Kingsoverqueens

Anyone with first hand Mosquito experience?

I have one, had it for about a year. I love it. It's only 10% smaller than a compact Sig.The stories I heard about them having feeding problems with certain ammo, I never experienced. I used mini mags,which Sig recommends and even some old federal high velocity ammo,never a misfire, and it is very cool. Very accurate and no problems at all. I would suggest you take Sig's advice and use high velocity ammo. Plus, it fits my big brother holsters. Good luck.

I have a friend that bought one three months ago. We've taken it out three times now and it has been less than fun to shoot. 1/10 shots FTF regardless of ammo; cci mini mags, cci standard, Winchester 333 and Blazer. It gets much worse as it gets dirty eventually reaching 5/10 FTF at the 100-150 round count. Trigger is the worst trigger I've ever experienced, altthough I've only shot about 20 different guns in my life. Maybe he has a lemon but I prefer my wife's Mark III (and so does he). Based on his gun I wouldn't buy one.

I bought one a few weeks ago and put a few hundred rounds through it...first hundred or so I would get a 1 out of 10 would be some sort of FTF. After that it would go 1 in 25 or so. I was shooting Federal and Remington bulk packs so I would say that those results are pretty good. I bet with CCI Mini Mags it would be even better.

Also I bought it as a training gun and I actually like the occasional FTF since it trains me to deal with them since I very rarely get them with my XDm.

All in all its a great gun

Why don't you come on up and stop by the OBRAMS match next month at OBRPC and you will get to check out a lot of different 22LR, both pistols and Rifles.

Just need one or the other to shoot the match also, and if you didn't know it's just like a USPSA match, just with 22LR's..

Thanks for the invite Harry. I'll check the website for scheduling and check back with you.

They've had all sorts of steel plate shoots at CJRPC but I haven't been able to participate due to travel baseball obligations.

No problem, matches are really a great spot to check out a lot of different makes and models, plus if you have a specific gun you're looking to check out, post that up in the thread that's usually going for that match and I'd bet 9 times out of 10 someone will have the gun you want to see and more than likely bring it out for you to check out. I know I have never had a problem bringing something I own out for some one to check out and shoot if they want.

I know I have never had a problem bringing something I own out for some one to check out and shoot if they want.

That's been my experience too. I've found that gun owners love to share info and experience with their firearm and are almost always willing to let someone else test fire their gun. Pretty cool if you ask me.

i have a sig mosquito purchased in february and i think it's fantastic.

i have fired different ammo brands and have only had trouble with federal (about 10% FTE).

i use cci/blazer exclusively now and have fired about 2000 rounds through it with absolutely no problems.

My mosquito is about a year old and has probably 1k or more rounds through it at this point. Breat it in wet and with mini mags. After that first few hundred rds, it should like almost anything 1200fps or hotter. It really loves cci stingers. And so do i...

I have a Mosquito and like it a lot. Around 650 rounds down the pipe, no cleaning yet, not a single failure of any kind.

I only use CCI AR Tactical 22LR ammo in all my many 22's and never have any problems, so my experience may not jive if you are using crappo ammo.

Why don't you come on up and stop by the OBRAMS match next month at OBRPC and you will get to check out a lot of different 22LR, both pistols and Rifles.

Just need one or the other to shoot the match also, and if you didn't know it's just like a USPSA match, just with 22LR's..

I've checked out the OBRAMS and OBCATS info online. Cool stuff.

I'm going to try and make it for one of the Friday night matches.

I've only got 2 10 round magazines for my practice kit and am not sure if I'm going to get extra's as I don't think the 92fs in 22 would be my go to gun for this type of shooting. Instead I'd rather a dedicated 22.

I have first hand experience with a few, and I wouldn't. It looks cool and it ends there. Reliability is hit or miss. Even with a can. If it works well, then, it still just looks cool and it ends there. In that case it would be a reasonable .22 auto but nothing exceptional.

I've had a Mosquito for 3 months now and have gone through about 1000-1200 rounds of CCI Stingers and have not had one single failure. As long as you keep it lubed (it likes to run wet) and use high velocity ammo, you shouldnt have a problem. I'm at the point now that the Mosquito looks/feels to be well broken in so now I will experiment with some Federal Bulk ammo I got for my SM& MP15-22.

I bought a Mosquito several months ago. I was considering a P22 or SR22P, but the Mosquito just felt better to me in terms of size and weight. It was picky for the first 1000 rounds or so even with CCI's. Definitely break it in wet. I'm at about 2000-2500 rounds through it and it behaves much better. I use the CCI and Winchester AR buik packs. It doesn't seem to mind either one. I still get the occasional FTF (about once every 200-300 rounds), but overall I am happy with my purchase.

Shot a friend's 2 weekends ago, it was the first time he had fired it; I don't think he had done anything to it aside from taking it out of the box, so it definitely wasn't well lubed.

I ran about 7 magazines worth through it. I'd say two of those magazines went flawlessly, the other 5 had problems.

- Using remington wildcat ammo was good for about two failures to eject per mag, some 'stovepiped', others still in battery with the slide completely closed, but the round had fired

- Using federal "bulk pack" ammo was better, about one failure to eject per mag, always a stovepipe. The two flawless mags were federal.

Problem could very well have been a "tight"/not sufficiently lubed slide.

I'm up to around 1200 rounds now, still haven't taken it apart or cleaned it (and certainly not lubed).

Still, not a single failure of any kind. Only have used Winchester Wildcat ammo.

On the other hand, I rarely clean any of my guns (except precision rifles, expensive shotguns and my Desert Eagle), and pretty much never have any failures of any kind. I think my Colt AR failed to fire once last summer, that was probably the last time. And I shoot a lot.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

There wasn't a gun availale when I posted this thread so we didn't buy one, and since then have decided to go another route. We almost pulled the trigger on a Sig 1911 in 22, but decided to hold out a Browning Buckmark with Rosewood handles instead.

Please do keep the discussion going however. Someone else may benefit.