NJSigfan

Springfield 1911 in 9mm

In search of my next gun and in need of some guidance. I already own 2 handguns, both 9mm, but have always admired the look and feel of the 1911's.

Should I stay in the same caliber, 9mm, and if so, what's the impression on the Springfield 9mm 1911. I read the thread on the board where it was stated it will take additional funds to correct issues. What were the issues? Are they isolated or production issue?

Are there any other makes to consider in 9mm aside from the S&W? The S&W looks nice, but at 1300 is above my price point considering I'm also picking up Ruger GP 100 .357

Thanks for the help

Don't give in to the 1911 must be a .45 crowd! ;) The STI models and SW1911 in 9mm are phenomenal 9mm handguns. I use the SW1911 in USPSA for single stack minor, and it serves me well.

with guns, you get what you pay for.

The best 1911 9mm I have shot is the Smith Wesson Pro Series.... plenty were sold by putting them into hands.

If you are looking at a budget, then the STI Spartan is a good value... but if you can, no regrets getting Smith Wesson Pro.

To me what caliber was based on what I could afford to shoot the most and what i had

the reloading equipment for. That was 9mm in the beginning and then 45. I don't really

think shooting one caliber is boring. It is kinda of practical. But that all depends on your

personal situation and tastes. I really like shooting 9mm and 45acp. I have no interest

in 40sw and beyond that they start getting real expensive.

Thank you for the feedback. Maybe I'm looking in the stores but, every STI I saw was in the 1k range or higher...

Too many options out there. :)

I just bought a STI Spartan in 9mm. When it gets here I'll let you know. If you'd like to meet up and shoot it you're more than welcome to.