david8613

planning a big range trip, some advice...

hey guys im planning a big range trip and bringing all the toys, but im also bringing a few friends new to shooting but im getting tired of indoor ranges, wanna do outdoor. where can i go were i can use pistols, rifles, and shotguns? im thinking range 14, i never been there before, what do ya think?

And just remember Range-14 is a public range but usage is $60 annual membership for all range facilities (paintball/airsoft, handgun range, rifle range, trap shooting), with $4 per range per person for each session. Overall it's a good deal if you're closeby with regards to private range membership dues. Also you have to bring your own targets or buy theirs. They aren't too expensive if I remember right.

R14 also requires the little firearm safety flags.. they sell neon zip ties there for like 4 or 6 for $1.. if you have them already great..

Its 200 yards is nice. marked about every 25 yards.. you can do pistol. rifle, & shotgun all on the rifle side..

$60/year is a great price IMHO.. been there 3 years now.. $4/hour isn't bad.. have your friends pay there own hourly way..

My friend comes and I end up paying for all the ammo.. :roulette: the least they can do is pay for themselves.. IMHO..

Its about 20 minutes of fire then 5 minutes of change target time.. then shoot another 20 minutes.. repeat.. you get about 40 mintues of FIRE time per hour.. (just an FYI)..

Obviously no collapsible stocks (pinned is fine) or anything that may seem WAY out of wack for NJ..

The RO now walks the field to check for safety issues.. small KO metal targets are ok @ 200 yards.. just ask the RO 1st.. water bottles are OK.. just clean up your mess.. same with shotgun hulls..

There targets are $3/each and on a wood 1x3 wood post.. there about 18" x 28" cardboard type..

David, for a $35 annual membership at Ridgway R&PC in Ridgway, Pa - this is what they have:

* Indoor Pistol Range in the clubhouse

* Small Bore 100m silloutte range behind the clubhouse

* Middle Range: Plinking bay to 100yds and 200m silloutte range

* High Range: 500m BPCR silloutte and 1000yd high bore silloutte ranges

** 25 position covered firing line

All silloutte ranges, the steel are available to be used 24x7 sitting on the rails

* 1000yd - Homer, a 48"x82" steel buffalo

I go there 2 - 3 times a year and spend a week each time of enjoyment with usually a dozen rifle and over 1000 BPCR reloads plus 22 LR's loaded with smokeless and black powder

The Ridway Inn is avout 4 miles from the range - cheap nice rooms - Wednesday night is all the crab legs you can eat for $20, plus the owner was a gourmet chef and all the meals are excellent

http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/

anyone going to range 14 on Saturday, since this is very different from an indoor range I would like some guidance, for instance I never used flags before? I plan to go with my stepson thats in the army visiting from Texas. last time he was here we went to bullet hole and had a blast. I plan to take all the toys so we should have fun...

anyone going to range 14 on Saturday, since this is very different from an indoor range I would like some guidance, for instance I never used flags before? I plan to go with my stepson thats in the army visiting from Texas. last time he was here we went to bullet hole and had a blaIst. I plan to take all the toys so we should have fun...

David of your son is in the army have him see if they will give you the military discount. I think they do it for spouses but if they do it cuts the annual fee down to 30 dollars u do not belive it does anything for the per hour fee but hey 30 bucks is a couple of extra bOxes if ammo depending on caliber

ill look into that again, i had him call a couple of days ago to get details since he is in the military but they failed to mention any discount to him, they only quoted the normal pricing... thanks for the heads up...