Cemeterys Gun Blob

Garden State Black Powder Association??

What is the Garden State Black Powder Association??

I've seem them listed online, but nothing seems to be active or current.

A group of very friendly folks who promote the Second Amendment through their use of muzzleloading rifles, pistols and shotguns/smoothbores. They're based in Vernon Twp. in Sussex County NJ, and they have Shoots approx. 10 times a year or so on Farms in the Twp. They also run a pretty nice Historical Rendezvous that is pre-1840 up on a farm in Vernon on Columbus Day weekend. In addition, they also do several Shows a year with several "Stations" where the public (or School Kids) get to learn about all aspects of 19th Century Living History. During these events, the public gets to shoot blank charges in Mortars, a 5# English Canon, a flintlock or percussion rifle or shotgun. All this in addition to primitive archery, tomahawk throwing, cooking, sewing, even a real working Blacksmith Station where the public gets hands-on instruction! We pour our hearts and souls into doing one of these, and the next one will be at Collier's Mills WMA in Jackson NJ in September.

Some members are just Re-enactors, but most are pretty good shots with their front-stuffers, myself included. We shoot in the woods at Novelty Targets and steel gongs as part of a "Woods Walk", and most of the time we shoot at paper. We even shoot clay birds in the air once in a while. I'm their Pistol Shoot Chairman and I run their annual Pistol Shoot where we get at least 20 guns on the line at once making smoke!

We shoot on the last Sunday of the month up in Vernon......want to come and visit and get some smoke on yer face?

Dave

So that would be July 29th, and August 26th then.....what time does it start?

In the summer we start @ 9:00 am so we can get outta the heat and to the meeting place for lunch and a cool drink or two.

July 29th is the same Sunday as the Gunmaker's Fair at Dixon's in Kempton, PA, so we have a little lighter of a turn-out.

August will be the Pistol Shoot. I'll set-up both paper and Static Steel, and have one pepper-popper that is self-resetting! Good Blastin' Action, lol!

Dave

Sounds good..............been hunting with the flintlock.....smoothbores mostly since '89......nothin' beats it.

In the last several years, I've only used a centerfire to hunt with just once and that was at a Tower Shoot for pheasants. Otherwise, it's original black powder all of the time.

In the summer we start @ 9:00 am so we can get outta the heat and to the meeting place for lunch and a cool drink or two.

July 29th is the same Sunday as the Gunmaker's Fair at Dixon's in Kempton, PA, so we have a little lighter of a turn-out.

August will be the Pistol Shoot. I'll set-up both paper and Static Steel, and have one pepper-popper that is self-resetting! Good Blastin' Action, lol!

Dave

Might be out of town for the 29th, i'll mark my calender for the 26th of Aug.

Might be out of town for the 29th, i'll mark my calender for the 26th of Aug.

O-K! Now we're talkin'! It will be good to shoot Pistolas with you! I'm looking forward to it! I'll bump this thread down the road and we'll get a PM going to discuss the details.

Dave

I live nearby in Oak Ridge and would like to attend the event at the Farm next weekend.

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

The next Shoot is our Pistol Shoot. On the 26th of this month.

Please send me a PM with your contact info along with a cell number and the best time to call you so I can fill you in on what's in store.

You need any supplies or do you have everything you need to go bang for a pistol shoot? Let me know so I can bring extra if needed.

Chat soon!

Dave

Pistol Shoot Chairman

Garden State Black Powder Association