mcbethr

Donation and Explanation

I was at the breakfast table with my 9 year old talking about the Forth of July and he asked me if the Declaration of Independence made us free. I said that it didn't Only the subsequent war made us free.

I mentioned additionally that the signers didn't know how the war was going to turn out. The Declaration was signed on the 4th, but only read on the 8th, to allow the signers to get the heck out of Philadelphia before it was read.

These men were now criminals. If we lost the war, they would me marked as traitors and hanged. They really did pledge their "lives, fortunes and sacred honor."

I kind of forgot about that stuff, and sometimes it takes the mouth of a child to remind you of it. Then it struck me that I really don't have to do much in my life for my rights.

When I contact a legislature about New Jersey's laws or make a video on gun rights, I'm not risking jail time. The governor isn't going to throw me in a cell, or hang me, or take my property and throw my kids out on the street. The most I'm risking is having a few people roll their eyes.

We have it pretty easy. I don't have to pledge my life. My honor... well, that seems like an old fashioned concept, but I do have a little bit of fortune. So let's go that route.

I just donated $15 to the New Jersey Second Amendment Society as my own little freedom tax for Independence Day. This is the cost of a box of 9mm ammunition.

If 10 more people donate $15 today, I'll kick in another $85 do make it an even hundred donated. I'll ask Frank at the end of the day to see what he's raised. Post here if you made a donation and I'll try to keep a count.

Consider this a sort of Paul Revere fundraiser. Are you going to grab your musket off the wall and donate or hope the British don't pick your home as an example and just go away? We've been hoping for years, it's time to fight.

The choice is yours.

NJ2AS.org and click on the Donate link below the video.

Just a point, it's the DECLARATION of Independence. Not DECELERATION, that's what happens when you apply the brakes in your car.

Roflmao,

Seriously? On the short drop from your high horse I hope you accidentally clicked the Donate button, and made a contribution to the cause.

Show a little appreciation for what mcbethr is trying to accomplish, and some respect for the fact that he's putting up his own money (along with everyone else who posted above) to fight for YOUR rights in NJ .

Otherwise if you have nothing nice to say....

Just a point, it's the DECLARATION of Independence. Not DECELERATION, that's what happens when you apply the brakes in your car.

That is all, back on topic.

Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed. My bad for writing it on my phone just after breakfast.

Thanks to everybody who donated.

I just kicked in another $85 to NJ2AS for an even hundred. My hope was that I would raise $150 plus my hundred for $250.

Looks like we made $320+ my $100 for $420.

Thanks to everybody who donated... you are all true parrots... or patriots...something along those lines.

(And you can still donate, you know)

Guys, THANK YOU ALL for you generosity and more importantly for your trust and support. Ryan, thank very much for kicking this off. We received over $400.00 in donations from our friends due to your post. I have to apologize for my absence from njgunforums. my responsibilities as President of the NJ2AS take up a great deal of time. In an effort to expand our reach, I have been posting a great deal on our Facebook Group Page, maintaining our web presence, scheduling speakers for our events, promoting our campaigns such as Operation Establish Compliance, our OPRA initiatives and the campaign against Assembly Bill A1216, and many other things. But I haven't forgotten where I came from.

For those who don't know the story, njgunforums is the birthplace of the NJ2AS. About this time 2 years ago a bunch of us guys from njgunforums had enough of bitching about how bad NJ gun laws were and we decided to try and do something about the situation. We realized then that it would not happen over night, but we decided to do what we could to make things a bit better while we grew our number large enough to exert some influence on our legislators. We discovered that NJ Laws cut both ways and started taking advantage of the fact that so many town were not in compliance with the statutes as written. We started holding monthly meetings throughout the state and brought in speakers like attorneys Evan Nappen, Dan Schmutter, Scot Bach, David Jensen and even Alan Gura. We have had the Gun Rabbi - Dovid Bendory of JPFO and Rev. Kenn Blanchard - AKA Black Man With A Gun as well as presentations by trainers such as Rob Pincus, Chet Wilson, Cameron Green and Anthony Colandro, We have even had some media personalities such as Paul Mulshine of the NJ Star Ledger and on July 18, 2012 we will be featuring DENNIS MALLOY of NJ101.5. The NJ2AS was the first organization in NJ to ever hold a bi-partisan dialog on the right to keep and bear arms with Senators Michael Doherty and Jeff Van Drew. We also began to make some friends within the legislature on both sides of the aisle.

In order to continue to be effective we must continue to grow our numbers. In the end, it is the votes we can generate that will finally remove the obstacles that the authorities of NJ have imposed upon our RKBA. Your donations of money, time and talent will allow us to demonstrate to the one million plus firearms owners of New Jersey that TOGETHER we *HAVE* the power to make the necessary changes. Thank you all again, you guys are all part of the solution.

Frank Jack Fiamingo

Proud President of the

New Jersey Second Amendment Society

"NOW IS THE TIME!!!"

These men were now criminals. If we lost the war, they would me marked as traitors and hanged. They really did pledge their "lives, fortunes and sacred honor."

I kind of forgot about that stuff, and sometimes it takes the mouth of a child to remind you of it. Then it struck me that I really don't have to do much in my life for my rights.

When I contact a legislature about New Jersey's laws or make a video on gun rights, I'm not risking jail time. The governor isn't going to throw me in a cell, or hang me, or take my property and throw my kids out on the street. The most I'm risking is having a few people roll their eyes.

We have it pretty easy. I don't have to pledge my life. My honor... well, that seems like an old fashioned concept, but I do have a little bit of fortune. So let's go that route.

Not surprisingly, your results compare proportionately. Losing worse and worse in small steps every few years. Yup. You got it good.