johnp

What state would you like to move to?

I want to stay put. I like having the beach 90 minutes away, PA/NY dense wooded areas 60 minutes away, NYC 35 miles away, decent skiing 90 minutes north, back packing, etc.

I want all the a-holes to move to another state.

I want to stay put. I like having the beach 90 minutes away, PA/NY dense wooded areas 60 minutes away, NYC 35 miles away, decent skiing 90 minutes north, back packing, etc.

I figured at least one crazy person would say I want to stay. :onthequiet:

When is the last time you went skiing in waist deep fluffy powder??

Yes I grew up skiing in NJ, NY and PA, but skiing out in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado I can't ski back here anymore. Now don't even get me talking about Spring skiing in Souther Kali, with a pair of 185's strapped to the back of my 68 rigid chopper, leaving my pad in 80 degree weather, riding up to the mountains at a nice comfy 65-70 degrees and some great skiing, not to mention Southern Kali Chicks in bikinis skiing, now until you do that, you have no idea what skiing is supposed to be like.. LOL

If I had to pick a state in the Northeast, it would be New Hampshire. Not only are their gun laws are among the best in the country, their conceal carry permit is easier to get then here in Kentucky. Also New Hampshire fireworks laws are very good unlike nearby Vermont. There seems to be a great freedom loving and independent spirit that runs throughout the state. I wouldn't mind the cold and snow and would prefer it to nonstop humid 95 degree temperatures of the deep South in the summer.

Agreed, NH is better.

IIRC suppressors are illegal in VT

And on non gun related advantages, NH:

-Has no sales tax on most items, VT does (don't recall if NH has state income tax)

-Has no helmet law, VT does (even though I don't own a motorcycle, it's the principle)

-Has no seat belt law for those over 18, VT does

-Has no hunter orange law, this is the same in VT

-Better fireworks laws (as Midwest mentioned)

-Is more pro business than VT

With a state motto of Live Free or Die, it's the mentality that is needed in more governments.

I need a change of seasons, so the south and southwest are out for me. As for snow and cold, I plow snow, ice fish and snowmobile, so that is just more opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, it's better than than the heat and humidity anytime.

Not sure how many of you dreamers have actually spent time in your fantasy lands outside of the tristate area?

I've worked, been stationed or have visited many of the locations that have been mentioned. Those that think Alaska is a paradise, well I lived there for 2 years and that pendulum swing of paradise and hell go hand and hand.

Want to go down south, you will always be a damn Yankee as soon as your back is turned. NH or West Virgina are about the best on the east coast. If you don't have to work and are wealthy you can do whatever you want. But many people that left here and moved to North Carolina, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia are finding out that with less people, there are less jobs available. And if you ain't a local, the odds are against you.

Face it, the liberal NY/NJ'ers have already tainted most of the East Coast. The liberals from Kali have infected Oregon and Washington and are moving into Idaho. Wyoming might be the best...again, if you got lots of coin you have more options.

The grass is always greener. If you leave, take a liberal or two with you......please.

Arizona, Texas, NC, or Virginia. I also love my home state of Washington--and despite it being a "blue" state, the gun laws are not that bad. But I think my wife would hate the Seattle weather.

+10 to this.. same choices for me.

Not sure how many of you dreamers have actually spent time in your fantasy lands outside of the tristate area?

I've worked, been stationed or have visited many of the locations that have been mentioned. Those that think Alaska is a paradise, well I lived there for 2 years and that pendulum swing of paradise and hell go hand and hand.

Want to go down south, you will always be a damn Yankee as soon as your back is turned. NH or West Virgina are about the best on the east coast. If you don't have to work and are wealthy you can do whatever you want. But many people that left here and moved to North Carolina, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia are finding out that with less people, there are less jobs available. And if you ain't a local, the odds are against you.

Face it, the liberal NY/NJ'ers have already tainted most of the East Coast. The liberals from Kali have infected Oregon and Washington and are moving into Idaho. Wyoming might be the best...again, if you got lots of coin you have more options.

The grass is always greener. If you leave, take a liberal or two with you......please.

Hence the reason I'm still here, and not leaving soon.

There's no real money in most of "free America", can't make a decent living with a bad demographic. I need to figure out an internet business I can run from anywhere.

