Njgunowner

Brick Armory - back to moron status

So I was BA today, and they have some 20 something kid running the range. He's in there with some other idiot who thinks its a WONDERFUL idea to fire an M4 as fast as they possibly can. Then, some other idiot at the other end thinks, hey if they can do it so can I, and HE starts blasting away as fast as he can pull the trigger. And the range idiot in charge seems to think this is wonderful.

Now I've been yelled at more than once there for pulling the trigger once every 2 seconds, let alone as fast as I possibly could so I KNOW they aren't supposed to be allowing it. I don't think they had a single employee there tonight over 25 which is pretty stupid, especially since no one there thought to put a stop to it.

I'll be calling them tomorrow to complain, and yes I did my complaining while there in person as well. I'm seriously considering asking for my membership fee back if they can't do it the right way. My cousin already caught a ricochet shot in back at a range for lack of competent range officers (At Bass Pro in Springfield, MO no less) I don't need to do the same.

No wonder people were saying they thought the place unsafe.

On the flip side they have a 2 toned Colt 1911, couple of Springfield 1911's in, a few Beretta's.

They don't have a rapid fire policy there, I understand range courtesy but the kid who was in there wasn't letting someone break the rules, hell they taught me how to bump fire my Ar there. do what I do when some Dick wad next to me is pissing me off, and ask them to chill. But hey good luck, ask for Phill when u call.

They scared the crap out of me the last time I was there, they were doing a birth day party and in the lane next to me they break out a full auto m16, ummmm yea lol pay back was fun, grabbed my shotgun , shot everytime he started to talk, eventually.he got the hint he was annoying me and stopped shooting fa

They don't have a rapid fire policy there, I understand range courtesy but the kid who was in there wasn't letting someone break the rules, hell they taught me how to bump fire my Ar there. do what I do when some Dick wad next to me is pissing me off, and ask them to chill. But hey good luck, ask for Phill when u call.

BS, they've told me and others while I was at the range multiple times that rapid fire IS NOT ALLOWED. And I DON'T miss, it not like I'm bouncing them off walls.

BS, they've told me and others while I was at the range multiple times that rapid fire IS NOT ALLOWED. And I DON'T miss, it not like I'm bouncing them off walls.

If you go on their website, they have a list of rules... which that is not included in the 16 rules.

However, you must obey the range officers/personnel (rule 10). So, if one tells you not to empty magazines as fast as you can, you should listen. If they enforce that against you, then let others do it, I would have a problem with that. Nevertheless, that really isn't the case. To be fair, you cannot link the two incidents together, being there may have been circumstances that you weren't aware of, which the range officer wanted people to slow down on that day.

U sure u weren't at shore shot there the only ones I know that doesn't allow rapid fire. As long as your safe I haven't seen them say anything to anyone. I had a membership there before I let it go. I would use my holster, do body armour checks, the ro would come over tell me what I'm doing wrong and then stick around to help me out. I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you don't Luke rapid fire go join shore shot.

That 20 something probably has been in more combat fire fights than most people at these ranges. He is obviously qualified or he wouldn't have been hired for the job. Your reference to him with not knowing a thing about him is disrespectful to him, and not in good taste.

What safety rules were broken when you were there? I didn't see any that you listed. People practice shooting fast for various reasons. Competition shooting requires it, as well as practicing for self defense.

I see nothing wrong with what you witnessed. But to each his own.

That 20 something probably has been in more combat fire fights than most people at these ranges. He is obviously qualified or he wouldn't have been hired for the job. Your reference to him with not knowing a thing about him is disrespectful to him, and not in good taste.

What safety rules were broken when you were there? I didn't see any that you listed. People practice shooting fast for various reasons. Competition shooting requires it, as well as practicing for self defense.

I see nothing wrong with what you witnessed. But to each his own.

+100

So I was BA today, and they have some 20 something kid running the range. He's in there with some other idiot who thinks its a WONDERFUL idea to fire an M4 as fast as they possibly can. Then, some other idiot at the other end thinks, hey if they can do it so can I, and HE starts blasting away as fast as he can pull the trigger. And the range idiot in charge seems to think this is wonderful.

Now I've been yelled at more than once there for pulling the trigger once every 2 seconds, let alone as fast as I possibly could so I KNOW they aren't supposed to be allowing it. I don't think they had a single employee there tonight over 25 which is pretty stupid, especially since no one there thought to put a stop to it.

I'll be calling them tomorrow to complain, and yes I did my complaining while there in person as well. I'm seriously considering asking for my membership fee back if they can't do it the right way. My cousin already caught a ricochet shot in back at a range for lack of competent range officers (At Bass Pro in Springfield, MO no less) I don't need to do the same.

No wonder people were saying they thought the place unsafe.

On the flip side they have a 2 toned Colt 1911, couple of Springfield 1911's in, a few Beretta's.

If I were you I would seriously consider joining Range 14 or some other bench rest Range.

Forgive me everyone, but other than function-firing a few rounds (at night) to check feeding, why are you shooting a rifle at 25 yards, INDOORS? I just don't get it.......