njluger

Anyone find a lost Sig P228 in the Somerville area? Gun missing from NJSP Barracks

What next buyback? It probably disappeared in Trenton's most recent - already on the way to the smelter.

Think the NJSP might take a different look at "no questions ask" buybacks if one of their guns were to turn-up there?

Just sayin'

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I bet this guy took it from his locker

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan-sold-nypd-guns-support-drug-habit-prosecutors-article-1.1114064

How did this guy get past NYPD drug screening?????

Thats despicable. Hope he rots in jail. Unforgivable betrayal of fellow officers and the badge.

I can remember reading in the paper late 80;s or early 90's about 1000 guns missing from NYPD departments.. Not sure if that still goes on.. but this article says it does..

Bloomberg should start right at home,

heres one from feb..http://www.fbi.gov/n...n-federal-court

googling nypd missing guns is an endless trail...

doh!

Blueline, whats the usual discipline for losing one's firearm?

Really depends on the circumstances. Obviously lost is far different than stolen. Usually it results in a long " rip." As in unpaid leave and it could lead to termination in some circumstances...especially nowadays. That's why my duty weapon almost never leave my gun locker anymore except for qualifications. I had it out at a meet not to long ago shooting and the whole time it was away from my gun locker I was paranoid. I have enough other guns where I don't need to take that one

I can remember reading in the paper late 80;s or early 90's about 1000 guns missing from NYPD departments.. Not sure if that still goes on.. but this article says it does..

Bloomberg should start right at home,

heres one from feb..http://www.fbi.gov/n...n-federal-court

googling nypd missing guns is an endless trail...

It really aggravates me to see this. Total disgrace.

They just found the gun on top of a urinal in Dunkin Donuts :ph34r:

You laugh but that's almost exaclty what happened a few years ago when at luncheon for a retiring detective in Easton PA an officer left his H&K USP.40 on top of the TP holder at (I believe it was) Outback Steakhouse. When they went back to get it, guess what, it was gone... and nobody saw nothin'.

It probably happens a lot more often then you think. Probably they think of it before they leave the restaurant and have a "Phew, that was close moment". Not saying its right, but I bet it happens more often then it should.

When I was on duty with the National Guard at Newark Airport after 9/11 a cleaner came up to me with a H&K P-7 what the NJSP used to carry. He found it around the seats by a gate. The trooper had been sleeping at the gates and lost his sidearm and didn't even realize it. In the interests of cooperation I called my CO who called the Troopers boss and got the gun back to them. So this is nothing new.

TC