Vzguy

Best Shop for AR's

Finally decided on getting into the AR arena. I was wondering which are some good local shops that stock AR parts and whole AR's ? Leaning towards a Stag Model 3 for a complete unit. But have not really decided if I want to build one. Would be nice to shop around a bit.

Also does Cabelas have AR stuff on the shelves ?

Thanks in advance...

I would recommend Spikes Tactical down in Orlando area Florida. Give em a call tell them what you are looking for and they will build it for you (NJ compliant) at a reasonable price and one of the top tier AR's. Or go to PalmettoStateArmory or JSESurplus dot com and build your own and make it compliant yourself or bring it to a shop that does that. In NJ I would recommend Arms & Ammo,

the best option is to build it..

[/thread]

+1 for the lower at least

I bought a stag complete upper (I assembled the lower) and had them make it NJ compliant. Not only do they do it, they dont charge you extra. Spikes was quite a bit more to make it compliant.

+1 for the lower at least

I bought a stag complete upper (I assembled the lower) and had them make it NJ compliant. Not only do they do it, they dont charge you extra. Spikes was quite a bit more to make it compliant.

Did the exact same thing. Got the butt stock and entire upper from Stag already NJ compliant.

You can probably find completed "cookie cutter" AR's in just about any gun shop in your area. I know all of the local ones I've visited around Parsippany have had 5-10 AR's sitting on the shelf. Last time I went down to Shore Shot they were just refilling their display so it looked like they had 10+ but that was a month ago. I started buying my first completed AR off the shelf because I didn't know to much about them. Now that I'm familiar and comfortable with them, I'm going to build my next one from the ground up.

When you say build it, are you actually putting together the entire assembly? or gust buying a lower and adding the upper and a stock?

My first one I bought a stripped lower and a lower build kit, put that all together myself (including pinning the stock) then bought a complete upper and just ground the bayo lug off myself (its has a 14.5" barrel so the brake was already pinned and welded)

Now for my next one Im thinking about building the upper myself too, but not real sure yet.

Thanks for all the info. I am probably leaning on buying a complete unit, and then building the next one. I guess no one really stocks ar "parts" local. Most of the parts for the builds on here have been ordered online. I thought maybe a shop has parts in stock, I can eyeball. Sometimes it's hard to see stuff online and hate to order stuff I won't like.

Any know who stocks or order a Stag ar-15's? Preferably in north jersey ? Even PA ?

Thanks!

Chris at Bullseye Tactical on main street Woodbridge is a Stag dealer. He would be more than happy to order one up for you. His prices are good as well. I have a complete Stag upper on order right now with him...expect it any day as a matter of fact. I can also say that i currently own 2 Stag ars and the quality looks to be real good.

Thanks for all the info. I am probably leaning on buying a complete unit, and then building the next one. I guess no one really stocks ar "parts" local. Most of the parts for the builds on here have been ordered online. I thought maybe a shop has parts in stock, I can eyeball. Sometimes it's hard to see stuff online and hate to order stuff I won't like.

Any know who stocks or order a Stag ar-15's? Preferably in north jersey ? Even PA ?

Thanks!

Heritage guild in branchburg had stags and other ar s. Maybe their rahway location has the same types in stock.

Haven't been to this one yet, but I like the show room pics:

http://www.advancedarms.com/

Chris is a great guy. I have two RRA lowers from him and one RRA Varmint upper.

As for parts for a build, gun shows (in PA) may be a good source. Used to be at least one smith (Tony, I believe) set-up when VF was still having shows. Had all kinds of parts. Haven't been to Oaks since VF shut down, but it would nake sense if he was there. Precision Arms also does SE PA gun shows and has AR parts.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• check with A-N-A he has a nice selection in stock...Paul is good people to deal with....

Beat me to it.....I drive almost 2 hours one way to use Paul's services, and i;ve never EVER regretted doing so.