dave545

-1000000000 Shore shot never going back

So i was at shore shot yesterday with my friend and just wow i cant believe how they work. Right before we went to SS we were at Brick Armory and we looked at a bunch of guns and the person helping was very nice and pleasant. We then went to SS because they have a larger selection of pistols and my friend who had PP's had forgotten them at home, he however wanted to look at guns because he was seriously looking into buying a pistol either that day if he found one he wanted or the next day. Let me explain the scenario there. there were maybe 4 people on the sales floor and 2 of them were paying so that left 2 more looking around and there were 2 sales associates not occupied. My friend and I were speaking with one of them and we looked at 3 pistols in the same cabinet they were walthers because my friend wanted a ppk or ppk/s.

My friend had told the guy that he was looking to buy a pistol but he had forgotten his PP's. When he asked to look at another pistol the guy started laughing and said "alright this is the last one this isnt show and tell".

My friend and i both started to laugh and i said well your supposed to show us guns if we are to buy them.

he the said " well no its about making sales and if you dont have a PP with you i cant make a sale"

my friend put the gun down and just left. the kicker was he was saying he was probably going to go home and get the PP because they had the PPk that he wanted.

So SS just lost another customer that was going to buy a gun because of their rudeness. There really is not enough competition for gun stores in this state and i believe that SS knows this and feels that they don't have to be nice or respectful to their customers because there really aren't any other shops nearby. Well because of this they have lost my one friend, my father and I as customers and anyone else that i can convince not to go their becuase they have done this to us many times in the past.

Also as we were walking out the guy said whatever i dont give a shit what he does" because after he walked out he said oh hes going home to get his Pp and i said not hes just going home.

So F*&* shore shot because they are rude and very unprofessional, and this is not from only one incident but many incidents that i have been involved in or have been present when they occurred.

Did you speak to management? Did you send them the link to this post? It may not make a damn bit of difference (hell he may have been management for all I know) but it's good to let them know that their sh*tty service has ramifications outside of that one interaction.

That's pretty douche-y customer service. I have never been treated like that, but I would sure be pissed if I had. The only one there that I have ever seen be grumpy towards customers is Tiny (big gruff guy with beard), or if someone did something jerky to warrant it.

That's pretty douche-y customer service. I have never been treated like that, but I would sure be pissed if I had. The only one there that I have ever seen be grumpy towards customers is Tiny (big gruff guy with beard), or if someone did something jerky to warrant it.

Wow, big difference over here. He's always been one of the coolest guys there for me. But, my experience there has been ok or very good.

I have to say I wouldn't tolerate treAtment like that. I have never. Been treated like that in there. Check out TJ Sporting Arms. He is priced great on everything and his CS is great.

I hear more of this lately. Is it that they are swamped with crowds and are too busy to be attentive, or that they can't be bothered, or both? I guess I am lucky they know me. I have a hard time seeing most of the guys there being jerks (since I think they are mostly good guys) but it is sounding like a trend.

Never once had any issues with any 'asshole sales people' in any gun transactions anywhere in NJ...what am I doing wrong...I get service, and get to see and hold what I want. I can understand if you did not have permit in hand, and you acted like a bunch of pollyanna's wanting to 'feel a whole bunch of guns', the salesman could get frustrated because he KNOWS he is NOT making a sale at that moment. Factor in a big a** filtration system that needs paying for, insurance premiums, payroll, lights, taxes, permits, etc...and you know why the average small shop owner (gun store or not) wants to make a sale. The fault here is that the salesperson did not handle it correctly, and probably should have said 'no more show and tell', but showed you everything you wanted to see and should have tried to narrow down what you are looking for so he can show you relevant merchandise. In Italy at the produce markets, the lady will smack the shit out of your hand if you pick up a tomato to 'check it'. It is understood that all of her tomato's are fresh, picking them up with no intention of buying is an insult in a way...a little customer service on the part of Shoreshot would have went a long way. I went to shoreshot once on my birthday, bought a Kimber Stainless Raptor and he gave me free range time and a box of ammo and said "Happy Birthday!' If I did not live so far, I would go back with no hesitation.

Well, don't go to Sportsman's Roudevous in Flemington........if you don't have your permit in hand, you won't be seeing nothing except the glass case.

LOL, even had that and the place acted like I was invisable. So, I looked thru the glass and after about 20 minutes of nobody asking if I needed help, I walked out. 5 guns and quite a bit of ammo later - they've seen none of my money. And they won't.

Yup, CS at it's best..

I walked in there on a monday night, purchased a $1,400 handgun/membership, was told to "watch a youtube video" to learn out to breakdown/clean because he didn't have time to show me because they close early for the fun shoot. Went back in the next am when they opened, walked up to the counter and the very same salesman looked at me and said, "can i help you?" I said i wanted to shoot, then he asked if I was a member.. like we never met... felt strange, but I shrugged it off and still went back/renewed membership because of the guys like Tiny, Doug, Billy and some of the other guys in the back.. the guys up front however are why I make my purchases elsewhere..

I have ought one guy from them and it was from frank ( I think) heavy black guy very nice and helpful showed me about 5 1911's before I chose the range officer. The only one I have had an off and on attitude from is the young skinny kid with the ink

Yup, CS at it's best..

I walked in there on a monday night, purchased a $1,400 handgun/membership, was told to "watch a youtube video" to learn out to breakdown/clean because he didn't have time to show me because they close early for the fun shoot. Went back in the next am when they opened, walked up to the counter and the very same salesman looked at me and said, "can i help you?" I said i wanted to shoot, then he asked if I was a member.. like we never met... felt strange, but I shrugged it off and still went back/renewed membership because of the guys like Tiny, Doug, Billy and some of the other guys in the back.. the guys up front however are why I make my purchases elsewhere..

