RubberBullets

Police raid Raritan twp man's home for suspected arsenal and intent to sell

Well said. Definitely more to the story. Glad that even when the police do the right thing the anti leo peanut gallery still has senseless comments. Sickens me

Joe,

I only call 'em as I see 'em. You and I never actually had the pleasure of shooting together--YET, but that day will come eventually. I earnestly am looking forward to it. I think we'll get a kick out of each other for sure. In the meantime, don't let the nay-sayers get to you. And have a good Father's Day!

Dave

If they have good evidence that this guy is guilty of the charges they listed out, then he looks like a real scumbag, and not some poor soul the DA decided to go after because they sold a AR even with compliant features to a fellow FPID holder while following all the laws...

On the other note, I don't blame the SWAT for going all tacticool. I'm sure they have been very bored waiting for a chance to gear up with all their toys. I know I would be!

I think the people of this state are just getting tired of having taxes that are sky high, but yet have almost nothing to show for it. I agree 100% on how the swat wants to dress up like they are a para-military force. How their budgets are the highest they have been EVER, just so they can get the cool kid toys. Nope, I see it and it outrages me. There is a growing "us VS them" mentality and it is not just on this board, it is across the country. The American people as a whole are tightening their belts but see everywhere else the govt is just spending money like a stoned teenager in hot topic in the mall.

I agree with this. And swat needs protective gear, but why do they have desert camo on?... come on guys. you look ridiculous.

Looks to be the Townsende Development in Flemington. I'm sure his neighbors were thoroughly scared when SWAT rolled in haha,

i was trying to figure out where it was but I couldn't place the development. I normally stay up near the Clinton area and don't get down to Flemington often.

I agree with this. And swat needs protective gear, but why do they have desert camo on?... come on guys. you look ridiculous.

Who cares what color they wear? Black and navy get hot in the summer. Maybe people will be happy if they wore pink?

You want them to wear a dress uniform? All I know is when I was on a police dept I ruined about one pair of uniform pants a month on the average at $40 a pair when I was clearing $200 a week and $250 a year uniform allowance. I would have welcomed a cheaper alternative.

Who cares what color they wear? Black and navy get hot in the summer. Maybe people will be happy if they wore pink?

You want them to wear a dress uniform? All I know is when I was on a police dept I ruined about one pair of uniform pants a month on the average at $40 a pair when I was clearing $200 a week and $250 a year uniform allowance. I would have welcomed a cheaper alternative.

I would imagine a cheaper alternative for them would be the Woodland BDU's that they used to wear, but are somehow obsolete now.

Lots of haters here. Let's get some more facts before we start to pass judgement on anyone or anything, and the SWAT comments, really?

As far as the camo goes Hunterdon county still has many rural areas where that pattern would come in very handy if necessary. Haven't I read on here many times as an arguement "Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it."

I myself would love to have access to some of the firearms and equiptment these guys get to use and train with. The truth of the matter is I could never do their job or for that matter any first responders job. I just wouldn't want or enjoy the constant stress that law enforcement and first responders have to deal with on a daily basis.

No one was killed or hurt in this incident, including the accused. To that I will comment a job well done.

I think the people of this state are just getting tired of having taxes that are sky high, but yet have almost nothing to show for it. I agree 100% on how the swat wants to dress up like they are a para-military force. How their budgets are the highest they have been EVER, just so they can get the cool kid toys. Nope, I see it and it outrages me. There is a growing "us VS them" mentality and it is not just on this board, it is across the country. The American people as a whole are tightening their belts but see everywhere else the govt is just spending money like a stoned teenager in hot topic in the mall.

Well said. We have too many police departments in our country. Local, country, state and federal. It's not efficient.

Well said. We have too many police departments in our country. Local, country, state and federal. It's not efficient.

That's because this is America and that's the way its always been. Regionalized policing has been hashed around since the 70s. No one and I'm talking the citizens here doesn't want to give up their turf. The prsent system is better than say just a national and state police.

I'm sure the fact that he is a prohibited person had something to do with it as well.

http://www.nj.com/hu..._arreste_1.html

I love how the pic of him getting cuffed has the tag "a democrat reader". Not to turn this into a political debate, but what exactly does the political affiliation of someone submitting a photo have to do with anything?

I love how the pic of him getting cuffed has the tag "a democrat reader". Not to turn this into a political debate, but what exactly does the political affiliation of someone submitting a photo have to do with anything?

:facepalm: The "Hunterdon County Democrat" is the name of the local paper.