SHY_Veritas

Good IWB holster for XD.45 5"

Thats going to be near impossible to conceal with summertime clothing, however would be doable during winter time. I use a holster from shielded holsters. No complaints

Yeah I know! I've tried the 4" XD but it still feels too small in my hands. I may have to give up some comfort to conceal carry.

Thanks! I like the pro stealth. I may get that one.

Are you *camping* or *hiking*?

I'm a big fan of the Remora Holsters... they would probably be fine for camping, but I don't know about the constant movement of hiking. I think any IWB holster would chaff your skin.

You may have to go OWB, especially since that gun is going to be chafing against your body if you are chopping trees for firewood or hiking long distances.

If you are just driving an RV to a camp site, you are probably fine with and OWB holster.

I think you may need to be more descriptive about this whole camping thing for me to get a better idea of the best type of holster. I'm a Jew, I've never been camping in my life. To me "roughing it" means a Motel 6.

Look into any sort of hybrid leather/kydex holster similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have a Mckenzie holster that I have comfortably concealed a full-size HK USP45 in under nothing but a t-shirt, and I am 5'10 170lbs.

Are you *camping* or *hiking*?

I'm a big fan of the Remora Holsters... they would probably be fine for camping, but I don't know about the constant movement of hiking. I think any IWB holster would chaff your skin.

You may have to go OWB, especially since that gun is going to be chafing against your body if you are chopping trees for firewood or hiking long distances.

If you are just driving an RV to a camp site, you are probably fine with and OWB holster.

I think you may need to be more descriptive about this whole camping thing for me to get a better idea of the best type of holster. I'm a Jew, I've never been camping in my life. To me "roughing it" means a Motel 6.

Lol. I'm going camping. Like gathering wood and stuff. I'm looking for a good knife too.

I like the corssbreed holsters personally. Also just so you know OC is perfectly legal in PA if you have a CCW and everywhere but philly without one. If you're int he woods it may be a lot more comfortable.

I know the owb are legal but you still have to keep it concealed right? It's going to be hard keeping it concealed with just a t shirt. With it being so long.

I know the owb are legal but you still have to keep it concealed right? It's going to be hard keeping it concealed with just a t shirt. With it being so long.

That's why you usually don't try to conceal a fullsize. I have a Beretta Nano for this purpose.....

NO, open carrying is perfectly legal in PA everywhere except for the city of philadelphia. and even that exception is negated when you have a valid carry permit.

Galco king tuk, I had one I ordered when I thought I was gunna buy a glock 30. That never happened so I tried it out around the house with my glock 21sf and I could wear just a tshirt on the lowest depth setting no show, I sold the holster to my buddy why has a glock 30, to buy the.one for my glock 23.

+ 1 on the Galco King Tuk if your primary concern is concealing the weapon. I have both the full size XD45 5" & XD45c 4" models. Both fit well in the King Tuk, and I can hide the 5" model easily under a loose tee-shirt (although the XD45c is more comfortable)... And anyone who has met me FTF will tell you that's a telling achievement of the holster. HOWEVER - for me the draw is slower than I'd like, because I have to wear it so low. But if concealment is your goal, with a good gun belt the king tuk does it's job.