I've been shooting there for almost a year and while I don't shoot every week,I'm still there often enough to be remembered but strangely every time it's like they don't know me. It's a little off putting especially because when I leave I make it a point to thank the staff loudly and with eye contact.

I enjoy Phil's company and value his guidance but have yet to connect with anyone else at Shore Shot. Pity really.

I've been shooting there for almost a year and while I don't shoot every week,I'm still there often enough to be remembered but strangely every time it's like they don't know me. It's a little off putting especially because when I leave I make it a point to thank the staff loudly and with eye contact.

I enjoy Phil's company and value his guidance but have yet to connect with anyone else at Shore Shot. Pity really.

Exactly! and Phil, yes, Phil's the man... I didn't renew this year.

It wasnt a manager, it was a guy in his early 40's maybe around 6' lol i know not enough details but still and i have no clue what his name was. It is a pleasure when i deal with PK90 he is very helpful and has some of the best prices you can find. Bill is not at SS enough and it seems like everyone there wants to act like they are the boss but when it comes to talking prices about guns either they wont budge at all or they will say oh i cant do that talk to bill or his son and they will maybe take 20$ off.

Also I find this a perfect place to voice my opinion, it is a gun forum correct? so yes i am posting my review of this gun shop and no this is not butt hurt if you disagree with my review than please click the x either on this window tab or your web browser so you wont be hurt by what i am saying. this however is a place to discuss this and i am getting tired of people either bashing others for their opinions or just being plain jerkof*s to others. this is a gun forum for the gun community and we should respect each other and everyone's opinions.

Exactly! and Phil, yes, Phil's the man... I didn't renew this year.

Are you talking about Phil the RO if you ate he is one of the reasons I go there at all he had pointers for everyone but still keeps the range safe wish every RO was like him

Are you talking about Phil the RO if you ate he is one of the reasons I go there at all he had pointers for everyone but still keeps the range safe wish every RO was like him

Yes.I've taken a good friend to SS to introduce him to the sport,we were both in customer service in Manhattan for years,myself as a trainer and quite frankly not easily impressed. After only two visits my friend remarked that while he generally liked SS he thought that Phil's firm but easy going way was the best thing about SS. I tend to agree.

I've never really heard good things about Shore Shot, fortunately, they aren't close to me, so I don't have to worry, but in an analgous situation, I likely won't shop at Ed's gun store in Deptford. While we were there, my brother in law, who was getting his first gun wanted to let me handle the pistol, since I'm far smaller than him, know more about guns than him, and I'd be a better judge as to whether my sister (who is a foot shorter than my brother in law) would be able to handle the pistol. Ed refused because I was 19, and got rather pissy that we would even ask that.

Then when my brother in law inquired about joining the range Ed belongs to, Squarecircle, he condescendingly told us that they didn't really want a bunch of new shooters there, and that we wouldn't know enough about range etiquette and such to join there, and that he wouldn't help us join.

Sort of a dick move when someone drops $600 in your store.

Also I find this a perfect place to voice my opinion, it is a gun forum correct? so yes i am posting my review of this gun shop and no this is not butt hurt if you disagree with my review than please click the x either on this window tab or your web browser so you wont be hurt by what i am saying. this however is a place to discuss this and i am getting tired of people either bashing others for their opinions or just being plain jerkof*s to others. this is a gun forum for the gun community and we should respect each other and everyone's opinions.

+1

not surprised

I've had a little bit of a mixed reviews there. Had good experiences with some staff but went there once and tiny was a gigantic knob tome when his rental gun kept jamming. Like it was my fault. I have no use for service like that.

Ive never had any bad encounters over there, bought my wasr 10 and beretta .22 from them. And I always ask to see and hold a few guns/rifles even though i didnt have my p2p at the time with me. I always dealt with the heavyset black dude ( dont know his name)

I've never really heard good things about Shore Shot, fortunately, they aren't close to me, so I don't have to worry, but in an analgous situation, I likely won't shop at Ed's gun store in Deptford. While we were there, my brother in law, who was getting his first gun wanted to let me handle the pistol, since I'm far smaller than him, know more about guns than him, and I'd be a better judge as to whether my sister (who is a foot shorter than my brother in law) would be able to handle the pistol. Ed refused because I was 19, and got rather pissy that we would even ask that.

Then when my brother in law inquired about joining the range Ed belongs to, Squarecircle, he condescendingly told us that they didn't really want a bunch of new shooters there, and that we wouldn't know enough about range etiquette and such to join there, and that he wouldn't help us join.

Sort of a dick move when someone drops $600 in your store.

That is a dick move and I would have told him so right on the spot. Not only would I never deal with him, I would let everybody I know about what happened. That is one of the biggest douchey stories I have heard in a while.

That is a dick move and I would have told him so right on the spot. Not only would I never deal with him, I would let everybody I know about what happened. That is one of the biggest douchey stories I have heard in a while.

I should mention we were in there for like two and a half hours. Granted, the NICS was taking a while, it took like half an hour for them to get back to him, but they were taking other customers, and doing work in the back for a while. It's pretty bad when a hoplophile such as myself gets bored in a gun store. I may end up going there, unfortunately, as they're the closest place I know that sells reloading supplies, but I'll never make a big ticket purchase there.

I do feel like treatment of customers like this is more common in NJ than in other states, since we really don't have as much of a choice other than to put up with it, since there is less competition. Bob's Little Sport shop, and Arms-and-Ammo are both fantastic stores fortunately, but it seems like every week another member on the forum is complaining about various gunstores.