iceburn68

SJSC - South Jersey Shooting Club +1

Hey all,

Thanks for the many recommendations to join SJSC as a new guy to shooting in South Jersey. Everyone that worked at the club was very kind and the 45min orientation was actually very helpful. Once down at the range everyone was enjoyable to shoot with and a few individuals went out of their way to teach me about the guns I had purchased so far, showed me an array of other guns and let me try many of them, and contributed to a great day at the range that ended up being around 7 hours total... and that was just at the 25yrd range...

It was also very helpful knowing what to bring to the range from the list I compiled based on forum posts here so you all had a hand in making the perfect first day...

Thanks to all and I'm happy to call SJSC home...

:preved:

what was the list that was helpful things to bring to the range me and wife was just looking into sjsc thx

The few things I can think of besides the usual stuff guns ammo eye and ear protextion

I don't know if you need cardboard target backers targets a staple gun to hang targets screwdriver or tool kit to do little things like adjust sights and the like. These are just a few of the things I take to cjrpc someone might want to add not shore what south jersey has and doesn't have

It wasn't a specific post, just kind of compiled a list in my head... (Forgive the basics if you are an advanced shooter, i am not)

• Shooting Glasses
  • Hearing Protection
  • Targets : NJGF Targets
  • Staple Gun (For Hanging Targets)
  • A sharpie and a regular pen (For marking targets, etc)
  • Multiple magazines for your guns (I only had 1 for each and immediately ordered 2 more for each when i got home, this is due to time between when you can reload and shoot again waiting for others to finish due to flag system with people shooting closer than 25yrd)
  • FID (Don't leave home without it)
  • Hat/Sunglasses
  • Sandbag (If you want to shoot a rifle stationary, they have some but they are pretty beat up)

I'll list any more i think of as the day continues...

It's a great club overall, and the one I call 'home'. The rifle ranges are my favorite part.

There is a full sports shop on site now in case you forget the basics, but you do need your own:

Eyewear

hearing protection

staple gun (tape just doesn't get the job done)

You do not need your own target backers, as the club provides plywood backers .

Like any range, there are those who get a bit too lax in the rules at the pistol / 25 yard range. For your own safety be a good example and follow the flag system at all times and hopefully it will reinforce safe behavior in others. On busy weekends I've seen things at the pistol range that made my hair turn white, mostly due to people agreeing to 'walk up' and shoot closer while someone at the line is still fiddling with their guns. The rules are clearly in place, and seem to be strictly followed at the rifle ranges. The more examples of responsible behavior we give, the less this will likely happen in the future ( I hope).

See you there sometime.