iceburn68

S&W M&P15-22 Rifle

Anyone know why the NJ Compliant model of the S&W M&P15-22 Rifle (811031) is so hard to get these days? Are they behind in production?

Doesn't seem like anyone has one for sale or can get them right now...

Thanks for the help!

They eat any high velocity ammo I put through mine. It stacks m-22 ammo which is a 40 grain bullet at 100 yards, noticed 36 grain hollow points aren't as accurate out of mine. I suggest cleaning urs after every shooting session. Good luck buy plenty of ammo, I shot 2000 rounds the first month I had it.

Thanks, 2100 rounds just arrived at the house yesterday... I went with the Federal Bulk since most around here say it works well in most 22s...

As a new gun owner I did buy a cleaning kit but will have to spend some time on youtube & searching the forums to learn how to clean the both the 1911-22 and the m&p 15-22.... Or maybe someone at my future club (leaning towards sjsc) will take mercy and give me a hand on the first cleaning...

Thanks again!

Congrats, no need to clean it, and feel free to run the cheap stuff through the gun. I have had no failures and all I use are the cheap 36gr federal bulk packs. I have also put close to 2000 rounds through it since the last cleaning without any issues.

Anyone have luck getting this rifle in the MOE (Magpul) version? The Smith & Wesson model# is 81103.

They (S&W) also have "Performance Center" models with 2 stage triggers, Hogue grips.....

Are we "stuck" with just the standard models?

What are folks doing as far as red dots for this?

Thanks in advance!

I've had one for a year, and I've grown to like it more and more. Like jOn, I run Federal bulk pack through it, and it does just fine. Cleaning is really easy, much more so than for an AR. You should be able to find a video on YouTube that will walk you through it.

Anyone have luck getting this rifle in the MOE (Magpul) version? The Smith & Wesson model# is 81103.

They (S&W) also have "Performance Center" models with 2 stage triggers, Hogue grips.....

Are we "stuck" with just the standard models?

What are folks doing as far as red dots for this?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think S&W makes an NJ compliant MOE version from the factory. You'll probably end up spending more money getting an NJ compliant version then getting it neutered than just buying a regular version and then just buying the separate accessories yourself.

Red dots? I'm using a Vortex Strikefire on mine and and works just as well as any other. I have a Primary Arms NIB I'm been meaning to put up for sale that would work well also.

Cleaning? What's that? I got the California compliant model from TJ Sporting Arms and the stock was pinned at the position of my choosing. It does love the AR tactical ammo from CCI, but it seems to eat whatever I feed it. :D

post-1277-0-65853500-1336860738_thumb.jpg

Anybody know why S&W doesn't recommend to use remmington golden ammo? I bought a bulk pack while my rifle was on order and was very disappointed when I read that in the owners manual.

I never tried any Remington for the 15-22 and I actually never seen or heard anybody use it on the 15-22. Did you buy because it's cheap?? Because if you want to use cheap try Cci blazers bulk is pretty good but extremely dirty (only one ftf out almost 2 boxes of 500 rds) and Cci mini mags and Cci tactical.

Yeah, I have 2 or 3 bricks of that Golden crap I bought years ago. It will never see the inside of any of my guns again. It's SHTF barter stuff now!

I like Federal Bulk 525rd boxes for cheap plinking ammo

+1 to that. I've found it to be the most consistent bulk ammo out there. I've gone through entire boxes w/o a dud... which is pretty rare for inexpensive .22 LR.