Cemeterys Gun Blob

Cap & Ball Forever

Picked up an Uberti clone of Colt's 1860 revolver recently.

Was finally able to get some trigger time with it this past weekend, all I did to with it so far was to swap out the stock nipples with Treso's which I got from Track of the Wolf. While working the revolver the way it should be worked, I did not experience a single cap jam (at home I tried a cylinder of caps on the stock nipples, and every one of them jammed while cocking after firing). And I didn't even fill the slot in the hammer with JB Weld.

All I have to do now is to adjust the Arbor, and I'll be able to rock and roll.

:sungum:

Congrats to YOU! My son has one out in Iowa. His is "stock" and so far no problems with cap jams.

Now you can come out and "play" with us! Is this your first, or do you have other Cap and Ball revolvers?

Did you get #10 or #11 Treso's?

Dave

Now you can come out and "play" with us! Is this your first, or do you have other Cap and Ball revolvers?

Did you get #10 or #11 Treso's?

Dave

I started with a pair of Old Army's, then got my hands on an Armi San Marco Walker last summer, and then the 1860 a few weeks back. I think my goal is to be the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball. Not sure what I want to get next. Maybe the McCollough 1860 that Cimarron has......depends on what the bank account says.

The folks at Track of the Wolf told me Treso's are made for #11's, but I have had no problem with #10 Remington's .

Does anyone stock them

In NJ?

I have always been interested in them but have never been able to see one in person at a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better to see em' makin' smoke in yer own hand, lol! So when can you show-up for a demo of a good time! OB is running a Noobie Class on Black Powder on 30 June, or you could just show-up at a regular League Match and have some fun makin' smoke!

So let me know and consider yourself invited!

Dave

Lame! How do you know which one feels right in your hand or has the best craftsmanship without smokin .50 inviting you out?

I might just go out there smoke. I really like the idea of a CB pistol but it seems there is only one replica maker in the game.

Lame! How do you know which one feels right in your hand or has the best craftsmanship without smokin .50 inviting you out?

I might just go out there smoke. I really like the idea of a CB pistol but it seems there is only one replica maker in the game.

Dixon's Muzzleloading in PA has some. Different models. Cabela's has some as well.

Actually there are two replica makers today, Uberti and Peitta. Both have their ups and downs, but Uberti is typically a little nicer. Cabela's sells all Pietta stuff from what I hear.

Cabela's does stock some Uberti's, typically the ones that Pietta doesn't manufacture, such as the Colt Walker, the 18" barreled 1858 New Model Army with butt stock, and a few others.

Their big claim to fame is brass '58's (which are going on sale) from Pietta. They sell them almost as a loss-leader to get you in the store!

And Bulpup, please give me a PM sometime so we can make arrangements with directions, etc.

Hopefully there are more hidden BP folks on this Forum! If you're reading this and thinking about finding-out more, just PM me and I'll fill you folks in!

Dave

I have an 1858 Uberti Remington that I absolutely love. It is very begginer friendly (easy to take down to every last pin & spring) and more accurate than the colts due to the fixed barrel & better sights. Shooting it indoors is a real hoot! The target below was shot 25 yards offhand.

6936ef00.jpg

BP2.jpg

Glenn,

I've seen you shoot that '58, and you do really well with it! With your young eyes you could handle a Colt as well I think! I finally got around to changing-out my nipples on my Uberti Colt Walker and resumed shotting in the 90's on a B-19 International Target (the one OB uses for their hand gun Matches). 52 grains of 3Fg and just concentrate so it's aimed the right way when the sear lets go and I'm back in the 90's again, HOOOORAAAAYYYYY!

We got to get together again......maybe you could come to OB for a visit???

Dave

I was going to buy the 1851, but the 1858 came with everything, powder measure, cleaning kit, cap thing, powder storage container, cleaning liquid, patches, balls, greese. everything except powder and caps.

Congrats on the new '58 and welcome to Cap and Ball shooting!

If you're interested in learning how to shoot that thing, we have a class at Old Bridge this Saturday, June 30th. Pistols of all types will be supplied, or you may bring your own. Rifles will also be taught. The classes are geared towards Beginners in Black Powder, and will dispell the myths as well as show you how to properly clean and re-aasemble the guns.

So let me know either here or with a PM to get the details!

Congrats again and I hope to see you makin' some smoke!

Dave

just got back from a trip to free america with a pietta 1858, looking foward to shooting it.

Explain ? You did the ffl transfer and everything? Do you have to do that? I was expecting it would have to be amiled to an ffl if I did that

but, wait. Maybe I havn't been paying attention- He says he just got back from a trip. Have I been missing something? Can I (NJ resident) take a trip to Cabella's, pick up a black powder revolver and take it home without a ffl getting involved?

Congrats on the new '58 and welcome to Cap and Ball shooting!

If you're interested in learning how to shoot that thing, we have a class at Old Bridge this Saturday, June 30th. Pistols of all types will be supplied, or you may bring your own. Rifles will also be taught. The classes are geared towards Beginners in Black Powder, and will dispell the myths as well as show you how to properly clean and re-aasemble the guns.

So let me know either here or with a PM to get the details!

Congrats again and I hope to see you makin' some smoke!

Dave

thanks for the offer Dave are there any costs, I would be very intrested in this if I can make it

I would love a cap and ball pistol civil war era looking but never shot with black powder. What's the prices and do i need a PPP and if i buy out of state does it news to be transferred to a NJ ffl

Any help will be appreciated

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the offer Dave are there any costs, I would be very intrested in this if I can make it

I'll check with the League Chairman, and get back to you. Our normal Non-Member rate for shooting an entire match is only $20.00.........

If you show-up to do this you'll get to play with a whole bunch of stuff: percussion rifle, percussion pistol, cap and ball, flintlock pistol, flintlock rifle, so in other words the entire ball of wax at your disposal, along with Cerified NRA Instructors to teach this beginner's class on black powder shooting.

So check your schedule, send me a PM with your contact info, including cell phone, and we'll try to get you registered for this! This Saturday, at Old Bridge Outdoor range, at 9:00 am Sharp!

Dave

I'll check with the League Chairman, and get back to you. Our normal Non-Member rate for shooting an entire match is only $20.00.........

If you show-up to do this you'll get to play with a whole bunch of stuff: percussion rifle, percussion pistol, cap and ball, flintlock pistol, flintlock rifle, so in other words the entire ball of wax at your disposal, along with Cerified NRA Instructors to teach this beginner's class on black powder shooting.

So check your schedule, send me a PM with your contact info, including cell phone, and we'll try to get you registered for this! This Saturday, at Old Bridge Outdoor range, at 9:00 am Sharp!

Dave

I am making moves for this too if you can stand seting it up for two. Just waiting on dinner plan info for the wife.

Dave

Heaterbob and Bulpup,

Just spoke with the League Chair, Mr. Lance Brunner. I explained everything to him about you two guys and he said to tell you that you BOTH can come-out to the Black Powder Class! Lance told me that $20.00 per head will be fine, and that you'll get to try-out (6) different hand guns as well as (6) different rifles! You won't even have to get your guns dirty, cause we'll have both a Colt and a Remington firing replica revolver there already! But go ahead and bring your guns so we can show you how to take them apart to clean them prior to using black powder in them (very important to NOT fire gun with the packing grease still goobered onto it)!

So send me a PM each of you with your cell numbers, so I can fill you in and give you directions, etc.

Club web site: www.oldbridgerifle.com . Click on Newsletters and pick one to read-up on the Black Powder League.

Stay in-touch now!

Dave