I tell them it's for the same reason the police carry them - to protect myself. If they continue with something silly like "what are the chances you would ever need that" or "your just paranoid" I reply that my house is probably not going to burn down tonight either, but I still have smoke detectors. I've been driving for 20 years and can't remember the last time I had a flat, but I still make sure my car has a spare.

IMHO the entire application process is DESIGNED to make it inconveinient to avail yourself the opportunity of firearms ownership. And to collect more "tax dollars" to exercise a right.......

Yup

A guy I work with is going through this now. He wants his FID card and so on, but can't justify that for taking time off. I keep telling him he just needs to bite the bullet and do it.

When people ask me why I have a gun, I tell them it's for the same reason the police carry them - to protect myself. If they continue with something silly like "what are the chances you would ever need that" or "your just paranoid" I reply that my house is probably not going to burn down tonight either, but I still have smoke detectors. I've been driving for 20 years and can't remember the last time I had a flat, but I still make sure my car has a spare.

+1