For you NH guys - I have family up there. They are 45~50 minutes north east of Keene. They get TONS of snow

My property is 45-50 minutes northeast of Keene. In a town called Warner. I'm 10 minutes or so from the southern end of Lake Sunapee.

Last season I was so busy in the snowy winter here that I never made it up there. I heard there was about 10-12 feet of snow on the ground at my place.

Embrace the snow I'm not scared.

NH has No state income tax either. For us it's the location we think we want. I'll never really know till I commit 100%.

NH over VT simply for my wife. NH has a coast -- It's small, only like 15 miles of oceanfront, but it's beaches nonetheless. I also have family in southern NH.

There's just a feel when we get there -- That live free or die attitude does show... Mostly.

As for work -- I'll figure it out. My land is paid for. We're certainly not rolling in $$$ but when we leave here we should go with enough cash to build and survive for awhile.

I'll make money. Our area is certainly not desolate. I've never been unemployed and I just don't see it happening once I'm there.

How much do you really need with no mortgage and reasonable property taxes?

My property is 45-50 minutes northeast of Keene. In a town called Warner. I'm 10 minutes or so from the southern end of Lake Sunapee.

Last season I was so busy in the snowy winter here that I never made it up there. I heard there was about 10-12 feet of snow on the ground at my place.

Embrace the snow I'm not scared.

NH has No state income tax either. For us it's the location we think we want. I'll never really know till I commit 100%.

NH over VT simply for my wife. NH has a coast -- It's small, only like 15 miles of oceanfront, but it's beaches nonetheless. I also have family in southern NH.

There's just a feel when we get there -- That live free or die attitude does show... Mostly.

As for work -- I'll figure it out. My land is paid for. We're certainly not rolling in $$$ but when we leave here we should go with enough cash to build and survive for awhile.

I'll make money. Our area is certainly not desolate. I've never been unemployed and I just don't see it happening once I'm there.

How much do you really need with no mortgage and reasonable property taxes?

Nice! My girlfriend and I have been looking in that area(a little north of Concord....central part of the state). I want to be away from the Masshole invaders, but close enough to industry. Hoping to take some time off this summer to look around and get some real estate ideas.

This thread makes me feel good, considering I am from Southern New Hampshire!

Open carry is legal.

To get a conceal carry permit you need to do nothing more then walk into your local PD with the form and $10 dollars. If they are feeling particular that day, they might check your ID. :p

No sales tax.

Live Free or Die motto. Seat belts are optional if you are 18 or older. Helmets optional for you bikers.

Last I checked (though things may have changed), anybody could buy a lot of different type of fireworks, and for the larger stuff, you had to be 18 (or is it 21?). Either way, assuming you are of age, it is no different then buying anything else. You walk into store, pay, and walk out.

Like other real states, buying firearms is as easy as fireworks, except they run the NICS check (that is the one right?) So for rifles it is instantaneous. It has never taken me longer than 15 minutes for pistols.

There are hockey rinks everywhere! Yeah!

If you like the beach, it has that. If you like lakes, it has those. If you like general outdoorsy things, it has plenty of those too. If you like your own space, yep, got that. If you like big cities...drive 45 minutes south to Boston.

I certainly wouldn't mind moving back home. But there are downsides.

If you don't mind driving, it's cool. But unless you live in one of the few larger towns/cities in the state, plan on driving a ways. It isn't too bad though, and I found it somewhat comparable to where I am now in central/southish NJ...just with less people and less options.

I do often miss beautiful NH.

Edit:

Those complaining about snow, you may be surprised. I know we have had some mild winters in NJ recently, but the other year we got as much snow here as up in the northeast, and in some cases, there was more! Also, people tend to drive better (or at least be better prepared, 4x4, winter tires, etc) up there than in NJ. In the more populous areas, the roads get salted and plowed about as well as you would expect. In the less populous, or more rural areas...well, it can be an experience! Buy a truck and put a plow on the front if you plan to live out in the real sticks.

I'd move to Vermont. I'm hoping to end up there in the near future.

I can't live in a state that love's child molesters and doesn't think they deserve jail time.

I have spent time in most of the states and really with the exception of the gun laws that we gota put up with i like jersey the best. That dosent mean i dont look forward to getting out of NJ to travel to other places but i always come back i dont know what it is.