Sign in to follow this  
Barms

suggestions for recoil pad for Moss 500

Brand new Moss 500 12 ga owner. Very bare bones minimum item. Sorry if i'm wussy, but the butt stock is just all plastic = very hard. Can anybody suggest a budget recoil stock or pad accessory i can add on? This is important: THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL for me. I'm not looking for $150 collapsable state of the art tactical butt stock. But i am willing to replace the entire butt stock if there is an affordable one that is more comfortable. I'm looking for something a bit more higher class than just a "slip on" cushion, but hey, if that works for people i'm all ears. Lets say keep it under a hundred bucks if possible.

When i google around there are just soooo many choices its overwhelming.. i'd like to get some suggestions first.. post links or detailed names i can search on.. Muchas Gracias..

the stock looks like this one.. this is not the extact shotty i own.. but the stock is like this one.. it has a LITTLE bit of padding/cushion but its pretty generic..

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76662/Mossberg+500SP+12g+18%22+6SH+CB+LIGHT

does that one just slip over the existing one i have in the picture? or does that slip over a "tactical" stock? are the ends of the stocks different size? (sorry i'm not good with the lingo yet..)

I have a Remington 870 tactical, and I just replaced the standard stock with with the Blackhawk pistol grip and adjustable stock. It comes with a nice recoil pad, and only costs $70. It is easy to install and handles the recoil better than the original stock, and the adjustability of the stock offers a better fit, I think. And they make it for both the Remington and the Mossberg.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SpecOps-NRS-Shotgun-Stock,1157,165.htm