vladtepes

AR is up and running..

I put together an AR.. ran it.. thought it was OK but chucked the rail because it was unneeded weight..

finally got the gun REALLY sighted in.. I am insanely satisfied with it.. first target is slow fire 3 shot group... second shot is a rapid fire 30 round mag.. both from a bench.. both shot with just the Aimpoint at 75 yards range... it worked WAY better than I expected.. the only additional part to come is a front sling attachment point..

AR15.com Lower

Magpul MOE + grip

Spike’s ST-T2 Buffer

Magpul CTR Stock

Magpul Pmag

Magpul MOE

Magpul Rail Section

Larue index clips

Troy Rear DOA BUIS

Aimpoint PRO

Haley Thorntail G2 Mount

Surefire G2 light

Magpul ASAP

Magpul MS3

Spikes Tactical Upper 1:7 Twist 5.56 Mid-Length Gas System 14.5in Barrel

Spikes Tactical Dyna Comp Muzzle Brake (Permanently Attached)

ar1.jpg

ar2.jpg

ar3.jpg

ar5.jpg

ar4.jpg

ar6.jpg

ar7.jpg

Very nice build! Have just started reading up on building my own AR from various sites (chiefly m4Carbine.net and AR15.com) and have been intrigued by the plethora of options available for a custom build. Still not sure whether I am going to go that route or grab a DD of some sort.

Very nice!

I've got a few questions for you....

Whose lower parts kit did you use to fill up the Spikes lower?

How do you llike that Haley/IWC light mount?

How is that Surefire G2 holding up to use on a weapon? It's not rated for that. I'm asking because I'd like to try the new P2X Fury (500 Lumens!!) on one of my AR's...in one of those Haley/IWC mounts.

Nice, gotten a chance to shoot it at night yet? WIth xm193 it makes some nice fireballs :icon_eek:

What did you have the reloader load up for ya?

I have not shot it in low light but want to really soon... I know I can shoot at dusk at my range.. but have not pushed for a full on night shoot...

I actually asked him to reload similar to xm193.. that is what I shoot out of the gun and have had great results... I really want to get the aimpoint dialed in so I can start working more on moving and shooting more...

Very nice build! Have just started reading up on building my own AR from various sites (chiefly m4Carbine.net and AR15.com) and have been intrigued by the plethora of options available for a custom build. Still not sure whether I am going to go that route or grab a DD of some sort.

thanks!

I plan to get 3 uppers for this gun total..

the one that is on it 14.5 (556) (the one that is on there)

a longer range one not sure what yet.. maybe 20in.. will likely be a free float rail.. bipod... and some kind of magnified scope...

then thinking some kind of sbr but might go 300 blackout...

the point of all that being that if you know what you are doing with the gun you can build the ideal gun...

Very nice!

I've got a few questions for you....

Whose lower parts kit did you use to fill up the Spikes lower?

How do you llike that Haley/IWC light mount?

How is that Surefire G2 holding up to use on a weapon? It's not rated for that. I'm asking because I'd like to try the new P2X Fury (500 Lumens!!) on one of my AR's...in one of those Haley/IWC mounts.

the lower kit was a "just laying around parts" lower kit lol.. I can not wait to see what the gun does with a GOOD trigger...

the haley mount is the best I have had... it is rock solid... and the G2 is fine.. especially just on a 556.. you know why it is not rated for that? because they want you to buy a "$400 weapon light" instead of a $50 G2.. but the haley mount is really great it allows for some much versatility..

I have not shot it in low light but want to really soon... I know I can shoot at dusk at my range.. but have not pushed for a full on night shoot...

I actually asked him to reload similar to xm193.. that is what I shoot out of the gun and have had great results... I really want to get the aimpoint dialed in so I can start working more on moving and shooting more...

Its fun to see, the Dynacomp is def not a flash hider, lol.

Crappy vid of my 14.5" w/ Dynacomp, first 3 rounds are 62gr Silver Bear, the rest are Federal xm193. The video doesnt really do the fireballs justice, they are alot more impressive in person

http://youtu.be/HZQtWpzy7VI

Hey vladtepes, how do you have this magnifier mounted? All the way at the front? What mount are you using? 3x?

I would love an aimpoint one but could not justify $500 on a magnifier...

the mount is all the way up front the magnifier itself is a vortex.. and the mount is from primary arms...

I was hitting center mass sized steel plates at close to 300 yards... so I am very pleased with it..

really happy with the vortex magnifier.. steel plate hits at about 275 yards..

arpa.jpg

From the first pic to this one, you changed the trigger.  I like the look of this one MUCH better!!  This is one sexy piece!!  Is the trigger for cosmetic or does it change any functionality...  either way what a great looking rifle

From the first pic to this one, you changed the trigger.  I like the look of this one MUCH better!!  This is one sexy piece!!  Is the trigger for cosmetic or does it change any functionality...  either way what a great looking rifle

night and day difference.. 

geissele SD enhanced... the trigger pull itself is really nice, but on top of that the flat face of the trigger is way better for me... as I feel like I don't have to curl in my trigger finger so much... trigger is very fast... love it so much I bought a second one... and plan on buying a 3rd.. 

what was ur 2nd choice for BUIS? would you keep Troy if u had other choices ?

happy with the troy ones.. they work fine.. and I actually like the diamond rear site.. 

they are pricey but seem solid.. 

the daniels defense front site on my SBR seems good also.. no issues.. 

night and day difference.. 

geissele SD enhanced... the trigger pull itself is really nice, but on top of that the flat face of the trigger is way better for me... as I feel like I don't have to curl in my trigger finger so much... trigger is very fast... love it so much I bought a second one... and plan on buying a 3rd.. 

To me it almost looks like a paintball gun trigger... lose the trigger guard extend it down another inch and two fingers throw lead down range!  I love the look it makes it stand out a little and its awesome that it has function too!! I will be looking into one for my first build!