JWGlock23

Another rare addition to my collection

A little over a month ago I got my hands on what I was told was a rare firearm.

It is an original 1975 Beretta 92 in 9 para ((pre F, FS etc)

This is the first run of Berettas 92 series pistol with a frame mounted safety, mag release on the lower right end of the grip, lanyard loop and rounded trigger guard. It is DA/SA, but unlike the newer 92's it can be carried "cocked and locked". From what I understand there were only 5000 of these pistols manufactured. It is marked on the frame with "Inter-American, Sac'to CA

If anyone knows anything else about this gun, feel free to let me know.

46cd51e2.jpg

0fee7ef2.jpg

f4de1505.jpg

a098e828.jpg

b892e104.jpg

I have the 92S and believe it or not, Wikipedia had some dope on them.... Might want to give it a check to see if anyone updated it. Just a thought.

Thank you. It kinda fell into my hands and I had to scoop it up. I had never seen one like it I assumed it wasn't common. Hours of google didn't yield anything either since it just popped up with FS info

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

these were Beretta 92 pistols made under license in Brazil under a military/police contract. After the contract, the machines and factory used to make these pistols were sold to Taurus.

is it made in Italy or Brazil? The Italian made 92 are the ones that had a run limited of about 5000 pistols.

Anyone know if this would fit into a FS holster?

There's no reason why it shouldn't, the basic silhouette of the 92 didn't change until rails and brigadier slides showed up. Jump on the Beretta Forum and search around, you should find a great deal of info on your gun.

It is pretty rare, nice grab.