jermz1987

New Show - Revolution

That looks pretty f-ing sweet! I will defiently be watching that. That's a totally different end of world scenario then usual movies/tv. (Have your farraday cages ready)

I wonder why no guns, only knives and bow and arrow?

Okay. That looks sick!

But...johnp, I saw guns.

Okay smarty-pants, :rolleyes: I meant there was an over abundance of bow and arrow/crossbows, and swords. The show takes place 15 years in the future, and they're using flintlocks and muskets?

Hmm .. lets see, planes just fall out of the sky (hint: they don't, they can glide without power for over 100miles), for some ungodly reason they are farming in the engine compartment of a Prius (because moving that around and removing the engine makes more sense then digging a hole in the ground), modern crossbows somehow still have intact strings 15 years in (the longbow makes more sense), in 15 years entire cities get ruined and overgrown buy kudzu (when unihabited homes in NJ, made of wood, still stand after 30 years of being abandoned, in the middle of the woods) yet somehow everyone's clothes and leather jackets and jeans look like they've just came off the rack, all the girls have perfectly groomed and conditioned hair and wear it loose, bare mid drift shirts are all the rage cause who cares about scratches or parasites or weather when there is no medical care, the men are cleanly shaved presumably by keeping their 5 blade razors in pyramids, no one has bad teeth after 15 years of malnutrition, and when your family is kidnapped the first thing you should do is go travel to find a long lost relative you barely know, is probably dead, and who most likely didn't actually stay put where he was 15 years ago ...

FFS ... really? There is room for a good post apocalyptic show out there, a Jericho, another Walking Dead, anything but this over polished piece of rotting tripe.

...anything but this over polished piece of rotting tripe.

Aw, how do you really feel?

I'm with ya on this Vlad G, that was my first impression, too. I watched the trailer a second time, a couple of days later and it only reinforced that this show will, unequivocally, suck hind ta-ta.

Hmm .. lets see, planes just fall out of the sky (hint: they don't, they can glide without power for over 100miles), for some ungodly reason they are farming in the engine compartment of a Prius (because moving that around and removing the engine makes more sense then digging a hole in the ground), modern crossbows somehow still have intact strings 15 years in (the longbow makes more sense), in 15 years entire cities get ruined and overgrown buy kudzu (when unihabited homes in NJ, made of wood, still stand after 30 years of being abandoned, in the middle of the woods) yet somehow everyone's clothes and leather jackets and jeans look like they've just came off the rack, all the girls have perfectly groomed and conditioned hair and wear it loose, bare mid drift shirts are all the rage cause who cares about scratches or parasites or weather when there is no medical care, the men are cleanly shaved presumably by keeping their 5 blade razors in pyramids, no one has bad teeth after 15 years of malnutrition, and when your family is kidnapped the first thing you should do is go travel to find a long lost relative you barely know, is probably dead, and who most likely didn't actually stay put where he was 15 years ago ...

FFS ... really? There is room for a good post apocalyptic show out there, a Jericho, another Walking Dead, anything but this over polished piece of rotting tripe.

Lol...show over for me. Great points and now I don't have to worry about dvr'ing this

Vlad, this might be the first time we have ever agreed on ANYTHING. But, I'll still watch.

Yeah thats pretty lame that they would take from another video.

You never know how these things work out. If the author knows the Bad Robot guys as he states, then he's likely already "somebody" who's working in the business or one of his buddies at Bad Robot submitted it to JJ Abrams/Jon Favreau. I don't know about you but if I could get a "by line" credit on a major project like that it would vastly improve my future earnings prospects.

Looks interesting. If this is on monday nights i may watch it. Did any one get an idea that they watched lord of the rings and pirates of the Caribbean before they wrote this story?

I think they read S.M. Stirling's book, Dies the fire. The mechanism is the same as in nothing works any longer. Gunpowder works in the Revolution universe but it does not work in Stirling's "Emberverse". Essentially you take feudalism and lay it onto a post technological society and play it out. The individual stories are different but the framework is the same. For what it's worth, Dies the Fire is a GREAT survival book. The rest of the books went meh, but the first one was fantastic.

monday night is shooting shows on sportsmans channel ill watch that even if they are repeats:)

I can deal with repeats on good episodes, but not the ones from 2009.

Anyone see the pilot of this last night? Interesting view of an apocalyptic world, sans zombies. Kind of a different survival skill set than I had envisioned. Lots of knives, swords, and arrows. Hardly any firearms, although there were a few muzzle loaders and one militia guy had a semiauto handgun. Firearms possession by private citizens punishable by death. Almost as bad as NJ. Maybe I am going to need a crossbow after all!

It's really got a Jericho feel about it with a touch of "The Postman" but I'll continue to watch. I love this crap. The lead girls are cute but none of them would have hair like that, it's sort of silly. They're living in post apocolyptia and have hair that looks like it's from a Vidal Sassoon commercial.