JeremyP

Denied by the City of Paterson, Now what?

So, for the sake of expediency, he should have caved in and provided them with the form and a picture, which is not a part of the official State-required paperwork. It's that kind of attitude that perpetuates this illegal bull*hit. They get away with doing what they want, when they want, because people like you enable them. I can't wait to see how this plays out with NJ2AS intervening on this illegal process.

Yes - that is EXACTLY what I am saying and what I would have done.

Some notaries take it real serious with a log book of all their notaries. My wife does a thousand a year and cant be bothered with that.

as a notary, i can tell you that it's better to be safe than sorry. there is a rule that says you must keep a log. have I ever needed to show it to authorities? no. but i'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hollow point bullets are illegal in the commission of a crime. Which is ridiculous since criminals dont give a F what the law says. Just a way so the courts can

hand down a stiffer sentence to those who are caught,which i'm all for . Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Its also illegal to require additional forms be filled out to secure an FID and or PP. Just the facts and the LAW!

Hollow point bullets are illegal in the commission of a crime. Which is ridiculous since criminals dont give a F what the law says. Just a way so the courts can

hand down a stiffer sentence to those who are caught,which i'm all for . Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Its also illegal to require additional forms be filled out to secure an FID and or PP. Just the facts and the LAW!

You're half right. That half is the topic of this thread - additional forms or requirements. I don't want to take this off topic, but there is no law that says hollowpoints are illegal in the commission of a crime. The law states that they are illegal, period. But then list exceptions for transport and use.

Back on topic.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

thanks for the clarification Bob. You really almost need a law degree to understand the convoluted laws in

this God forsaken state.

Ive never been asked to fill out any extra forms when i had to change my address

on my FID. Thus far i have not purchased any handguns in NJ. All of my handguns were purchased when i lived in PA.

We all know how much more sensible PA is when it comes to firearms and procurement of them.

Jules, I want to know which of the states you are talking about when you said "purchased legally in states that have zero laws about buying weapons". I know of no such state, when it applies to a concealable weapon anyway. Please educate me so I can go there and get a CZ compact.

Right, so if i have to worry about the criminals, why would i want to have to worry about everyone else around me carrying a gun too? And FYI I have been attacked by people who were law abiding citizens who got drunk or mad at their wife or had a bad day. but thats a different discussion and i dont feel like getting into it right now.I have my opinions and you can have yours.

BTW how do you think the criminals get their guns? Either stolen or purchased legally in states that have zero laws about buying weapons, then they bring them up here to NJ. There is no shortage of them.

So you feel there is not line to draw on what type of weapons a civilian can own? So if your neighbor set up an intercontinental ballistic missile on their front lawn, you would be cool with that? Jokes aside, I personally think there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

If I was Jewish, I'd be saying 'Oi Vey!!'

Nothing like antigunblobby talking points that are pure moronicy.

So were are these States that have 'zero' laws regarding purchasing firearms?

And if you're so worried about people carrying firearms, you need to get your paranoia in check. Cause you don't know who's carrying what, and just what might be in someone's bag.......

So you feel there is not line to draw on what type of weapons a civilian can own? So if your neighbor set up an intercontinental ballistic missile on their front lawn, you would be cool with that? Jokes aside, I personally think there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

It seems that, at the time of its creation, 2a gave citizens the right to what was then "state-of-the-art" military technology. One could argue that was the intent.

I know for sure that--even if it was legal as a bearable arm--I would run into serious zoning issues if I tried to erect an ICBM in my township.

If I was Jewish, I'd be saying 'Oi Vey!!'

Nothing like antigunblobby talking points that are pure moronicy.

So were are these States that have 'zero' laws regarding purchasing firearms?

And if you're so worried about people carrying firearms, you need to get your paranoia in check. Cause you don't know who's carrying what, and just what might be in someone's bag.......

There is plenty of paranoia here for everyone. Some people are scared to go get the mail out of their mailbox unarmed.

what the OP needed to agree with on the form, are the same exact things that he would need to agree with on the purchase form at the gun shop when you buy one. Either way they get that agreement from you.

Am I remembering correctly?

what the OP needed to agree with on the form, are the same exact things that he would need to agree with on the purchase form at the gun shop when you buy one. Either way they get that agreement from you.

Am I remembering correctly?

They are the same things that you stipulate to, under penalty of law, on the STS-033 , so why the redundancy? It's not like the process isn't already redundant.

Why the need for a photograph and notarization? The PD is supposed to require identification when you submit the application. My PD asks for my DL (gov't issued ID w/picture) and then photocopies it. There is the picture and it is on the document (DL) that a notary will want to see before they notarize anything. So there is no more guarantee you are who and what you are by completing the illegal additions, than there is with the proper process. These are just roadblocks in the furtherence of the CLEO's anti-gun ideology.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

They are the same things that you stipulate to, under penalty of law, on the STS-033 , so why the redundancy? It's not like the process isn't already redundant.

Why the need for a photograph and notarization? The PD is supposed to require identification when you submit the application. My PD asks for my DL (gov't issued ID w/picture) and then photocopies it. There is the picture and it is on the document (DL) that a notary will want to see before they notarize anything. So there is no more guarantee you are who and what you are by completing the illegal additions, than there is with the proper process. These are just roadblocks in the furtherence of the CLEO's anti-gun ideology.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I agree.. It's redundant. No need for the whole process. The extra form makes absolutely no sense because it offers up no new information about the individual. It's like filling out your own reference letter.

Appeal and file a report with the State police, its the best answer and was given on page one.

The poster that said you need to be an attorney is absolutely correct, I am an attorney and I dont trust anyone in Paterson to even know the law. This state sucks and one day in L&T court will show everyone that the judges dont always follow "the law"