JuanLJr

Confidence lost in my sig.

Sounds like you have a limp wrist and grip problem. You might have asked one of the range masters at Shore Shot to check you Sig out. They are exceptionally good dependable firearms

do not give up on your 229.

Scig

I agree..Sigs need a firm grip..limp wristing in a sig will dissipate the recoil needed to cycle the action..the slide needs to move, not your hands/arms..I have a P229 in 9mm as well as 40 s&w both flawless and both very well made..long extractors..both have well over 3500 rounds to date through them..P238 and P220 all perfect with various brands/type ammo..I did settle on Speer Lawman 165gr for range and Speer Gold Dot 165grain for SD..There was a problem with some SAS models 40 s&w recently but found to be over machined slides not long extractors.

I disagree on the limp wrist idea. Unless the shooter is riding the slide stop, or holding the pistol daintily between the tips of his fingers, a modern service pistol should lock back on the last round when using decent ammo, period. It is possible a weaker than normal grip is exposing a problem, but something is wrong with the gun. It needs to go to Sig.

One other thought, Sig has been known to be using crapola Checkmate magazines lately so trying some quality MecGars might not be a bad idea. A weak magazine spring or bad follower can cause failure to lock back.. You did not mention if the malfunction happens always with the same magazine or not.

But frankly for the amount you paid for this thing Sig should figure this out for you.

Well I should be getting my sig back in a day or 2, recieved email Friday night that its been shipped back to me. From 4 to 5 wks that I was told, all done in 1 wk. pretty good.

I just called sig customer service because I was curious to know what they found and I was told

They only adjusted the extractor, they put some rounds thru it and all good.

This weekend I got my 2nd shotgun a Benelli Nova Tactical so I have a good excuse to go to the range this week to test both of them.

Well I should be getting my sig back in a day or 2, recieved email Friday night that its been shipped back to me. From 4 to 5 wks that I was told, all done in 1 wk. pretty good.

I just called sig customer service because I was curious to know what they found and I was told

They only adjusted the extractor, they put some rounds thru it and all good.

This weekend I got my 2nd shotgun a Benelli Nova Tactical so I have a good excuse to go to the range this week to test both of them.

Sounds like they took care of you. Lets us know if the adjsutment they made took care of the problem.

I'm glad to hear that Sig made it right for you. I have a P229 Elite in 40 and have never had an issue in any way shape or form. I firmly believe in spending the extra money to have a firearm run thru the factory's custom shop to make it that much better. I hope in the next week or two to pick up a Sig P220 Compact SAS Elite.