Sabeast

Looking For A Range In Northern/Central NJ....NOT BULLETHOLE!

My first time shooting at Bullethole 2 weeks ago wasn't too good. Don't get me wrong it was fun BUT, the range officer left the range for about 20minutes to help a customer. In my opinion I felt like my life was at risk, every lane was occupied with shooters why would you leave? So I'm looking for a range to go to that isn't too far from me.

You didn't define your location. There is RTSP in Randolph, there's a new range coming somewhere around Woodland Park, some time soon or now, I've not been following it. There is the Bayonne Range and further north and west is Cherry Ridge. Not much north of 80 and east of 287.

The woodland park range has not even started yet. They knocked down the building and it's just an empty lot last time I drive by.

RTSP and Bayonne Pistol Range would be your ideal places in northern nj.

I know the BH takes some hits, and sometimes they are legit, but I've NEVER seen only one RO at the place at one time, and have never seen it unattended.

Did you bring this to anyone's attention out front when leaving? Seems it would be a huge liability problem, and something they should know about.

depending on where you are just drive to Heritage Guild in Easton. It's 40 min for me to get to BH and 45 min for me to get to Easton...much nicer range and if you're there early no problem getting in on weekends. Show up after 10 and you'll be waiting.

depending on where you are just drive to Heritage Guild in Easton. It's 40 min for me to get to BH and 45 min for me to get to Easton...much nicer range and if you're there early no problem getting in on weekends. Show up after 10 and you'll be waiting.

Agreed. Well worth the trip, and you can knock the price down to $15 per session by buying a five-session pass for $75. Also, I believe if you are in a buyin' mood, you can have handguns selected at the Easton shop shipped to one of their NJ locations at no charge.

You didn't define your location. There is RTSP in Randolph, there's a new range coming somewhere around Woodland Park, some time soon or now, I've not been following it. There is the Bayonne Range and further north and west is Cherry Ridge. Not much north of 80 and east of 287.

Oh god, please be an awesome range when you finally get built. It'll be like ten minutes from me!

anyone have any info on the range being bulit in woodland park? ie outdoor/indoor/distances?

only about 15 mins from me :D

Indoor, 50 yds rifle allowed not sure up to what caliber. They have demoed the old building that was there but no new walls are up yet. So don't hold your breath, it will be at least a few more months.

Seeing all the grief that Lucianos is going through try to open their store, I'd be surprised if things go smoothly opening the range.

They ordered the material will be done by the holidays for what I heard.

Any time frame on when the store is opening? I'm holding off on a few purchases to give you guys some business. I'm not in a rush to get them, so I'm trying to wait.

I've been going to bullet hole pretty frequently over the last few weeks and I have to say I've been having nothing but good experiences. Never saw the floor without an RO either. In my experience as of late, he's been pretty observant of things going on in the shooting area.

I haven't been to many ranges but I can't complain about this place at all.

I know the BH takes some hits, and sometimes they are legit, but I've NEVER seen only one RO at the place at one time, and have never seen it unattended.

Did you bring this to anyone's attention out front when leaving? Seems it would be a huge liability problem, and something they should know about.

No it was my first time shooting there with my buddy who's a regular there. I was really close to saying something, but didn't bother. Everyone in there always has a pissed off face. I'm gonna check out rtsp, how old bridge club work? Heard bad things about Bayonne.

I'll tell you if you can wing it and it's really not too far, you may be better off joining a club.

A few things to consider, Public range, you never know what you are going to see happen, a lot of yahoo's there and I just don't like going to them anymore. Way too many inexperienced and unsafe shooters for me. Not to say they are all unsafe or anything, it's just you will run into more of them "WTF" was that person doing situations at a public range.

With that said, I club, especially like the one I belong to, I can rapid fire, I can shoot Shotguns, rifles, handguns. I can set up multiple targets in the pits, set up steel and run and gun if I like. There is a lot more freedom, and a lot more fun to be had.

Now clubs are not for everyone, some are just happy shooting paper and slow fire, some clubs are just too far away, and some are just more coin than someone is willing to spend.

Here is one other think the think about when choosing where to shoot, I joined a rage that was cheaper than the club at first. It cost me 45 to 60 minutes each way depending on traffic, then factor in the cost of driving. This cheaper range cost me more in the first 3 months I was a member in gas and time than if I just joined the club. I did that the 3rd month and have been very happy, plus I meet a lot of great people and a bunch of new shooting sports that no take up a lot of my free time.. lol

Definitely check out RTSP (rtsponline.com) . I was going to the Bullet Hole for a few months. I didn't particularly enjoy the experience, but it was still a place to go and shoot. A friend heard about RTSP. One visit and I joined. It does get busy, but with a little trial and error, you'll find times that work for you that aren't very crowded.

I've been to Bullet Hole about 8 times, and while it has its pros and cons, I have never seen the room without a RO on site. It isn't located in the nicest area and isn't a clean/modern range like RTSP, but it gets the job done, the customer service in general has been friendly, and you can shoot there.

I too would like to find an ideal range in the area. RTSP is very nice, but both times I went (on wkds) it has been totally packed with long wait times (for the range and to even speak to an employee at the counter).

Praying for a new range to open...

The Woodland Park range is supposed to be done around January . Its directly off Rt 46 on Mcbride Ave next to the car wash. The store itself should be open soon,like within this week or so. Same location. I can almost spit to it ,its about 8 minutes away from me.