Heavyopp

1st Sunday of the month -- Steel @ OB????

So is there steel this weekend? No calendar up as of this posting.

My son and I are in if there is this sunday. We'll both be shooting .22 rimfires.

Jer

Jer,

Not only Steel, but Shotgun AND Black Powder!

Parking will be at a PREMIUM, so take as few vehicles as possible so there's room for us all to park. Sharing a ride is a good idea on the 1st and 3rd Sundays!

It's going to be a hot one, so bring along plenty of water too!

See you there!

Dave

Any idea if they are going to run 2 separate sessions on Sunday? My wife is busy in the AM and I will have my kids. What time would that second session kick off?

This is fairly new ' concept ' , and has only happened once so far.

The 2nd session kicked off as soon as the 1st was done, last time I think it started around 1 or so.... but I suppuse it really depends on how long or early the 1st session ends....... Or if they even decide to have 2 sessions

Any idea if they are going to run 2 separate sessions on Sunday? My wife is busy in the AM and I will have my kids. What time would that second session kick off?

Best solution would be to email or call the League Chairman (listed in the newsletter and/or emails with scores).

Worst case scenario is to have Alec or someone else submit a score sheet on your behalf, so when you get there, you just find the group and start shooting. Even if you don't shoot all of the stages, you'll still get some trigger time in Jim! You're not going to win a Cadillac anyway (neither am I!)......

Anyone know how the fees will work with my son. He's 12. Will he be able to shoot under my membership?

He'll pay member rates, as is the custom, since he's not a "non-member". Old Bridge encourages "youngins'" to participate, as we should!

BUY plenty of ammo NOW Dad!

And good luck!

Dave

My "Youngin" used to shoot black powder with me all of the time, lol! Enjoy these times, before he grows-up and moves away.....

My "Youngin" used to shoot black powder with me all of the time, lol! Enjoy these times, before he grows-up and moves away.....

He's been shooting with me a few years now... Last year we took up skeet shooting -- Nothing formal, just throw your own stuff -- We reload our shells and I know I used 2000+ primers for him

I'm hoping steel has the same effect and is fun enough to keep him interested ---

He's been shooting with me a few years now... Last year we took up skeet shooting -- Nothing formal, just throw your own stuff -- We reload our shells and I know I used 2000+ primers for him

I'm hoping steel has the same effect and is fun enough to keep him interested ---

I started my son when he was four. Sent $25.00 a quarter to the NRA since birth and by the time he was five he is a NRA Life Member!

I really like the times we spent (and spend) together at the range. It makes my heart feel good when I see kids at the range with their parents! Treasure these moments, for in a blink they're in HS and college!

You may want to bring him to PPC to shoot turning Silhouettes. Lots of kids his age or so are doing it successfully and having a great time, with some of them scoring higher than the adults, lol! $5.00 per Relay buys some good times and encourages good habits and increased marksmanship. .22's are fine at PPC and some kids are shooting 9mm's as well. I taught mine to do it with a revolver (of course!).

It was too hot today to have fun, I'm a wuss............. They had a cool side match after the regular match was over. That would have been cool to participate in, but I was done after the 3rd stage. It was a man vs. man competition, or woman vs. man since we had some ladies there today.

Looked like the two shooters shot at the same time to hit the steel plates, then there were two small knock-down targets to determine the winner. The first to knock over the small plate was the winner. Loser was out, winner would compete again later. Reminds me of drag racing. They had a $5 per person entry fee, final two competitors got the loot! :)

As a final note: They let everyone shoot for free! Yay for our club! I thank Rich and Al and whomever else was involved in doing that for all of us that participated today. The guests were really grateful too, saved them $20 a head. Thanks again guys!

And thanks to all the RO's that stood in the hot sun today. I did a lot of scoring, I know how brutal it was.

Yeh, it was a hot one today. Left with some sunburn, ouch! no biggie.

Shot like crap today, as usual !

The Man vs Man knockdown side match was a blast! I would of gone alot further if it wasnt for them pesky triangles!

As a side note for those who are regulars for sunday steel events, as per the newsletter the am - pm 2 session thing is no more, if you have 2 guns you will shoot them all in one session. Check the newseltter for more details