jermz1987

New Show - Revolution

It's really got a Jericho feel about it with a touch of "The Postman" but I'll continue to watch. I love this crap. The lead girls are cute but none of them would have hair like that, it's sort of silly. They're living in post apocolyptia and have hair that looks like it's from a Vidal Sassoon commercial.

Their look may be unrealistic, but I would rather have them look like that than all hairy and haggard, as would probably be the case in real life. :icon_mrgreen:

I want to like it, but its so very unrealistic. Everyone just looks so darn pretty without electricity.

Hahaha, so true. I'm still dvrecording it and give it a couple more episodes, if it doesn't improve then I will just erase it.

Its completley unrealistic but its good to watch. I watched the first two episodes and Ill probably watch the rest of the season. I like end of the world style TV shows.

Ken

I watched the first two shows last week from my son-in-law's DVR. Now I'm recording the remainder of the season. It's entertaining.

Are they just trying to get you to start thinking about "What if..." with these shows? First the prepper series, now apocalypse shows, survivor reality shows, other shows about rogue nuclear subs, no electricity, etc.

Anybody ever listen to "Coast to Coast" on WOR AM from 1am to 5am?

So is this show any good? I read the past comments and it sounds blah. Should I bother finding and watching season 1?

Season 1 was on demand.... But ended April 1st.

I caught up on the first 11 episodes in 3 days.....

Can be a little corny at times, and not the greatest show.... But not bad.

I enjoyed watching it.

It's really got a Jericho feel about it with a touch of "The Postman" but I'll continue to watch. I love this crap. The lead girls are cute but none of them would have hair like that, it's sort of silly. They're living in post apocolyptia and have hair that looks like it's from a Vidal Sassoon commercial.

.....with just enough "Hunger Games" girl,horny guy and Bow action to entice some teen viewers. I tried but just couldn't. Digging "Vikings" though.

Too unrealistic. All their clothes look fresh, with modern stretchy fabrics and bright colors. The modern crossbows look like they just came off the shelf. And really, a musket? Then there is the locket thingy they keep flashing around, like its some kind of magical talisman. Really,.. magic and voodoo? Bleh

They need to learn some lessons from Walking Dead IMO.

Initially, I thought it was totally unrealistic because how could just a power outage destroy everything that badly? I mean seriously, end of the world because of a stupid power outage? I had more faith in humanity than that.

Then Sandy hit, and I realized the two-fold problem. (1) Can't pump gas and people freak out (2) People can't eat. Fridges stop working so food spoils, and all the modern electric stoves/ovens don't work. I'd never worried about this because we still use natural gas, but Sandy was a real wakeup call.

Revolution doesn't seem too far off in that case. (Except of course for the laundry, hygiene, and inexplicable sword skill problems....)

Notice how the militia (dictator ran mafia, not a freedom militia) are the only ones with guns. Possession of a firearm is punishable by death.

Kind of shows you where we may be in 25yrs...... Or sooner.

The resistance (terrorist to the evil militia) fly the American flag and it is considered the "rebel" flag....

I can see Obama's label being that flag one day..... Over my dead body