NJ_609

New Member Atlantic County

The only ranges in Atlantic County are the police range in EHT, which is open on weekends for civilians, and the State WMA range in Mullica. The WMA range is for shotgun and rimfire only.

Yeah, I've been to the WMA range before with my friend, don't you have to have a hunting license to use it? It's the one off Weymouth road I think.

Never been to the police range, but since I'm not a member of SJSC (and the fact that it's pretty far) I haven't invited him to go there. Well, I mean SJSC is close to me, but not to him.

Yeah, it's right on Elwood-Weymouth Rd. One person in the group needs to have a current hunting license to use it. I actually just got my hunting license yesterday for the sole purpose of using that range; I really have no desire to hunt...

Here's the link for the Atlantic County range: http://www.aclink.org/publicsafety/FTF/ I've never been there on a weekend, so I'm not sure how crowded it gets.

Yeah, my buddy has his hunting license just so we can use that range for skeet and stuff. I want to bring my .22 there too, since I love rifle shooting.

That range is where i figured out that my noise-cancelling sony headphones, which I always have at work actually make for a really good hearing protection when I don't have any ear plugs.

For the Atlantic County Range... it is Mandatory that you take the pistol/rifle safety course before you are allowed on the range.. it's a once in a lifetime thing from what i herd.. I just missed the course this Past weekend... August 11th they had one! I'll call and ask for the next course.,, def worth the one time one hour class, as i would have to drive an hour just about everywhere else anyway.... and a safety course for your boss might actually be a good thing!

Oh yea! Welcome good ol 609!!!

Welcome! What police department did you get your FID from, and how long did it take?

egg harbor township and it took maybe a month and a half which i thought was pretty quick. my refrences were a cop and a sheriff maybe because im in the military it went quicker but everyone was telling me it usually takes much longer

egg harbor township and it took maybe a month and a half which i thought was pretty quick. my refrences were a cop and a sheriff maybe because im in the military it went quicker but everyone was telling me it usually takes much longer

Awesome, that's great to hear... I'm moving to EHT next month as soon as my house is finished being built. My next stop after getting my license changed at the DMV is to EHT PD for the new FID & a few permits. My Fiance will be applying for her initial FID too.

I am also in EHT and have a question. My dad passed away in 03 and I recently found his shotgun that the rest of us forgot about since it was packed away. I have never purchased or owned a firearm in this state and would like to know what, if anything, I need to do to go to the range, hunt or take it out of state to go hunting.

Thanks

Update : I found the FID form and have one question - why do they ask for the names and addresses of two people?