byanymeansnecessary

first time buy regret

brought sw9ve first buy now alittle smarter about what i want how do i go about replacing it do i have to sell it and get another

permit take back to store an try to trade it but will i need to get another permit want the glock that a 9 but convert to 40

inventory

glock 21

12gauge

ar15 5.56

Honestly, you're post is very confusing, at least to me. Not trying to sound rude at all but you might want to take a little time to look your posts over before posting them, they are just a bit jumbled.

I believe you're trying to say you did not like your purchase of a S&W Sigma and you want to replace it while unsure of how to replace it. You'd prefer to have a Glock in 9mm that can convert barrels to .40?

If that is true, YES you will need another permit whether you trade it in or sell it. If you don't have another permit, you're going to have to re-apply to your township PD for permits. It would be a good idea to put another higher than '3' in the permit box.

I would suggest posting your Sigma on our forums marketplace, usually items go quickly on there. Or gun broker.

Honestly, you're post is very confusing, at least to me. Not trying to sound rude at all but you might want to take a little time to look your posts over before posting them, they are just a bit jumbled.

I believe you're trying to say you did not like your purchase of a S&W Sigma and you want to replace it while unsure of how to replace it. You'd prefer to have a Glock in 9mm that can convert barrels to .40?

If that is true, YES you will need another permit whether you trade it in or sell it. If you don't have another permit, you're going to have to re-apply to your township PD for permits. It would be a good idea to put another higher than '3' in the permit box.

I would suggest posting your Sigma on our forums marketplace, usually items go quickly on there. Or gun broker.

you got on the first try thanks :keeporder:

brought sw9ve first buy now alittle smarter about what i want how do i go about replacing it do i have to sell it and get another

permit take back to store an try to trade it but will i need to get another permit want the glock that a 9 but convert to 40

inventory

glock 21

12gauge

ar15 5.56

My head hurts after trying to decipher that....

Honestly, I'm kinda wishing I sprang for a Colt for my first firearm purchase ever. But, everyone remembers their first.

Lots of people have impressed to me the "never sell a firearm" mentality-- I don't quite subscribe to that, but I will be holding on to my first.

Honestly, I'm kinda wishing I sprang for a Colt for my first firearm purchase ever. But, everyone remembers their first.

Lots of people have impressed to me the "never sell a firearm" mentality-- I don't quite subscribe to that, but I will be holding on to my first.

I bought a 1942 P-08 Luger as my first firearm....i don't regret it, nor will i ever. Shoot the gun, get accustomed to using it and it may grow on you...I then got a berretta 92 and a colt m1911(made in 1918)

buy the guns you like, buy the guns you want...all are investments and will surely appreciate...heck even g3 glocks are worth most of their original value.(and there are millions of them)

If finances allow , keep it and get the Glock you want :) In any event you need another permit..so unless you need the $$ from selling your existing gun to fund a new one , IMO just let your collection start..the first gun may grow on you. I bought a .45 acp 1911 as my first gun. I like it way more now than I did when I first shot it ;)

Are you having issues with the gun you have now?

why don't you like it exactly, I have read that's a good work horse of a gun? there is a guy who is a gun s

instructor out of Detroit and that's what he uses and loves, nothing fancy it just works, he says. think about it he can get any gun he wanted...

If finances allow , keep it and get the Glock you want :) In any event you need another permit..so unless you need the $$ from selling your existing gun to fund a new one , IMO just let your collection start..the first gun may grow on you. I bought a .45 acp 1911 as my first gun. I like it way more now than I did when I first shot it ;)

dont want to have 2 nines

I have four handguns in 9mm and two in .22LR. No two are the same, Each serves a differnt role. Speaking of "what if one of them goes down"....I took my Glock 19 apart to clean it prior to a range session and the guide rod fell apart as I field stripped it. Tossed the disassembled parts in the bag and took the other handguns to the range.

If you want to use a conversion barrel between .40S&W and 9mm you have to buy the gun in the larger caliber(40 S&W). Glock 22, 23, 27(?) I used a Wolf Distributors 9mm conversion barrel in my Glock 22 with 1 FTE (defective ammo) through probably 1000-1500 rounds. I don't remember the exact count. If you can afford to keep it you might as well. The only gun I've ever sold was my first since I realized I liked 9mm more than .40 and the compact fit my hand better.

Yo

if you couldnt help why not keep it movin

Because we are trying to help.

IMHO, this is one of the more friendlier Gun Forums on the web - it has to be. We have to stick together in this state. All we are suggesting is that you spend a little time making your post clearer so that we spend more time trying to help you and less trying to decipher what you are asking. I think you are asking this:

My first gun was a S&W M&P9. I'm a little smarter about firearms now. How do I go about replacing it and trading it in for a Glock? Do I have to get another permit? I'd really like a .40 caliber.

I currently have:

Glock 21

12gauge

AR15 5.56

[/Quote]

So yes, you are going to have to Go back to the police department and request a new permit. My suggestion is to sell your gun on this forum. You will get more money for it than you will if you trade it in at the gun store. This, of Course, is assuming you have an M&P 9 or 9c as opposed to a Sigma. Your post doesn't make that clear.

If you want a gun that shoots both 9 and 40 caliber, I would consider the Glock 23 and purchase a 9mm conversion barrel for it.

All the best. Welcome to the forum.

Quick question. Do they still hand out lollipops at banks? I do most of my banking online so haven't gotten a bank lollipop in ages.

Why yes, as a matter of fact-- they do. Several Wells Fargo branches do exactly that, although they leave the bowl outside of the 2 1/4" Lexan rather than hand it over to you. Honor system, and all that. I believe TD also utilizes the "transaction = sweets" classical conditioning of its clients.

Now what I'm wondering: do they still give out toasters?

professional blogger clearly being a D head

If you can't manage complete sentences, you should at least try for complete thoughts. If you want help, it is usually best to not make helping you more work than it has to be.

I think he's referring to the S&W Sigma (of course we would have known that from the get go, if he was able to form a coherent sentence)... Here's the SW9VE that he's referring to:

13283.jpg

I thought it might be a Sigma, but I wasn't sure. I don't know many people who have them. He will get a lousy trade-in price on a Sigma. Better to sell it here.

constructive criticism and sarcasm are two different thing ,

I agree. Allow me to give you something more along the lines of constructive criticism.

When you post a question on a forum you are asking people for help. When asking for help, the polite thing to do is to at least make it easy on those people. Writing your question in a clear manner is really just a basic courtesy. Throwing out something badly written like your original post says to people "figure this out for yourselves, bitches and then help me." This is not being a grammar Nazi, you really just threw some crap out there without even trying to make it clear. And notwithstanding the rudeness, it's just basic common sense that if you want a correct answer people need to understand what you want. This is not the end of the world but honestly when people zinged you a little bit for this, your reaction should have been to simply acknowledge that you could have written it better, clarify your question, and then get along.

None of this excuses a bunch of back and forth flinging of poo. So how about we all just quit the bickering.

Back to your original question becuase I am not even sure it was answered. If you want to purchase a new handgun you do need a Permit to Purchase. It does not matter if you are getting rid of one you already have. These are permits to purchase, not permits to own.

If you want to get rid of your Sigma then the easiest is to trade it to a dealer but for very little money. Otherwise you can sell it someplace like this forum, gunbroker, or any place else yourself. Using this forum and doing a face to face sale would save you shipping and listing fees so it is probably your best bet. There is a sticky at the top of the NJ Gun Law forum summarizing the regulations and your responsibilities for legally selling to a qualified buyer.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29389-nj-law-summary-read-first-nj-gun-law-faqs/