Sign in to follow this  
Clintoon Eastwood

First time shooting an m1a03 and a saiga from the members of EFGA

Yesterday was a great day, first off it was my 7th year wedding anniversary and no I didn't forget. I sent a surprise edible arrangement package to the wife's workplace and she was extremely happy.

Second, since she was working till late and I had the whole afternoon to myself, so I decided to go to the range. EFGA is about an hour drive for me but it's worth it. This was my third time going to my club and the first time going on a weekday and I was very surprised that only 2 other people were on the rifle range firing line.

Third, after getting setup, the RO called "range is cold" then while setting up our targets, I got to talk to a member on this forum that lives the next town over from me, about his saiga 7.62. Long story short he bought his saiga from A&A and was extremely happy. Then he offered me to shoot it, right before they packed up. This Saiga was pretty damn accurate at 100 yards using the stock iron sights.

Last but not the least, after they left there was one guy shooting a Springfield military surplus m1a03 that he purchased in the 90's for around $400. As I was minding my own business shooting, he suddenly yells out "would you like to try it? I saved 5 rounds for you" so I happily replied with a big smile, "HELL YEAH"

So, I finally got to shoot a legendary gun that might have been used in WW2 and I finally got to shoot and feel what this SAIGA phenomenon is all about. The people at EFGA have been so nice to me and I will most likely be a long time member at this range.

And I still haven't shot a firearm I didn't like.

there was one guy shooting a Springfield military surplus m1a03

Glad you had a good time and happy anniversary. I think you got your nomenclature a little mixed up. If it was a semi-auto it was probably an M1 Garand. If it was a bolt action, then it was probably a 1903-A3. Either way, great fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Glad you're having a wonderful time at YOUR Range! Joining a private club is one of the best things you'll ever do shooting-wise. Yesterday wasn't the exception--it's normally the rule, since folks aren't "on-the-clock" they can be really nice and play show and tell and SHOOT, lol!

Glad you had a great time! And if that rifle was WW2 era, Bob's right (as usual), it's a M-1 Garand (I have one too) if it was semi-auto.

Dave

Glad you had a good time and happy anniversary. I think you got your nomenclature a little mixed up. If it was a semi-auto it was probably an M1 Garand. If it was a bolt action, then it was probably a 1903-A3. Either way, great fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sorry sir, i probably am wrong but it said something -03 near the end Of the barrel. All I am sure about is, it was Springfield.

You cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn box, didn't you :B:):

Yup, went from 6 to midnite. Hahaha

Glad you're having a wonderful time at YOUR Range! Joining a private club is one of the best things you'll ever do shooting-wise. Yesterday wasn't the exception--it's normally the rule, since folks aren't "on-the-clock" they can be really nice and play show and tell and SHOOT, lol!

Glad you had a great time! And if that rifle was WW2 era, Bob's right (as usual), it's a M-1 Garand (I have one too) if it was semi-auto.

Dave

Yes, sir I had a great time. All I know is that it was a Springfield and it shot 30-06 bullet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By M1152
      Low miles Saiga 308 for sale, includes the following:
              One - SGM 10 round magazine         Two- OEM 8 round mags.         SGM Muzzle Brake         160 rounds of WPA Polyformance .308Win 145 grain FMJ         Tapco G2 Double hook trigger         922r compliance $1250 cash/firm and buyer pays transfer fee. I am in Mercer but willing to do limited travel to one of the NJ Gun forum FFL’s like JT or Monmouth Arms if they could do it. Scope and scope mount are not included. Serious inquiries only via PM and first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale. All NJ laws apply to transfer

• By NJDevil1044
      Is there ANYONE out there that has a fair amount of experience in converting the 308 Saiga?  I've got it broken down and converted over to PG, and I bought and installed the Dinzag FCG, but I Futzed up the Safety Selector (I think, Brian says its fixable) so I went out and bought another standard AK Safety selector just in case, but I've been working on this rifle for over 6 months and I've absolutely had my fill.  I just need someone who has experience with installing and reassembling the Saiga-308 Fire Control Group and Safety Selector......After that the rifle will be completed, but at this point I'm ready to take a sledge to it, and could really use the assistance of someone with more patience, more technical/mechanical experience, and someone who has hopefully dealt with converting the Saiga-308 before.  At this point I don't even care if the BHO device comes out or not, I just want the rifle to function (safely) like a standard PG AK-308 rifle.  I'd be more than willing to compensate or trade smithwork on an AR-15 or Any milsurp rifles, ass that is my main forte.  If ANYONE can help, I'm located in Central/South Jersey, not far from Trenton, right on the Burlington/Mercer County Border, and I also work 5 days a week in Ocean County, so I can bring the rifle to you if you prefer to work on it at your place at your leisure.  I have no real timeframe on this, as long as someone can get it reassembled correctly in a reasonable period for a reasonable fee.  I also asked Brian Smithwick for assistance, but I highly doubt he'll have the time, as helpful and kind as he is, he's already slammed with work.  So, If anyone can help, please either e-mail me at [email protected] or Text/Call my cell @ 732-610-8546
    • By Mark@3R1
      Finally finished my Saiga conversion.

The crowning jewel is the new furniture from Ironwood Designs.

• By NJDevil1044
      I just picked up a new project gun and could use a little help if anyone could lend a hand, or even some advice. The Beer/hard Cider will be on me. OR if you know how to do it really well and prefer to work alone and could do it for a fair price, I have/will be acquiring all the necessary parts, but I just acquired a Saiga .308 caliber and would like to do the full AK conversion on it, which on this rifle, main just consists of moving forward the trigger group. I have the pistol Grip and Stock I want to put on it, I'll be getting a Tapco G2 Trigger group, and eventually actual wooden AK furniture and a real AK Gas tube to do the forearm, but now, I mainly need help with moving the trigger group forward so I can put on my pistol grip and new stock. If anyone know how to do this USING THE EXISTING TRIGGER GROUP AND JUST RELOCATING IT, even better......but If anyone would care to either make a few dollars doing it for me, or hang out and show me how to do it, like I said, the Beers on me. Please email me here or at [email protected] or call me at 732-610-8546. Thanks all......Its not that I couldn't do this myself with the help of Youtube, but I just thought it's be cool to meet someone else who enjoys tinkering with guns and making projects out of them like I do. I just moved to the Cental/South Jersey Area from the Coast and would like to meet some like minded people to hang out with. Thanks all.
    • By Tack Tickle
      http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/81152/