HogLuvr

PPQ, first time out.

Had my eye on this one for a while. So, with fresh permits in had, I got in in 9mm. Of course, it never works out to get to the range right away. But yesterday... Finally. Oh man! Great shooter. Smooth trigger, good feel in my hand. This is a keeper.

Awesome to hear. I have on in .40 and love it. I have one in 9mm waiting for me, June 11th!

Did you change the backstrap? I installed the large (i don't have huge hands, but not small either) and I feel it shoot and aims better.. just curious..

I picked up my PPQ 9mm this past March and love it. It has been great and and the trigger is drop dead sexy! I was a little reluctant to buy without shooting one first but there were endless positive reviews/videos so I just made the move on it and have had ZERO regrets.

I have to say I shot Regulator72's PPQ and was very impressed. It took no time to get used to it and I warmed up quickly taking shots at 8" steel all the way to 20 yards out. Not bad considering it was my second mag with it.

Did you change the backstrap? I installed the large (i don't have huge hands, but not small either) and I feel it shoot and aims better.. just curious..

I left the regular blackstrap in place, for now, feels pretty good. I may experiment later.

I love my PPQ. I took it to RTSP on Saturday for some range time. I took one of my coworkers with me and I think he's regretting not having put in for pistol permits when he applied for his NJ FIC.

I was going to post this in a seperate thread, and by no means am I trying to jack it, but has anyone noticed how clean the gun is after shooting? Aside from inside the barrel there was almost no carbon buildup. I cleaned it with a few Q-Tips rather than the toothbrush. My coworker and I put 300 rounds through it. 200 Federal, 200 PMC, and 200 UMC in that order. Rails were almost perfectly clean and there was very little buildup when I stripped it.

Yup, had mine out for its 2nd outing this past weekend. It is growing on me heavily. I've been loyal to my G19's for awhile now, but I see myself falling for the siren song of the PPQ. Just wish mags weren't so expensive.