Ivana Revolver

Hello from Toms River...and HELP!

Hello from Toms River:

I applied for my permit and was finger-printed on March 25th. Three months later, still no permit. I stopped by the TRPD in May and they said my app was "upstairs" being investigated. I even contacted State Sen. Holzapfel, along with Assemblymen McGuckin, & Wolfe. Someone from Holzapfel's office called staing they followed up with TRPD in May, and were told (quite rudly) that "its common for the process to takes this long". I have NO criminal history or mental problems, and I was even approved for a nursing license in 2011...that only took 2 weeks! I'm wrote the governor today and I'm really fed up. At what point do I get a lawyer?

Thanks in advance,

~A novice in TR

Welcome. Are you initiating the process for the first time, i.e. FID and permit to purchase a hangun? You mention "permit" Is it a permit to simply (and I use simple because it works in the sentence not that anything is simple here in NJ) purchase a handgun? Or is it a carry permit? It's not uncommon to wait 3-4 months for anything firearm related. 2-3 is average. If it's a carry permit, good luck. Personally, I wouldn't start throwing out lightening bolts until maybe mid July. That's just me.

Having said that, welcome again to the forums. You'll learn a lot.

Welcome. My first permits and FID took 59 days over 2 years ago. Permits ever since have taken less time, till now. I applied March 15 and have been to the station twice so far. They're telling me 30 people a day are applying for permits and they're backed up, but it's in the last stages of the background check. I know the chief was on vacation last week, so I'm thinking this week or next. It may be wishful thinking but hope springs eternal.

I have been waiting for 2 ppp's since march10 when I applied.

I have called every 30 days first was in background check then up stairs but the last time they were rude and told me they are getting into march's paper work(I called on the 12th of this month) and then they hung up on me.

I find this hard to believe cause my syster applied for fid back in February and thay haven't called her.

Tj462nj I'm still waiting for TR PD. Thanks for being so patient (have already purchased a pistol from woo hoo)

By the way, welcome from another Toms River target practicing NUT!

...They're telling me 30 people a day are applying for permits and they're backed up...

And they say people are not worried about a coming civil unrest...? It is also interesting that manufacturers are so backed up that some of them have suspended taking orders for a couple of months to get caught up with backorders.

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

:hi:

post-2785-0-03996400-1337835331_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Are you initiating the process for the first time, i.e. FID and permit to purchase a hangun? You mention "permit" Is it a permit to simply (and I use simple because it works in the sentence not that anything is simple here in NJ) purchase a handgun? Or is it a carry permit? It's not uncommon to wait 3-4 months for anything firearm related. 2-3 is average. If it's a carry permit, good luck. Personally, I wouldn't start throwing out lightening bolts until maybe mid July. That's just me.

Having said that, welcome again to the forums. You'll learn a lot.

Yes, this is my first time and I applied for both. The first woman I dealt with was helpful and polite. Everytime I go back, I get the battle axe...you know who I mean.

Thank you one and all for your advice and warm welcome!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

Welcome to the Forum and the way it is in some towns in the PR of NJ. Doesn't make it right but I would contact whoever else you can think of, from the Captain to the Mayor and click the link in my Sig for the NJ2AS and let them know.

Also post in the NJ compliance thread here on the forum..

A Heads up. I got the call and permits are in. So when I got there the lady had such a large handful of envelopes she needed 2 hands to hold them.

So be ready to check voicemails/answering services. I called my sister who applied for her fid a month before I applied for permits and they called her today also???

I don't know how I missed you.

If you think that this process is frustrating, we could use your help. NJ2AS is working to fight these laws.

Watch the video below and seriously consider spending the $35 to join the New Jersey Second Amendment Society: nj2as.org

What gun are you thinking of getting?

3 months that's not bad Jackson is going on 7 months. The funny thing is each town gives the same bs answers so backed up, the chief is on vacation whatever else!!! It really sucks that's you have to wait 3 months and the really bad thing is that I would be happy with 3 months that's how bad it really is, they have us by the short ones and we can't do crap about it!!!!! Well anyway welcome to the forum and good luck with the process!!!

Welcome.. I thought I had it bad with 64 days but damn 7 months???? Holy shhhh...cow!!!! I called the PD after the 30th day, no call backs then the next week called again and left a message, the the week after I finally got a hold of the DET. Told me some BS about the township doing thier own investigation blah blah blah. Then about 2 weeks finally got the call.

IMO keep tabs on them atleast once a week let them know you are serious, make sure you get a hold of the person that's handling your APP. Basically I was on my third month. I'm trying my luck again, already applied for 2 more PP, let's see how long this takes.

My best suggestion for anybody is to speak politely and properly to the DET. then they have no reason to give you attitude, bcoz the DET in my township is known to be an A-HOLE, well he wasn't like that to me at all on the phone.

Welcome. My first permits and FID took 59 days over 2 years ago. Permits ever since have taken less time, till now. I applied March 15 and have been to the station twice so far. They're telling me 30 people a day are applying for permits and they're backed up, but it's in the last stages of the background check. I know the chief was on vacation last week, so I'm thinking this week or next. It may be wishful thinking but hope springs eternal.

30 people a day? i call shenanigans....

30 people a day? i call shenanigans....

That's obvious. While I was on line at the precinct, there was a Seaside LEO who didn't get all of his permits. The clerk apologized and told him he would have to reapply, but that the clerk would "expedite" his paperwork and have it within a month. Really, what's up with that!

If you contact Chief Mastronardy's office and politely ask for a status on your permit

and explain that you have a clean back round and just wanted to info on what 9if anything)

was holding up the approval - I'm sure you will get a reasonable response and just might get

things going a little faster...........

Good Luck!