panteramatt

Permit wait lately?

I applied on March,10 at Toms River. Called 30 days later and was told they were in background check. Called May,10 and they were still in background check. I asked the officer what was up, 6 months ago it took 30 days to get my fid and permits. At first it seemed like the conversation was gonna go south but he turned out to be cool and explained that there has been a back wash of applacents and should take about 3 months. I'll be giving them a call tomarrow to see how that background check is going.

I have already purchased a pistol and shopping for another one ( applied for 2 ) and maybe that was a mistake because the purchased pistol is always on my mind. Bad bad bad thing I did I think.

UPDATE:

I called T.R.P.D. and the snotty lady said they were just getting to march's paper work and when they are ready they will call and then hung up on me. Guess a lot of people are calling them.

I just dont get it. How come some people get them in weeks and some gotta wait over 1/2 year! My first pemit in feb to 3 weeks. Ive been waiting over 3 months. I talked to the clerk and all she said is we'll call you. Is there something I should do? I have someone holding their gun from this very forum an dI feel bad for making him wait.

I just dont get it. How come some people get them in weeks and some gotta wait over 1/2 year! My first pemit in feb to 3 weeks. Ive been waiting over 3 months. I talked to the clerk and all she said is we'll call you. Is there something I should do? I have someone holding their gun from this very forum an dI feel bad for making him wait.

Yup. Join the NJ2AS, speak to Mr. Fiamingo there, and between their expertise and your willingness to hold your local PD accountable, you just may effect a change in the way they do business there.

Good luck,

Scott in Bayonne

Me and my father turned in the paperwork at the same time for permits he got his in 4 months im still waiting.Its 4 months and two weeks for me i called the state police they called trenton and called me back and said the paperwork was screwed up so they are resending up to trenton.They screwed up on there end not me i asked and i was told others were screwed up also.The guy that filled in while he was on vacation did something wrong on everyones paperwork while he was away so they all have to be redone.I go to the state police off of route 54 we dont have local police anymore.

Bayville takes 6mths for P2Ps as well. Im usually good about applying for news P2P prior to my current ones expiring but I got busy and forgot to this time. Im stuck with no current permits and only 3mths into my 6mth wait.

On a brighter note, a coworker of mine put in for FID and P2P in Barnegat and got everything back in 2mths.

-Scott