Cemeterys Gun Blob

Cap & Ball Forever

I don't have one yet but I am interested in buying one.

I'll PM when I can confirm a schedule.

Sounds great! This be be the BEST opportunity for you to shoot both a Remington and a Colt revolver (and 10 other black powder guns) without being responsible for cleaning them, lol! For only $20.00 it doesn't get any better than that, no matter how far you need to drive to get there!

Bring something to take notes, cause we'll have lots of information on what to buy, where to buy it, and what you NEED to have a safe and fun time with black powder guns. Even a cleaning class on site!

It will be hot that day, so bring along beverages, as there's NO water at the Range!

Dave

how late are you going? I'll have to bail at about 1

I'll be there BEFORE it starts @ 9:00 am, as I'm one of the Certified Instructors, and I'll be setting-up.

You should be able to get what you need in the 4 hours you plan to be there!

Do you know how to get to the Outdoor Range?

Dave

P.S.: Still need a PM with your name and cell phone!

thanks for the offer Dave are there any costs, I would be very intrested in this if I can make it

Haven't received a PM from you yet, so I'm unaware of your intentions about tomorrow's Class. Only $20.00 to fire (6) hand guns and (6) rifles: percussion, flintlock, and cap and ball revolvers will all be there, and we supply everything you need! Bring yer own eyes and ears though........

So please let me know if you're coming!

Dave

can't do this time i'm a A/C contractor, I'll be lucky to see my family this weekend. Will definitely try to make the next one. thanks again Dave.

O-K, let me know when you can come out to the range and we'll schedule something for you!

Enjoy the family! Before you know it, there in college and then move away!

To bulpup and Robot Hell:

Nice to see you both today! Hope that you enjoyed yourselves and got a lot outta it! It's always nice to infect someone with nice triggers and making some smoke with new found friends!

If you ever have any questions, just write here on the forum or send me a PM. Thanks again for visiting!

Dave

Cool Beans Guys! Remember any time you want to stop on by on the first and third Sundays, just let Lance know and he'll have everything you need to compete in our regular Match!

Glad you had a good time and hope to shoot again with you guys soon!

Dave

Smokin'

What were those cannons on your hip?

Left side is a Uberti Colt 3rd Model Dragoon: 45 grains of 3Fg Goex, wonder-wad and a .454 Hornady ball; chrono'd @ the speed of sound!

Right side is a Uberti Colt Walker, 9" barrel, 52 grains of 3Fg Goex, wonder-wad and a .454 Hornady ball; Chrono'd @ over 1,200 FPS and able to hit a set of Scott Air tanks @ 135 yards repeatedly (witnessed by Lance himself!).

God made Man, Sam Colt made them EQUAL,lol!

Dave

Any tips on how to keep the loading lever from dropping? I use 50g of FFg, and mine drops each and everytime.

Blob,

Any single one of these tricks or some in combination with each other will work:

1. Take a little "meat" off of the loading lever "latch" that's under the barrel, and adjust or bend this latch as seen in the Muzzleloading Forum.

2. Do what I do and just use a rubber band around the end of the gun. This always works by itself!

3. Tighten-up the loading lever screw just prior to carrying the gun to the firing line.

4. Use 40 grains or less of powder, and a couple more wonder-wads or COW under the balls to bring them up close to the chamber mouths for ultimate accuracy.

My Walker helped our Team to win the Pistol Team Novelty Match last Sunday! I really smacked them clay birds on the cardboard backers! The diskettes and CD's didn't stand too much of a chance either, lol! A great time was had by all of those who participated! Too bad you weren't there to get in on all of the fun Blob!

Dave

I'm picking up a used Uberti 1851 in a couple months($#@! OGAM) so will be looking for some like minded company. I'll look you up then Dave.

Just get it at Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair on the last weekend of the month. If you've never been to the Gunmaker's Fair, you're in for a REAL treat! $2.00 to park, free admission, great lemonade, lots of vendors, clothing, even our group, The Garden State Black Powder Association will have a booth there.

No permit needed--it's like buying a wrench from the hardware store......

Look me up any time! Was great to have shot with you and Glenn!

Dave