BlueLineFish

Trying to decide(.22 pistol)

.22 pistol  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Well I am having a hard time deciding on a 22 pistol. I love the new colt but mags are expensive and out of stock everywhere. Looking at the new ruger 22/45. Will also consider a buckmark. Also have heard good things about the GSG. Need help.

Yea, way too much stuff out there for you to look through. Your best bet is to put them all on the short list, then pull a number out of a hat and move that one to the real short list. You'll wind up with all of them eventually.

Yea, way too much stuff out there for you to look through. Your best bet is to put them all on the short list, then pull a number out of a hat and move that one to the real short list. You'll wind up with all of them eventually.

Not all..maybe just 2. A 1911 variant and another type. The colt was the hands down winner until I discovered this mag issue of availability and price.

Not all..maybe just 2. A 1911 variant and another type. The colt was the hands down winner until I discovered this mag issue of availability and price.

I'm going to set a reminder to remind you of this post a year from now.

+1 Jon

Yea, rrriiiigggghhhhtttttt...

I'm going to set a reminder to remind you of this post a year from now.

I say it's less than a year if I was a betting man..

Lol...please don't. I hate being wrong

Just say Uncle now, would ya..

I have to say, that while I really liked the fit of the GSG, the Ruger MKiii Target was much,much more accurate. I tried both at ShoreShot before buying, and the difference in group size was very telling, even though the Ruger was so dirty that it was FTE'ing fairly regularly (that and the cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammo that was all they has available). If you are looking for a gun for accuracy, I'd recommend the Ruger Mark iii. I can't speak for the 22/45 though...

Didn't Jon have issues with his GSG?

Yes, and they were promply fixed by ATI.

He also had issues with his hk. Maybe he's just bad luck..lol

Only one of my HKs, and the issue is in the process of getting fixed, so suck it :p

I voted for the ruger. I like the Mark III better than the 22/45, simply because the 45 has a polymer frame, and that doesn't really work for me. Some of the target versions also feature a threaded barrel, which is a no-no in NJ if I understand correctly. I just got myself a Ruger Target Mark III Stainless. Wanted the hunter, but didn't feel like paying $200 extra.

I also shot the Mark II at shore shot, and yeah, it was dirty as hell and had problems loading and ejecting cases. I had so many problems, but damn if I didn't shoot more accurately than I ever had before in my life!